Sign in to follow this  
delta bravo

were my eyes deceiving me?

Holt looked massively overweight last night (sometimes difficult to tell from a long way away) however, if he was as fat as he looked from where i was sitting he should be ashamed of himself.  Apologies if this has been mentioned before somewhere, will be amazed if it hasn''t but tbh couldn''t be arsed to trawl through all the threads.

Ah! Another anti Holt comment. What did he do wrong last nigh ffst? He teamed up with Vaughan superbly. Did his usual hold up play and cheeky flicks etc.

Second half had a near impossible task up on his own with only the help of an off form Wes.

Holty is a big unit. He didn''t do too bad last season from what I remember and he was the same ''shape'' :-)

[quote user="delta bravo"]Holt looked massively overweight last night (sometimes difficult to tell from a long way away) however, if he was as fat as he looked from where i was sitting he should be ashamed of himself.  Apologies if this has been mentioned before somewhere, will be amazed if it hasn''t but tbh couldn''t be arsed to trawl through all the threads.
[/quote]

If you couldn''t be arsed to trawl through all the threads, I''m surprised you could be  arsed to write such an arsy post.   

Just saying................

[quote user="delta bravo"]Holt looked massively overweight last night (sometimes difficult to tell from a long way away) however, if he was as fat as he looked from where i was sitting he should be ashamed of himself.  Apologies if this has been mentioned before somewhere, will be amazed if it hasn''t but tbh couldn''t be arsed to trawl through all the threads.[/quote]Where were you sitting then, Pizza Hut?

i actually thought his general play was fairly average, didn''t do much wrong but didn''t look like he was the same shape as last season at all to me, which was my point.  He will be open to plenty of criticism unfortunately because of the very unpleasant saga of the summer.  If i''d just got my own way on a 3yr contract (which i don''t think he should have been given btw) and was earning the sort of money he is, i would have kept myself in better condition. 

Oh sorry. I''ve now read your response. I take it back. Your second post is worse.

Now off to pub. I get more sense from the landlords dog

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh sorry. I''ve now read your response. I take it back. Your second post is worse.

Now off to pub. I get more sense from the landlords dog[/quote]Just my opinion, sorry to have offended you

[quote user="delta bravo"]Holt looked massively overweight last night (sometimes difficult to tell from a long way away) however, if he was as fat as he looked from where i was sitting he should be ashamed of himself.  Apologies if this has been mentioned before somewhere, will be amazed if it hasn''t but tbh couldn''t be arsed to trawl through all the threads.[/quote]
Actually yes, you''re eyes were deceiving you - I watched it online, and at one point Holt lifted his shirt to wipe his face and he is as lean as I''ve ever seen him. Specsavers for you son.

I was sat first row in the Jarrold stand, Area M to be precise right where they were training before kick off. Holt came running up and gave us all a wave and stuff. I can confirm that he wasn''t fat or any other word that can describe him as such. He is a big forward that can wrestle his way through defences when he has to!

Go away with your Holt hate, he kept us up with superb goals against top teams. He has nothing to prove to you or any other smack talkers. He signed a new contract, he is nearing full fitness for the season and that''s all there is to say about it. Get a grip.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]This thread is one of the reasons I stopped posting for a while. So negative. It shocks me we have so many . Negative tits that is.[/quote]To be fair the reason i don''t post very often is because of the response you get if you have a very low post count (not from all i may add!)  My point was he looked overweight to me, i was sort of hoping people would have their own view, i.e he looked the same as last season to me, he''s always been that shape etc etc.But once again it''s met with, oh another anti Holt comment, what a load of rubbish etc etc......

Holt looked fine to me, he''s always been ''big'' but he''s far from fat, it''s just the way his body is. I would agree Holt didn''t look completely up to speed, but neither did many of our players, Holt looked no less fit than any other Norwich player on that pitch (apart from Vaughan who looked pumped and ready for the season to begin).

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="delta bravo"]Holt looked massively overweight last night (sometimes difficult to tell from a long way away) however, if he was as fat as he looked from where i was sitting he should be ashamed of himself.  Apologies if this has been mentioned before somewhere, will be amazed if it hasn''t but tbh couldn''t be arsed to trawl through all the threads.[/quote]
Actually yes, you''re eyes were deceiving you - I watched it online, and at one point Holt lifted his shirt to wipe his face and he is as lean as I''ve ever seen him. Specsavers for you son.
[/quote]Fair enough

Saw him at PBoro on Saturday, players exercising in front of City fans GH only 10 feet away looked pretty lean and fit.  As lean as he normally is certainly not fat and out of condition.

Suggest Specsavers.

I think it can be a genuine concern as was evident at the beginning of last season. He wasn''t fit enough, got dropped, Morison came in and we started winning. Holt came back slimmer and then bossed it. We could do with him right from the start this time as he''s a class footballer who''s crucial to our survival.

Delta, if you worded your original post differently you might not have received this reaction. You were flamboyant with your arrogance to not take a moment to find a similar thread. You were unbridled with the fact you thought Holt should feel ashamed for no good reason other than your eyes perceiving something that was not.

Good posts = Good replies - SHOCK HORROR.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]Delta, if you worded your original post differently you might not have received this reaction. You were flamboyant with your arrogance to not take a moment to find a similar thread. You were unbridled with the fact you thought Holt should feel ashamed for no good reason other than your eyes perceiving something that was not.

Good posts = Good replies - SHOCK HORROR.[/quote]Point taken but to be honest I don''t think it really matters how you word things on here u are still shot down far too easily.  I should have worded it better i agree, however, i thought he was overweight (it appears i was wrong!) again apologies for this.  The point about him being ashamed was obviously meant as, if he hasnt kept himself in good condition he should be ashamed, because he''s got himself a 3yr deal, which is open to debate about whether he should have been given or not, and he wasn''t in shape at the start of last season (in my opinion) i guess i feared a repeat of this this season.I am not a Holt hater, and he has obviously deserves massive credit for all he has done.  It doesn''t mean i can''t have an opinion on him, as I have said, he will get plenty of that this season because of what happened.  Apologies if i have offended anyone - seriously

Heard talk of this before the celtic game, waited for the team to get off the bus there and he looked in decent enough shape with 3 weeks of pre-season left.

Was expecting something resembling jason scotland but seems some people can''t help but find fault

Now I wanna kick this off by saying I would say I am grant Holts biggest fan. I think he is a legend and vital to the club a totally brilliant player......

But I have to say I did think when I saw him at the posh he had put on a bit of timber. Now I wouldnt feel the need to bring it up but I wouldn''t either Lynch anyone for saying so. Now I don''t think anyone is saying he is fat or nothing the op was prob just trying to say he didn''t look as good as what he did last season.

I''m not at all concerned about any of this as I''m sure that from the first kick off the ball Mr Holt will be giving it his all and once again be leading from the front !!!! Super Grant Holt

If Holt looks fat, I must look like the most overweight person in the world...

Holt has a big build, I would be disappointed if he shed a load of weight because he wouldn''t be as effective. He didn''t look fat, and he only didn''t rush around all game because it was a friendly, and we''ve got 2/3 more to come...

I thought the same, after seeing him at Posh looking lean and fit he looked bigger to me too. Maybe it''s the kit colour, if so that''s a bit worrying because as any woman will tell you, black is supposed to make you look slim.

I agree Delta Bravo, he did look bigger to me from where I was sitting at the back of the Jarrold. My friends commented on it too.Like you, this was merely an observation, and perhaps it was the cut of the new shirt.Don''t mind the posters on here as many no doubt have topless shots of him enlarged on their bedroom walls to satisfy their six pack cravings.A few nice little link ups with Vaughan when he did get the ball, despite his clinical obesity.

I think it could be the cut of the shirt. If you look at the pic at the top of this article, Bradley Johnson looks twice as wide as he is, and even James Vaughan looks bigger than he actually is.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_friendly_with_ajax_lit_up_by_two_brilliant_strikes_1_1466671

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]

Don''t mind the posters on here as many no doubt have topless shots of him enlarged on their bedroom walls to satisfy their six pack cravings.

[/quote]

Some of  us "posters"  see what is actually occuring rather than jump on old bandwagons, regurgitating old arguments for the sake of it.  To opposition supporters Holt will always be a "fat b*stard"  (much like Rooney is to non-MU supporters).  One would hope better of real  Norwich supporters............... 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]

Don''t mind the posters on here as many no doubt have topless shots of him enlarged on their bedroom walls to satisfy their six pack cravings.[/quote]

Some of  us "posters"  see what is actually occuring rather than jump on old bandwagons, regurgitating old arguments for the sake of it.  To opposition supporters Holt will always be a "fat b*stard"  (much like Rooney is to non-MU supporters).  One would hope better of real  Norwich supporters............... 

[/quote]It read as an observation to me not the basis for an argument but there are some precious individuals on here who do like to jump on their high horse at any given opportunity.