Sign in to follow this  
Brentwood Yellow

Ayala to Forest

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]

Why not try adding your own view, rather than making false accusations and assumptions about people?
[/quote]

I stand by what i said about your identity.

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]The defence was not as poor last season as most make out. The amount of pressure our backline was put under by a midfield that was either far too lightweight or lacking in quality has been addressed to some extent by Hughton with the signings of Butterfield and Snodgrass.I was happy with the centre backs that we have at the club and would rather see a full back and a ball winning midfielder who has a bit of quality on the ball signed to complete our summer transfers.I trust Hughton and Lambert''s thoughts on the centre of our defence far more than the so called experts on this messageboard.

[/quote]Overall I thought the defending was ok - with the exception of 2 games we didn''t get slaughtered by anyone. The midfield -lightweight - yes, lacking in quality - no way ! Outside Johnson & Crofts who can be labelled as defensive midfielders, Lambert went for broke and mainly played attacking midfielders last season -and the quality was not lacking ! - they created a hatful of chances - many converted by the strikers and we outscored the opposition in games where we conceded goals. Lambert did use Howson & Johnson in deeper roles when playing a more conservative structure - but surely the midfield can''t be blamed for the individual errors made by defenders ! So how does the signing of Butterfield & Snodgrass have anything to do with who we play at CB ??? Unless you suggest we play Butterfield & Snodgrass at CB !

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]So Tilly, what do you think about our defence?[/quote]

I dont think there is enough Premiership quality in the defensive unit as a whole and it is an area that needs improving as in my opinion Ward and Barnett are both vunerable and coupled with the Alaya situation i hope Hughton has plans to sort it out.

[quote user="im spartacus"] Has anyone who rubished the original poster early on  had the decency to apologise ?[/quote]Apologise on here, you must be joking? Those who attacked Brentwood Yellow once proven wrong are happy to move on to their next target. It appears like those targets are Chris Hughton, Leon Barnett and Elliott Ward.

[quote user="The Ambassador"]What a load of bollocks[/quote]

wasn''t really was it? [:)]

Interesting! There''s no way Ayala would have gone out on loan for the season if Lambert was still here. He cost the club the best part of a million quid and has only played a handful of games. If he goes out for the season I think you can safely say that Hughton feels that was the best part of 1m wasted. I fully expected Ayala and Ryan Bennett to be Lambert''s first choice. These were the two young defenders we had invested in. For the first time Lambert''s ability to walk on water is being questioned in a big way. Is Ayala an expensive flop? Or will he come good? Let''s hope Ryan Bennett is the real deal.

[quote user="Thumbelina"][quote user="im spartacus"] Has anyone who rubished the original poster early on  had the decency to apologise ?[/quote]

Apologise on here, you must be joking?

Those who attacked Brentwood Yellow once proven wrong are happy to move on to their next target. It appears like those targets are Chris Hughton, Leon Barnett and Elliott Ward.

[/quote]

Strange that.. the OP was bang on the money and got roundly ridiculed oh well [:(]

[quote user="The Ambassador"]Where''s the proof?

Oops wait, none as usual!!![/quote]Apart from CH saying something along the lines of ''we''ll think about whether to let Ayala go on loan'' then yes absolutely NOTHING has been said....

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I remember the whinging and wrist sliting on here when Doherty was let go....[/quote]I still miss him! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="Thumbelina"][quote user="im spartacus"] Has anyone who rubished the original poster early on  had the decency to apologise ?[/quote]

Apologise on here, you must be joking?

Those who attacked Brentwood Yellow once proven wrong are happy to move on to their next target. It appears like those targets are Chris Hughton, Leon Barnett and Elliott Ward.

[/quote]

I just wonder how many identities you have on here Thumbelina ? [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I remember the whinging and wrist sliting on here when Doherty was let go....[/quote]

I still miss him! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]
[/quote]

I had to have counselling!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]So Tilly, what do you think about our defence?[/quote]

I dont think there is enough Premiership quality in the defensive unit as a whole and it is an area that needs improving as in my opinion Ward and Barnett are both vunerable and coupled with the Alaya situation i hope Hughton has plans to sort it out.

[/quote]Slagging our new manager off already... tut, tut, tut!

[quote user="Thumbelina"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Slagging our new manager off already... tut, tut, tut!
[/quote]

You really are ridiculous if you can construe that as slagging off our new manager.

For the record i am extremely pleased with the appointment of Hughton and am 100% behind him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thumbelina"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Slagging our new manager off already... tut, tut, tut![/quote]

You really are ridiculous if you can construe that as slagging off our new manager.

For the record i am extremely pleased with the appointment of Hughton and am 100% behind him.

[/quote]Yes, but you clearly do not rate some of the decisions Hughton is making. I''d rather trust Hughton''s judgement than yours and others on here.Now you have told us that you do not agree with Hughton''s analysis of our defensive options, perhaps you could focus on the things that you are pleased Mr Hughton has done since joining the club?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]If Ayhala goes to forest I''ll bare my bum in jarrolds window.......[/quote]Looking forwards to seeing that Mr Bernie Slaven!

[quote user="Thumbelina"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thumbelina"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Slagging our new manager off already... tut, tut, tut!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but you clearly do not rate some of the decisions Hughton is making. I''d rather trust Hughton''s judgement than yours and others on here.

Now you have told us that you do not agree with Hughton''s analysis of our defensive options, perhaps you could focus on the things that you are pleased Mr Hughton has done since joining the club?
[/quote]

What exactly is Hughtons analysis of our defensive options then as in preseason we have so far played R.Martin,Francomb,Whittaker,Ayala,Ward,Barnett,R Bennett,Tierney,Turner and Tierney across the back four.What analysis can be drawn from playing ten players fighting for four places ?

The situation regarding Ayala remains unclear and unless i am gauging this wrong on here virtually every poster will be mystified if he is allowed to leave.Barnett did not figure at all last season and in my humble opinion has a lot to do to show he is quality at Premiership level.As for Ward he appears to be the marmite of posters,some love him and others hate him.No doubt he has a footballing brain but far too many times he switches off and makes errors.

You refer to me not rating some of the decisions Hughton is making so maybe you could enlighten me as to what i have disagreed with unless of course you agree with Ayala maybe going and think that Ward and Barnett will cut the mustard next season.

I rate Ayala as a very good young prospect at the centre of our defence. I see him as likely to be our 4th choice CB at best this coming season and if Chris Hughton feels that a year on loan in the Championship will benefit Ayala then I will back that decision. Ward is likely to figure in a lot of games again and Barnett is not a bad 4th or 5th choice CB for a club of our standing. I would be happy to go in to the coming season with the CB options Hughton already has at the club, or alternatively him bringing in additional cover for Ayala if circumstances require that we should need to.I would much prefer to see some money spent on a full back if we are to strengthen our defensive options.It isn''t about what our fans think, it is about what our manager thinks and him being able to put out a team that will achieve good results.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

What exactly is Hughtons analysis of our defensive options then as in preseason we have so far played R.Martin,Francomb,Whittaker,Ayala,Ward,Barnett,R Bennett,Tierney,Turner and Tierney across the back four.What analysis can be drawn from playing ten players fighting for four places ?

[/quote]

Ooops i obviously mean Lappin and not Tierney x 2.[:$]

[quote user="Thumbelina"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]If Ayhala goes to forest I''ll bare my bum in jarrolds window.......[/quote]

Looking forwards to seeing that Mr Bernie Slaven!
[/quote]

Good old Bernie.  I remember when he did us in an FA Cup match at Ayresome park Smudger.............

" I see him as likely to be our 4th choice CB at best this coming season"This is why none of you are football managers.  Fourth choice???  He is one of three who could easily start every game.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]The defence was not as poor last season as most make out. The amount of pressure our backline was put under by a midfield that was either far too lightweight or lacking in quality has been addressed to some extent by Hughton with the signings of Butterfield and Snodgrass.

I was happy with the centre backs that we have at the club and would rather see a full back and a ball winning midfielder who has a bit of quality on the ball signed to complete our summer transfers.

I trust Hughton and Lambert''s thoughts on the centre of our defence far more than the so called experts on this messageboard.

[/quote]

Now then Smudger,I mean Green Jack oh sorry i mean Trawlerboy i see old habits die hard as in a roundabout way you are defending Ward who you rate highly and having a little dig at Hoolahan who you have never liked. [;)]

[/quote]

He may have 3 identities on here now but he doesn''t change his views [:)]

[quote user="kellybrook"]" I see him as likely to be our 4th choice CB at best this coming season"

This is why none of you are football managers.  Fourth choice???  He is one of three who could easily start every game.
[/quote]

Looks like he will be starting every game, for Forest. Best you get on the phone to Hughton and tell him it''s a good thing he isn''t a football manager also.

Until Ayala learns how to tackle he can''t perform in the Premier League - hopefully he''ll improve over the season with regular football at Forest. Still think he was a panic buy to cover injuries and suspensions.

[quote user="kellybrook"]" I see him as likely to be our 4th choice CB at best this coming season"This is why none of you are football managers.  Fourth choice???  He is one of three who could easily start every game.[/quote]

Lol, so we''re going to let one of our Starters go out on loan?

I think we can tell why you aren''t a football manager...

Seems to be taking a long time for Ayala to get to Forest, I can do it in 2 hours from here.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]Seems to be taking a long time for Ayala to get to Forest, I can do it in 2 hours from here.[:)][/quote]I trust you are mindful of the speed cameras or do you have pals in high places? [;)]