Sign in to follow this  
Croftsy

Crofts back to Brighton?

Well that was weird, he''s just rejoined us on a 3 year deal ! http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2869592,00.html

Has he improved over the years ?

[quote user="Croftsy"]Well that was weird, he''s just rejoined us on a 3 year deal ! http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2869592,00.html

Has he improved over the years ?[/quote]
Solid Championship player, just not really good enough for the Premier League.

Just confirmed on Twitter.  Understandable decision.  Good luck to him.  Honest player who did well for us in Champ but not made an impact in the Premiership

wow, that came out of nowhere!

You probably know a lot about Crofts already - hard working, strong in the tackle and likes to burst forward with a good (if inconsistent) shot on him.  Was probably our best player in the first half of the championship season but struggled to get into games when used in the Premier League - always seemed to be a yard off the pace though you can''t fault his effort.  I''m sure no-one on here will have a bad word to say about him, and he''ll go back to Brighton with best wishes and thanks from everyone at Carrow Road.

Best of luck next season in the Championship.

jb

I''m happy for him. I don''t think he''s quite Prem standard but was great for us before that. I hope he does well at Brighton. I used to live there so have a soft spot for them. I''m sure he''ll prove to be a good signing for them.

Great to see the man back at the club, as you all knew we were completely gutted when he left us !

Can we have Benno back please !

paving the way for a more traditional defensive midfielder perhaps.....

Again, good luck to the guy. Couldn''t fault the effort he put into matches and was a very important player for us in the Championship.

In some ways this is a real shame as I think he is good enough for our overall squad even if he can''t command a regular first team place, but with the number of midfielders on the books it''s an understandable choice both for the club and player.Really hope he has a good return back at Brighton as he was a great professional whilst here and contributed some important stuff including that excellent goal against Barnsley :)Good luck Crofty and thanks for everything.

Good to hear.

I hope we''ll be back at Carrow Road in 2013/14 ! Would be great to draw you lot in the F.A cup.

[quote user="Hog"]paving the way for a more traditional defensive midfielder perhaps.....[/quote]

Like Liam Bridcutt perhaps ?

I remember taking my girlfriend to the Barnsley game and although she never usually bets, she had a small flutter on Crofts being first goalscorer at decent odds. Was over the moon for her when he notched!

Aside from that anecdote, he has been brilliant for us and i''ve always liked him. Good luck Andrew.

Good luck Crofts! Never let us down and gave me a favourite goal to remember[Y]

I even found myself cheering Wales as well.

Shame to see Crofts go. I actually think he is good enough for the prem but he was always likely to be the one to leave once we signed another midfielder. Good luck to the lad.

Good luck to a solid honest player, saddened to see him go considering players like Ward and Martin are here. Ah well...

What everyone else has said...

Really nice chap who was outstanding from the off in 10/11. Disappointed last season didn''t work out for him here but he''s a great aquisition for the Seagulls and will do well back there-great ground, good manager and a club going forward.

There are two Norwich shirts signed and framed in a corridor at the Amex-Crofts and Bennett-guess the former has come home!

All the best Crofty and thanks...

(no, you can''t have Benno back!)

Yes, thanks Croftsy; brilliant for us in our Championship season.

Was always going to come but I''m happy for him and Brighton that he''s gone back to them.

All the best for the future, Andy