Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Ayala has signed for Forest on a season long loan according to his girlfriend on Twitter.

I would hope that this will be swiftly followed by us signing a new centre back. I really thought Ayala would be pushing to be a regular starter this season.

I''m starting to slightly worry about next season. I hope Hughton has a few irons already in the fire, otherwise what''s the point of letting him leave? We still have Ward and Barnett, who really are not good enough for this level.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I''m starting to slightly worry about next season. I hope Hughton has a few irons already in the fire, otherwise what''s the point of letting him leave? We still have Ward and Barnett, who really are not good enough for this level.[/quote]

But neither is Ayala at the moment, that''s why he''s going on loan

Apart from Ward is good enough.

Lambert thought he was good enough, and it looks like Hughton thinks he''s good enough...

Hopefully Ayala has a fantastic season, and comes back ready to push into the first team here.

I dont understand all the panic about Dani Ayala going out on loan.Michael Turner, Ryan Bennett, Leon Barnett, Ward and even Russell Martin can play centre half.The people who slate Ward and Leon B with absolutely no facts or stats to back it up typify Norwich fans in that they pick a player and criticise everything- no matter what.Elliott Ward is perfectly good enough for the Premiership.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Apart from Ward is good enough. Lambert thought he was good enough, and it looks like Hughton thinks he''s good enough... Hopefully Ayala has a fantastic season, and comes back ready to push into the first team here.[/quote]

Ward is NOT good enough, he is awful.

On a more positive note Ayala''s mrs is hot!!

Just a quick question for those getting anxious. Would you rather we spent all our budget early in the window or keep most of it up our sleeve until we had a clear idea of what was available, and who was likely to be surplus to requirements elsewhere?

Well... bugger.

Fingers crossed for a name or two in to make us feel better. Talk of Ward off to the same place, which would be just barmy. Maybe, just maybe Davies is coming afterall - who knows! I''m not too worried about the centre back, it''s the right and left I''m worried for.

Great move!    We are well covered at centre back.   Ayala can develop well at Forest.     Bennett and Turner probable starters - Ward, Barnett, Martin as cover.    Well sorted at centre back.   

Obviously a signing or two are in the works, we are light of full back cover and as I fully expect russell martin to start at RB (though i prefer him at CB), that leaves only Bennett, Turner, Ward and Barnett.

Personally very disappointed, Ayala is one of the most promising players we have imo, and I don''t believe Ward is good enough - based on the games I watched last year I might add

No one appears to have mentioned that Whittaker can also play CB when he gets back from injury.

Hope Ayala gets some good experience under his belt. Thought he had a good pass on him, but just can''t back it up with the tackling.

More players coming in for sure, hopefully Davies although that may be wishful thinking!

Sky Sports stating Forest want Ward too so you never know :)

Not a bad move, Ayala was very shaky and needs game time or he will stagnate a little.

"Grant Holt''s 3 year contract"]I dont understand all the panic about Dani Ayala going out on loan.Michael Turner, Ryan Bennett, Leon Barnett, Ward and even Russell Martin can play centre half.The people who slate Ward and Leon B with absolutely no facts or stats to back it up typify Norwich fans in that they pick a player and criticise everything- no matter what.Elliott Ward is perfectly good enough for the Premiership.Yeah we have many centre backs, but how many are actually good?

quote user:Che''s right hand man   Yeah we have many centre backs, but how many are actually good?

There is room for improvement in them, but they are all good players.     People just remember the mistakes  - but all players make mistakes - it is part of the learning process.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]"Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I dont understand all the panic about Dani Ayala going out on loan.Michael Turner, Ryan Bennett, Leon Barnett, Ward and even Russell Martin can play centre half.The people who slate Ward and Leon B with absolutely no facts or stats to back it up typify Norwich fans in that they pick a player and criticise everything- no matter what.Elliott Ward is perfectly good enough for the Premiership.Yeah we have many centre backs, but how many are actually good?[/quote]How many have you written off  then?Turner hasnt even played a competitive game for us yet.Ryan Bennett, Leon B and Ward have been written off by a lot of numpties on here but  I fail to see why. Players can improve.If you''d asked Holty whether or not  he thought he''d be a premiership striker 3 years ago, I wonder what he''d have said?

It feels like this will end with an incoming CB even though we do have decent cover, and if Ward (one horrific game last season, solid in the rest) moves then would be a shock and surely signal a major signing. For me though, as I mentioned on a previous post, this is CH''s first mistake and I am sure, just like PL he wont make many this season.

Zak didn''t see this coming:

@ZakWhitbread:

@hucks6dh6 has Ayala signed for Forest mate?

@hucks6dh6:

@ZakWhitbread Season long loan!

@ZakWhitbread:

@hucks6dh6 cheers pal. Surprising..

Another place freed up on the squad, lets see some additions Danny Rose LB on loan perhaps and RB from Liverpool?  Still can''t believe Ward or Barnett still in contention.  Hope we can call back if necessary.

1 thing I will say is that if any manager is going to know defenders ability it''s going to be CH.Let''s just see what happens, defensively we''ve been solid so far this pre-season.