Sign in to follow this  
delta bravo

were my eyes deceiving me?

My mate told me he see''s Holt in the chinky up thorpe end quite a lot. Maybe he likes the odd chicken ball now and again.

[quote user="scrappy33"]My mate told me he see''s Holt in the chinky up thorpe end quite a lot. Maybe he likes the odd chicken ball now and again.[/quote]

There''s a lovely phrase making an unexpected return...

[quote user="lard eating canary"] Perpetuating myths about one of your own players is actually one of the worst traits of  football supporting.    Its bad enough opposing fans calling your captain a "fat b*strd" without your own fans going on about his weight.      We''ve been getting too much of it at Carrow Rd. Instead of recognising all the players look bigger in the new kit because of the way it is styled - no, pick on Holt he looks overweight. Sometimes its not what you say but the thoughts behind what you say that bring on the criticism.    Negative, ill thought out posts will always attract fierce critiscism.    Once you''ve eaten the pie, you can''t change it - so make sure what you eat is really what you want to eat [/quote]
One of the worse traits of football supporting, Really, really? Worse than racism, violence and obscenity, you really must get out more LDC.
I have stood next to Mr Holt and I can say that I looked considerably fatter than he did, but this was the cut of my shirt, apparently.
Lets face it GH is not the most athletic of players and has on occasions looked off the pace. He may have the mass to give him is own gravitational pull but if, and it is always an if at this stage of the season, he can do a job that is fine by me. 

[quote user="Fish Head"][quote user="lard eating canary"] Perpetuating myths about one of your own players is actually one of the worst traits of  football supporting.    Its bad enough opposing fans calling your captain a "fat b*strd" without your own fans going on about his weight.      We''ve been getting too much of it at Carrow Rd. Instead of recognising all the players look bigger in the new kit because of the way it is styled - no, pick on Holt he looks overweight. Sometimes its not what you say but the thoughts behind what you say that bring on the criticism.    Negative, ill thought out posts will always attract fierce critiscism.    Once you''ve eaten the pie, you can''t change it - so make sure what you eat is really what you want to eat [/quote]

One of the worse traits of football supporting, Really, really? Worse than racism, violence and obscenity, you really must get out more LDC. I have stood next to Mr Holt and I can say that I looked considerably fatter than he did, but this was the cut of my shirt, apparently. Lets face it GH is not the most athletic of players and has on occasions looked off the pace. He may have the mass to give him is own gravitational pull but if, and it is always an if at this stage of the season, he can do a job that is fine by me. 

[/quote]

I get out lots, thanks Fishead. Racism violence and obscenity are nothing to do with football supporting.   Football supporting is about getting behind your players and not looking for faults where there are none.   Its the easiest thing in the world to latch on to a previously common held view that a player has a  particular fault.       I''m just fed up with fans picking on players for no real reason.....................had enough of it last season, but I don''t suppose this season will be any better - for some people the glass is always half empty.

"Really, really? Worse than racism, violence and obscenity, you really must get out more LDC"

What a terrible and shite come back, I must say. First of all, did LDC say "Perpetuating myths about one of your own players IS THE WORST in football"?. No, he didn''t. So saying that it''s "Worse than racism, violence and obscenity" is totally off-topic.

Your either behind the team and the players or your not. Make your mind up.

Of all our players he is the one that tends to chunk up a tad in the close season but he has proved time and time again an ability to get super fit with the performances never letting us down

[quote user="delta bravo"]i actually thought his general play was fairly average, didn''t do much wrong but didn''t look like he was the same shape as last season at all to me, which was my point.  He will be open to plenty of criticism unfortunately because of the very unpleasant saga of the summer.  If i''d just got my own way on a 3yr contract (which i don''t think he should have been given btw) and was earning the sort of money he is, i would have kept myself in better condition. 
[/quote]

so that why you posted this crap, go an support someone else

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="delta bravo"]i actually thought his general play was fairly average, didn''t do much wrong but didn''t look like he was the same shape as last season at all to me, which was my point.  He will be open to plenty of criticism unfortunately because of the very unpleasant saga of the summer.  If i''d just got my own way on a 3yr contract (which i don''t think he should have been given btw) and was earning the sort of money he is, i would have kept myself in better condition.  [/quote]

so that why you posted this crap, go an support someone else

[/quote]never had an opinion?  it''s my opinion and i''m entitled to it, if you don''t like it i don''t really care.....i''m sure you''re not that important anyway

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"It''s the cut of the shirt"...........

[/quote]

Ummm..........isn''t that picture a year old?   The "cut of the shirt" being talked about is the new black kit we were wearing on Tuesday.

Not sure what your point is...........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Ummm..........isn''t that picture a year old?   The "cut of the shirt" being talked about is the new black kit we were wearing on Tuesday.

[/quote]

Not sure about you........

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I object to any criticism of our Grant. Based upon this picture, as a tyre he''s never looked fitter.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I object to any criticism of our Grant. Based upon this picture, as a tyre he''s never looked fitter.

[/quote]

Radial.......or, Cross ply?

comment i heard at the ground is we should have done better as we were playing with 11 and a half men against Ajax, referring to holts size.

It will come off and his ability is not in question but it seems the OP was not the only one to think he had enjoyed the summer.

[quote user="Canary02 IV"][quote user="scrappy33"]My mate told me he see''s Holt in the chinky up thorpe end quite a lot. Maybe he likes the odd chicken ball now and again.[/quote]

There''s a lovely phrase making an unexpected return...[/quote]Ah yes.......For those of us of a certain age it does bring back memories of a Liberal MP and his alleged close relationship with a male model called Norman Scott.....[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Radial.......or, Cross ply?

[/quote]

Not sure. Let''s just say very good in winter conditions. I believe it was a Goodyear.

Saw him fairly up close at the Peterborough game & he didn''t look any different from last season tbh.

Let me first state that I haven''t been to any of the pre season friendlies so haven''t seen Holt since the last game of last season...but...

I have it on very good authority that GH is fitter this year certainly than last and considers himself to be working harder on his fittness than ever. This could mean that his "Fat" might just be bulk muscle. Apparentley working during the pre season in the gym rather than "Enjoying the time off" It''s a couple of weeks away then we can judge.

I think massively overweight is an exageration but yes he does look larger in the Ajax highlights That said I think the cut of the shirt does have something to do with it as have seen pictures of him training in the gym etc this summer where he looks really lean and fit. Thing with holty is that he always takes a few games to get going, He''s not the sort of player who can come into the side and look sharp straight away, he needs a run of gams to get his touch and regain full match fitness. It is perhaps unsurprising therefore that he hasn;t looked quite as sharp in pre-season as he did last season but hopefully by the time the season starts he will have had a nice run of games in the friendlies and be at peak fitness. Its all about building up the fitness and clocking the miles at this stage of the season.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

This has been a long thread on a non issue really.   There''s a one word answer to the origanal poster and were your eyes deceiving you?

"Yes"

[/quote]

or maybe '''' No '''' depeding on whose eyes you''re looking through.

LDC, why do you think you can tell people their opinion?

This guy clearly thought Holt looked a bit overweight and wants to know who else thinks the same, he''s not starting a holt hate campaign. You can''t tell people they can''t discuss an issue, if you think it''s a non issue, why are you so interested by it? I''d suggest your multiple posts in this thread prove its not a non issue as you''ve seen fit to comment multiple times...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]LDC, why do you think you can tell people their opinion?

This guy clearly thought Holt looked a bit overweight and wants to know who else thinks the same, he''s not starting a holt hate campaign. You can''t tell people they can''t discuss an issue, if you think it''s a non issue, why are you so interested by it? I''d suggest your multiple posts in this thread prove its not a non issue as you''ve seen fit to comment multiple times...[/quote]

Says the forum cop...

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lake district canary"]

This has been a long thread on a non issue really.   There''s a one word answer to the origanal poster and were your eyes deceiving you?

"Yes"

[/quote]

or maybe '''' No '''' depeding on whose eyes you''re looking through.

[/quote]

I think it best you tell Kathy yourself about this post before i tell her on the way to MK later this afternoon. [:P]

How on earth am I the forum cop?

I can only assume you don''t know what one is, and as I just posted you can''t tell people they can''t discuss an issue, LDC is trying to stop that happening here, I don''t agree with the OP that doesn''t mean he''s wrong, or shouldn''t post. But LDC shouldn''t be telling him he can have his opinion. It''s fine for him to disagree, but he''s not just disagreeing is he?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How on earth am I the forum cop?

I can only assume you don''t know what one is, and as I just posted you can''t tell people they can''t discuss an issue, LDC is trying to stop that happening here, I don''t agree with the OP that doesn''t mean he''s wrong, or shouldn''t post. But LDC shouldn''t be telling him he can have his opinion. It''s fine for him to disagree, but he''s not just disagreeing is he?[/quote]

Don''t piss in my ear and tell it''s raining, you''ve been forum copping for years now. Every time an argument springs up, you jump into it and tell people what not to do.

Was your post even relevant to the topic? Nope.

(Yes, I know mine and the previous post wasn''t as well...but still, I havn''t been doing it for years.)