Sign in to follow this  
delta bravo

were my eyes deceiving me?

[quote user="delta bravo"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]This thread is one of the reasons I stopped posting for a while. So negative. It shocks me we have so many . Negative tits that is.[/quote]

To be fair the reason i don''t post very often is because of the response you get if you have a very low post count (not from all i may add!)  My point was he looked overweight to me, i was sort of hoping people would have their own view, i.e he looked the same as last season to me, he''s always been that shape etc etc.

But once again it''s met with, oh another anti Holt comment, what a load of rubbish etc etc......
[/quote]

I don''t think the low post count is anything to do with it, more likely the quality of the post. If you post sh***, you have every reason to expect people to tell you so.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]I agree Delta Bravo, he did look bigger to me from where I was sitting at the back of the Jarrold. My friends commented on it too.

Like you, this was merely an observation, and perhaps it was the cut of the new shirt.

Don''t mind the posters on here as many no doubt have topless shots of him enlarged on their bedroom walls to satisfy their six pack cravings.

A few nice little link ups with Vaughan when he did get the ball, despite his clinical obesity.
[/quote]

Did you have your binoculars or do you have extra special eyesight?

Not going to get involved in the personal disputes however Grant Holt did look overweight, now this could be to do with either:

> The cut of the new shirt

> The fact we''re only a few weeks into the pre-season schedule

If you have been a Norwich fan since Grant Holt arrived you will know Holt always starts off poorly, looking fat etc then as the season goes on he improves dramatically.

So why do we have the same arguments every season?

I think Holty looks ''Fat as a pig'' - ''Thinner than Posh Spice on the Cambridge diet''

Delete as appropriate.

Some of you on here really are plums !

It was an observation, nothing more nothing less.

I thought he looked fine from the lower Barclay but won''t vilify the poster for his opinions.

I must admit I thought Holt looked a bit bulked up wearing black. Mind you, it could be a similiar scenario to a boxer making the weight before a fight - I''m sure he''ll be fine come the Fulham game!

Perhaps he just appears slimmer in yellow & green?...

[quote user="delta bravo"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]This thread is one of the reasons I stopped posting for a while. So negative. It shocks me we have so many . Negative tits that is.[/quote]

To be fair the reason i don''t post very often is because of the response you get if you have a very low post count (not from all i may add!)  My point was he looked overweight to me, i was sort of hoping people would have their own view, i.e he looked the same as last season to me, he''s always been that shape etc etc.

But once again it''s met with, oh another anti Holt comment, what a load of rubbish etc etc......
[/quote]

What game were you watching?  Several times Holt for some strange reason pulled up his shirt and exposed his belly.  Even from a distaance of some 30 yards, it was clear that he had a washboard flat stomach.  We commented on it enviously and said how good it was that he had learnt from last season.

Never mind negativity, you obviously weren''t watching Holt; assuming you were at the game at all.  You are just plain wrong.

I saw the Celtic and Posh games last week and Holt did look as though he''d put on a pound or two. But, as someone said on here, he was the same at the beginning of last season. Got dropped, slimmed down a bit and the rest is history. Lots of footballers enjoy their summer break but it doesn''t usually affect them when the season starts.Maybe that''s why Mr McNally was stalling over that third year...........too much middle aged spread [;)]

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]I agree Delta Bravo, he did look bigger to me from where I was sitting at the back of the Jarrold. My friends commented on it too.Like you, this was merely an observation, and perhaps it was the cut of the new shirt.Don''t mind the posters on here as many no doubt have topless shots of him enlarged on their bedroom walls to satisfy their six pack cravings.A few nice little link ups with Vaughan when he did get the ball, despite his clinical obesity.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure I get your point Webbo118. To me, from where I was, which was a long way away, he looked bigger than usual. Much like the OP said. It''s not an attack on Holt or scientific fact, merely an observation. Not all of us were glued to Grant Holt''s torso for 90 minutes and waiting for any opportunity for him to display his washboard stomach. For that I salute you. He''s a dish after all. 

Some people on here are far too precious.

Why the hell are the people with their ''observation'' having a go at anyone that doesn''t agree? Then start playing the victim? People are allowed to disagree, doesn''t mean they are having a go,or obsessed with Grant Holt...''

My son and I walked right past Holt in Castle Mall a couple of days ago. I said to she who must be obeyed afterward that he looked incredibly fit, and slim, and that he had obviously been training very hard. Appearances can be deceiving. Mine, from 2 ft away, of yours from the stands ???

This thread is a bit daft. Was from the outset.  It''s the easiest thing to pick up on - the "old" story of Holt and his weight.  Why do you think he keeps lifting his shirt??    To show all the plums that he is not overweight.   

You can''t change your bone structure (without surgery!!)  so given his frame he is as fit as a fiddle.   After all, if he slims too much for the size of his frame it would affect his fitness badly.

Its an old story, people that say "ooh he looks to have put on weight"   \are not seeing him ashe is, but harking back to a bygone age...............

Nostalgia isn''t what it used to be.................

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why the hell are the people with their ''observation'' having a go at anyone that doesn''t agree? Then start playing the victim? People are allowed to disagree, doesn''t mean they are having a go,or obsessed with Grant Holt...''[/quote]Precisely Gingerpele! People are allowed to disagree and have opinions which don''t need to be slaughtered by other posters. Much like the OP''s opinion. Not sure who is playing the victim? An odd sentiment.

Well, i''m just seeing a couple of posts, not sure if it was you or someone else saying something along the lines of ''we''ve got a low post count/different opinion everyone is jumping on us/having a go''. Now if thats not what you/who ever mean''t then fair enough.

To be honest, we probably all do it, but its far too easy to start making accusations and turn a discussion with a wide range of opinion into a ''heated'' argument, possibly with personal insults put in, and going completely away from the topic. For some reason that just happens on forums. If you start talking to NCFC fans at the game, how often would you end up in an argument?

I''m not saying your doing that now, because your not. But just seeing a couple of posts in this thread basically accusing anyone who has said Holt isn''t fat of either obsessing over Holt''s body or jumping on their high horse or having a go at low post count posters is just a bit odd.

Also, not sure I can agree with LDC, i''m not so sure people are just trying to re-hash old speculation. How do you know these people don''t genuinely think Holt has put on weight? Regardless of what he''s done in the past? I personally like to think that most people aren''t so pathetic they have to start having a go at Holt just to try and get a reaction... Why would you even want a reaction from a bunch of random people on the internet?

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why the hell are the people with their ''observation'' having a go at anyone that doesn''t agree? Then start playing the victim? People are allowed to disagree, doesn''t mean they are having a go,or obsessed with Grant Holt...''[/quote]Precisely Gingerpele! People are allowed to disagree and have opinions which don''t need to be slaughtered by other posters. Much like the OP''s opinion. Not sure who is playing the victim? An odd sentiment.[/quote]Thank you - it did appear on reading back my OP that it could be read as a little bit of an attack.  I genuinely didn''t mean it to come across as such, it was literally an observation.  IMO he looked to have put on weight, something he most definitely did last pre season, and he paid the price by losing his place.I do feel like it''s a waste of time having an opinion, because people will attack you if it''s not the same as theirs.  I''m not playing the victim and neither are you, however some most certainly are..........

Well Delta in my opinion you are...

I''ll admit I haven''t read every post in this thread, but who is ''attacking'' you? of course your allowed a different opinion, we wouldn''t have forums if we didn''t have different opinions. I''m sure i''ve done it in the past, but just turning around and saying people are attacking you because you have a different opinion isn''t fair. How are you supposed to gain any ''credit'' or carry on the discussion if thats what your going to do?

Fair enough, you think Holt''s put on some weight, others don''t agree, unless i''ve just missed the posts with people having a go, why do you need to start saying your not allowed a different opinion?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I''ve just read the OP again. It''s even more of a prattish post than I first thought. Un bloody believable[/quote]how about this GP?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Ah! Another anti Holt comment. What did he do wrong last nigh ffst? He teamed up with Vaughan superbly. Did his usual hold up play and cheeky flicks etc.

Second half had a near impossible task up on his own with only the help of an off form Wes.

Holty is a big unit. He didn''t do too bad last season from what I remember and he was the same ''shape'' :-)[/quote]Or this?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh sorry. I''ve now read your response. I take it back. Your second post is worse.

Now off to pub. I get more sense from the landlords dog[/quote]Or this?

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]I was sat first row in the Jarrold stand, Area M to be precise right where they were training before kick off. Holt came running up and gave us all a wave and stuff. I can confirm that he wasn''t fat or any other word that can describe him as such. He is a big forward that can wrestle his way through defences when he has to!

Go away with your Holt hate, he kept us up with superb goals against top teams. He has nothing to prove to you or any other smack talkers. He signed a new contract, he is nearing full fitness for the season and that''s all there is to say about it. Get a grip.[/quote]Holt hate????? F*** off!

[quote user="delta bravo"]I do feel like it''s a waste of time having an opinion, because people will attack you if it''s not the same as theirs.  [/quote]

You''re learning fast, 1) dont disagree with the majority and 2) don''t dare to  ever critisise Holt, then you should live to fight another day on here.

[quote user="delta bravo"]I do feel like it''s a waste of time having an opinion, because people will attack you if it''s not the same as theirs.  [/quote]

db, your responses to the "prove it" question were succinct and spot on.

To all others, the guy has put his hands up and admitted that his wording could have been better chosen in his OP and apologised for this. He has not apologised for his opinion, as well he shouldn''t. To some people, an apology is never enough - only when it approaches abject humiliation will they start to feel "justice" has been served.

A word about the value of opinions - cherish them! Without them, the bullies would rule!

Perpetuating myths about one of your own players is actually one of the worst traits of  football supporting.    Its bad enough opposing fans calling your captain a "fat b*strd" without your own fans going on about his weight.      We''ve been getting too much of it at Carrow Rd - too much trying to find something wrong with our players.   Instead of recognising all the players look bigger in the new kit because of the way it is styled - no, pick on Holt and say he looks overweight.   

Sometimes its not what you say but the thoughts behind what you say that bring on the criticism.    Negative, ill thought out posts will always attract fierce critiscism.    Once you''ve clicked on the ''post'' button, you can''t change it - so make sure what you say is really what you want to say.   

Delta I do not retract any of my comments regarding your original post.

I see further down this thread you have tried to qualify what you were trying to say. Fair enough but you must except criticism particularly when your opinions did not seem particularly fair or indeed accurate.

We all get panned on here from time to time. Rock on mate.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Perpetuating myths about one of your own players is actually one of the worst traits of  football supporting.    Its bad enough opposing fans calling your captain a "fat b*strd" without your own fans going on about his weight.      We''ve been getting too much of it at Carrow Rd - too much trying to find something wrong with our players.   Instead of recognising all the players look bigger in the new kit because of the way it is styled - no, pick on Holt and say he looks overweight.   

Sometimes its not what you say but the thoughts behind what you say that bring on the criticism.    Negative, ill thought out posts will always attract fierce critiscism.    Once you''ve clicked on the ''post'' button, you can''t change it - so make sure what you say is really what you want to say.   

I will say again, i thought Holt looked a bit overweight, i wanted to know if anyone thought the same, I was making an observation, giving an opinion.  I''m not a Holt hater, i support the team as well as anyone else and have never been on here or anywhere else and slagged off individuals or in fact the team in general.  I also said, that if he was overweight then it''s not on, he should have kept himself in better condition.  I was probably wrong, and i apologised for the way it was written.  I won''t apologise for my opinion.  As for picking on Holt, definitely was not the case, it just so happened that he was the one (IMO) who looked overweight!

[/quote]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Delta I do not retract any of my comments regarding your original post.

I see further down this thread you have tried to qualify what you were trying to say. Fair enough but you must except criticism particularly when your opinions did not seem particularly fair or indeed accurate.

We all get panned on here from time to time. Rock on mate.[/quote]My opinion is my opinion, your opinion is yours, but to accuse me of being unfair seems a little pot and kettle.  You resorted to stupidity and that was uncalled for

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]I agree Delta Bravo, he did look bigger to me from where I was sitting at the back of the Jarrold. My friends commented on it too.

Like you, this was merely an observation, and perhaps it was the cut of the new shirt.

Don''t mind the posters on here as many no doubt have topless shots of him enlarged on their bedroom walls to satisfy their six pack cravings.

A few nice little link ups with Vaughan when he did get the ball, despite his clinical obesity.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure I get your point Webbo118. To me, from where I was, which was a long way away, he looked bigger than usual. Much like the OP said. It''s not an attack on Holt or scientific fact, merely an observation. Not all of us were glued to Grant Holt''s torso for 90 minutes and waiting for any opportunity for him to display his washboard stomach. For that I salute you. He''s a dish after all. 

Some people on here are far too precious.

[/quote]

You''ve just answered it for yourself