Sign in to follow this  
Brentwood Yellow

Ayala to Forest

Definitely should be kept as back-up. There are always injuries that we will need cover for so this does not make sense to me.  

[quote user="Hunter106"]Can''t understand this. I guess Hughton must have missed Ward''s masterclass in defending against Liverpool at home.[/quote]

Just...really??

I mean Elliott Ward was given the run around by a £20m forward on red hot form, playing for a massive club. A player who plays for one of the best international teams around at the moment and has scored goals at the World Cup.

What Hughton will look to is that Elliott Ward''s good games for Norwich far outweigh his bad games. The criticism he gets from people like you is just ridiculous.

Do Sir Alex and the Utd fans want rid of Vidic because he used to get murdered by Fernando Torres? No, course not. Most of the time he is much better than that.

Very surprised with this one. Houghton must be concerned about his fitness. If he goes albeit on loan then we will be down to 4 CB including Barnett which is a worry. To be fair i suspect he will be bringing in other defenders and we know martin plays well at CB

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

Sorry Che I dont understand.

How do you sell players under contract if there is no demand?

Also, NCFC pay Chris Hughton to judge these players and put the best 11 on the pitch to win games for us. He must believe he can build a better defensive unit without Ayal if these rumours are to be believed.

We all have opinions on who is good/bad etc, but I dont understand how you can just sell players, also they have to want to go.......

well either you accept the loss and let go for free to gain another space in the team and free up wages and btw if he joins another team on a free then you don''t have to pay up his contract or you loan the player out asking the other team just to cover his wages

[/quote]

The loan deal makes sense, giving a young player regular football, but only if:

either a new CB brought in (there would be questions against CH''s judgement otherwise.)

or a new FB, to allow Martin to be in the CB squad. We must have at least four CBs available.

What the deal does do, with Crofts''s departure, is to take two names off the 25, or is Ayala off by virtue of his age? The logic surely has to be that there will be some defence building, where despite a couple of clean sheets pre-season. Surely we can expect a signing or two now?

Christophe Berra is being sold by wolves may be we are in for him ?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7959780/Berra-to-leave-Wolves

Whilst I respect your opinion, you seem to be misunderstanding me.

A club must first be interested in the player. If you release you have to negotiate the remainder of the contract, so you do not free up the wages as you have to pay the contract.

If he joins another team on a free, it is because you have agreed based on negotiating the remainder of his contract, again, the club loses money. You can loan him, but again, a club has to be interested and the player must want to go.

I''m not saying we cant do any of these, merely pointing out that you cant just say Barnett you are free, clear off, Lappin you are going on loan to Crewe tomorrow, see ya...... and oh by the way, we dont want you back..

Salopian, said in my earlier post that would seem the logic to me.

Whilst tw clean sheets, Hughton may not be set on the current defensive options so will clear the deck. Most people believe there is a big chunk of the nudget still available so maybe we will sign 2/3 defenders, defensive midfielder of a high value.

Will be fun watching it pan out, but I think we are seeing Hughton addressing last season achilles heel.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Hunter106"]Can''t understand this. I guess Hughton must have missed Ward''s masterclass in defending against Liverpool at home.[/quote]

Just...really??

I mean Elliott Ward was given the run around by a £20m forward on red hot form, playing for a massive club. A player who plays for one of the best international teams around at the moment and has scored goals at the World Cup.

What Hughton will look to is that Elliott Ward''s good games for Norwich far outweigh his bad games. The criticism he gets from people like you is just ridiculous.

Do Sir Alex and the Utd fans want rid of Vidic because he used to get murdered by Fernando Torres? No, course not. Most of the time he is much better than that.

[/quote]

Elliot Ward is not a Premiership player, or at least one of quality that will help us progress forward. That is just my opinion, which from what I have seen on the pitch can be justified by his performances, in particular the one against Liverpool seemed to encompass everything that he does wrong (caught out on the ball, suicidal passes, hesitant defending). All of those things are stuff that we as a club need to progress on, as we already know, you cant give £20million strikers these sort of opportunities.

Would be a bit silly to sell a defender, especially someone like Ayala who I think is a great defender. Ward has made a few mistakes, but I don''t think he is bad.

So we''re keeping Ward and letting Ayala who''s much better leave, what a strange decision.

I can only think that CH hadn''t paid specsavers a visit before he sat down and watched the dvds of last season [:@]

Looks like Ward is winning the race to become next seasons whipping boy then ?. Quite strange that Lambert and now Hughton both rate him ? But then again of course I forgot Lambert was a c***p manager lol

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Looks like Ward is winning the race to become next seasons whipping boy then ?. Quite strange that Lambert and now Hughton both rate him ? But then again of course I forgot Lambert was a c***p manager lol[/quote]

He''s not next season''s whipping boy as far as I''m concerned but can you honestly say he doesnt make you nervous and that you think he''s good enough for the Premiership?

I personally think Aylala is much better on what Ive seen.

To be honest this seems like a good idea, provided that it is the precursor for a better player being brought in.

We have Turner, Ward and Bennet who would seem to all be in the managers plans for this year based on friendlies and transfer dealings (Jury is maybe still out on Barnett but as potentially 5th choice CB, are people really that bothered if he is still here?) so if someone else came in , say we were to sign Curtis Davis, Ayala would be getting little game time. At 21 a years loan to a Championship Club after an injury hit season could be just what he needs to push his career on.

However if we don''t get another CB I would be a little perplexed why we would do this.

All you can say is if Forest (with their new owners and cash) are offering a good deal for a season long loan and we have a more than adequate replacement, then it''s good for Norwich city!

If he comes back a better player then we will either benefit by having a more experienced defender or his value will have increased!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Curtis Davies must be on his way.[/quote]

Maybe, although if that was the plan, wouldn''t Ayala be offered as a part-exchange loan deal to sweeten Brum not Forest?

I''ve never been quite sure of the love-in for Ayala, he does seem a decent enough player but in the end only played 10 times for us last season and my abiding memory was that he was rather a yellow-card magnet. As it stands you would say he was probably 4th choice, so loaning him out to bring him on whilst getting in a higher-choice replacement seems ok to me...so long as that replacement does arrive.

I like Ayala and hope this isnt permanent being more about getting greater experience, but i wonder if Hughton has thought we cant afford to play two young centre backs in him and Bennett so has made a choice about which one he keeps.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Curtis Davies must be on his way.[/quote]

Maybe, although if that was the plan, wouldn''t Ayala be offered as a part-exchange loan deal to sweeten Brum not Forest?

[/quote]Brum might need the money.

Not happy about this. Whitbread and Ayala our best defensive pairing last season - both either gone or going.

I''ve got to say, it''s scary how quickly good news (Whittaker, Butterfield, Turner, Snodgrass) can start to pale. Sure, we have strengthened a bit but our defence is leaving! Our defence is the part we desperately need to overhaul... I can only hope that this means people are coming in, and not just out so we save for January... because by Jan, it''ll be too late!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

Regardless of the credence of the rumour, if you take it as any sort of possibility-Ayala out with Ward and Barnett staying and the other possibility of Vaughan out with Martin staying-its a bit odd to say the least.

[/quote]

Not that odd really - someone has to want to take the player rather than just Norwich wanting to sell. If no other teams want Barnett or Martin then Norwich can''t really sell them.

Also, Ward has been getting more pre-season minutes at CB than any other of our defenders (I think) suggests to me that like Lambert, Hughton can see that Ward is actually a good CB rather than the witch hunt many of the fans have against him. I expect Turner+Ward to be the starting pairing against Fulham.

[/quote]Very well said! [Y]

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Cityangel, to be fair this time last year we were all creaming over De Leat and we know how that turned out![/quote]...and prior to that it was Barnett lol!

So Brentwood yellow was right then? Just to clear that up.

May be good for Ayala to get some experience if it is on loan. I feel he''s a good prospect but probably behind ward and bennett at the moment, who will probably be our first choice centre backs. Possibly ward and turner depending on how turner comes through pre season.