Sign in to follow this  
drurys dodgy knee

Michael Owen

Pffft... it''d be good, but his wages.

Nah, not a chance. Though I''m surprised he hasn''t found a new home already!

That person has no knowledge on transfers whatsoever. Often resorts to abusing/insulting people should anyone question him. No different to dodgy rumours website.

However, on the topic of Owen, would happily have him on a pay as you play contract. Depends what''s more important to him - top flight football or money

Yeah that guy gets nothing right, for all of you on twitter follow agent_NCP I haven''t seen him get anything wrong yet, most reliable source i''ve seen on twitter

Lets be honest things could get tricky at times this season and our backs are likely to be against the wall at some point. In a similar situation at Newcastle he was found wanting. He was their captain and their main goal threat. In the final games he had a minor injury and felt he could only take a place on the bench. It left Shearer and a lot of Newcastle fans scratching their heads. The general consensus being that he could easily have played and basically bottled it when it mattered most. For that reason I am out.

[quote user="drurys dodgy knee"]Agent_ITK: #Norwich hoping to sign Michael Owen for the coming season. #Football #NCFC #Canaries

ermmm[/quote]I''d rather sign Clive Owen.

[quote user="Jacko"]Lets be honest things could get tricky at times this season and our backs are likely to be against the wall at some point. In a similar situation at Newcastle he was found wanting. He was their captain and their main goal threat. In the final games he had a minor injury and felt he could only take a place on the bench. It left Shearer and a lot of Newcastle fans scratching their heads. The general consensus being that he could easily have played and basically bottled it when it mattered most. For that reason I am out.[/quote]

An excellent post! Lucid, well thought out and informative.

You may have hit the nail on the head as to why his career has gone sideways: he doesn''t have the guts and strength of character that he seemed to have when he was young. As a result, he is unwilling to push himself in any meaningful way and goes missing when needed- and when you consider that he is now apparently only capable of playing as an ''impact-sub'', not performing when the chips are down effectively renders him useless.

A lot of this is probably down to his long list of injuries, which is unfortunate and I sympathies. I also appreciate what he has done for England in past years. But it doesn''t change my belief that now he would be a liability for whoever it is that he should sign for.

Regardless, I have no doubt that this is a rubbish rumour anyway- I know for a fact that Hughton isn''t stupid.

Micahel Owen has been race horse owner first and part time footballer 2nd for at least 2 seasons now, unless he has strong connections with Newmarket, I can''t see him coming here and if he did it would have to be under the strictest of pay as you play deals??

Would Owen ever of been at Newcastle the same time as Chris Hughton? Just a thought

The romantic in me would LOVE to see Owen in a Norwich shirt.  But I doubt it would happen and Id hate to be paying that wage while he sits on a sick bed at Colney !

Last season Chris Hughton had a certain Kevin Phillips in his squad at Birmingham to add that vital piece of experience to the front line, and he did a fairly good job by all accounts so you just never know in football.

I can''t see Owen coming here for a few reasons though,age,wages,injuries etc...that said i always rated him as a younger player and the goals v Argentina and Germany for England will live long in the memory!!!!

[quote user="sjs7"]Last season Chris Hughton had a certain Kevin Phillips in his squad at Birmingham to add that vital piece of experience to the front line, and he did a fairly good job by all accounts so you just never know in football.

I can''t see Owen coming here for a few reasons though,age,wages,injuries etc...that said i always rated him as a younger player and the goals v Argentina and Germany for England will live long in the memory!!!![/quote]

Didn''t Phillips play for Blackpool last season?

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"][quote user="sjs7"]Last season Chris Hughton had a certain Kevin Phillips in his squad at Birmingham to add that vital piece of experience to the front line, and he did a fairly good job by all accounts so you just never know in football.

I can''t see Owen coming here for a few reasons though,age,wages,injuries etc...that said i always rated him as a younger player and the goals v Argentina and Germany for England will live long in the memory!!!![/quote]

Didn''t Phillips play for Blackpool last season?[/quote]

BOOOOM! CORRECT SIR!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"][quote user="sjs7"]Last season Chris Hughton had a certain Kevin Phillips in his squad at Birmingham to add that vital piece of experience to the front line, and he did a fairly good job by all accounts so you just never know in football.

Didn''t Phillips play for Blackpool last season?[/quote]

BOOOOM! CORRECT SIR!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Shite, your right, dam it, i remember watching the Play Off game between Blackpool and Brum aswell, oh well thats my tedious link gone "apologies" :)

[quote user="super canary"]He is coming, reliable source.[/quote]As no one else has asked, are you for real or taking the pee? what source said this? I for one think think this would be a big gamble, but one that could really pay off even if we got 3/4 of a season out of him,