Sign in to follow this  
Croftsy

Crofts back to Brighton?

He was outstanding in our promotion season and he''ll do fantastic for Brighton for the upcoming season. I can understand why he left, at Brighton he''s joining a club on the up, who''ll give him plenty of first team opportunities. Thanks for a great two years Crofts, good luck with Brighton who I expect to see around the top six! 

He was certainly good for us in the Champs, but never quite made it in the PL last season so it can''t be a massive surprise to see him leave; Brighton know what they are getting and he won''t let them down.

Yes, massive appreciation for Croftsy... It''s good to see.

He was my choice for player of the season in our year in the championship. Such a valuable asset in that league.

The strike at Barnsley... wow. I, like many others clearly, will never forget that one.

Good luck Crofts! Brighton will undoubtedly welcome you back with open arms.

all the best to the lad he gave us 2 good years but did struggle at the top which is a shame. It is a tribute to him that all the comments from norwich supporters are positive and appreciative. It does show that not all the lower league buys will come off at this level

Super hard worker, always commited if maybe just alittle short of the ability to hold down a regular premier league place and at 28 he''s going to want to play. Good luck hope he does great for them.

A firm favourite here in terms of commitment and effort, and done a good job in his two years here. That goal against Burnley, as others have said, will rightfully never be forgotten!

Sadly doesn''t look like he''ll be a regularly with so much midfield talent available at the club and it''s a good move for him going back to a club he loves, and hopefully good fortunes will follow him there as well. Thank you Croftsy, and good luck!

Pleased for Crofts. Will be fondly remembered for playing a key part in a our promotion to the Premier League.  A very able and versatile Championship player who will do very well back at Brighton.  Good luck fella!

Good luck to Crofts, never let us down, shame he couldn''t force his way into the first 11 more often last season.

Be intrested to see what we got for him, I''d hope around £500-700k...

Quality player at Championship level, but sadly couldn''t quite make the step up. Always came across as a really nice bloke and never ever gave us less than 100%. Really hope he does well at Brighton.

Not a bad word to say about him.  He was a key player in the Championship and always gave 100% in the Premiership.  I don''t think there are many better central midfielders in the Championship than Crofts.  Good move for Crofts, good signing for Brighton.

Remember his goal against watford too... Did ok here, I thought he did ok in the games in the prem tbh.... Good luck to him

Helped put the pride back into our football club, cheers Crofty. I''m sure you''ll get another shot at the Premiership sooner or later.

Faultless player for his effort, but struggled to hold a place in the team once we got in the Prem.Was great for us in the Championship.Quite right that he should be playing regular first team football, and up and coming (and familiar) Brighton seems a great place for him - sure he''ll do a great job there.Wish him all the best for the future.

One of the few ''young and hungry '' Lambert signing that didn''t quite consistently cut the mustard at the highest level.Enjoyed watching him at Norwich and I hope he has a successful return to his former club. Brighton seem to be a club with ambition and he''ll be returning to play in their new stadium.I hope he enjoyed his time at Carrow Rd too.

Was brilliant for us in the championship. Was suprised he didn''t quite make the step up to the prem. I think he has more ability than he gets credit for.

I really thought as others did that he would push on and become a star in the top flight.

Good luck crofty , you will always be welcome back at the carra.

[quote user="BobbyLo"]Yes, massive appreciation for Croftsy... It''s good to see.

He was my choice for player of the season in our year in the championship. Such a valuable asset in that league.

The strike at Barnsley... wow. I, like many others clearly, will never forget that one.

Good luck Crofts! Brighton will undoubtedly welcome you back with open arms.[/quote]

Yes great goal that day and won us the game at sheff utd with his two smash and grab goals. A great brace.

Thanks for the part you played in bringing back the good times Mr.C and a warm welcome will be waiting should you ever return to play at Carrow Road in the future.

Genuinely sad to see the bloke go but respect him for wanting to play more first team football than he can at Carrow Road rather than staying for wages.

Just hope we don''t regret this if we don''t make the cut next May - he''s a perfect Championship midfielder. 

[quote user="The Ambassador"]Why the face bobby?[/quote]

I genuinely don''t know! Ha ha... I blame it on this damn Android touch screen phone system being totally sensitive. I bet the quote thing hasn''t even worked properly either...

Oh... re your sig...best hide yo husbands too

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Genuinely sad to see the bloke go but respect him for wanting to play more first team football than he can at Carrow Road rather than staying for wages.

Just hope we don''t regret this if we don''t make the cut next May - he''s a perfect Championship midfielder. 

[/quote]

We don''t have the money to keep superfluous players in the squad in case we get relegated and they then became useful.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

We don''t have the money to keep superfluous players in the squad in case we get relegated and they then became useful.

[/quote]

Yes, I appreciate that and you must of course prepare to move forwards not backwards but if we do slip down and lose some stars he would have stepped back up to the plate. 

Nice to see all the positive comments for him. They are thoroughly deserved. I thought he was absolutely immense for the opening 10-15 games in the Championship in the holding role while Fox struggled to adapt to the diamond system. When he pushed further forward he maintained a high level of performance and as people have said that Barnsley goal would have graced any stage in world football.

I think he was slightly unfortunate last season but sometimes these things don''t work out. He has got a fantastic move to a progressive club on the up that he already knows. I think Crofty and Liam Bridcutt operating in tandem is an incredibly formidable partnership which many Championship midfields will not be looking forward to.

Shame to see him go - He did well for us, but a good move for him certainly in terms of getting more games. Looking at the players Brighton have brought into what was already a pretty solid squad, I think they''d be well worth a bet for promotion this season...