Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Hull Vs Norwich - Thread

Haha some of the negativity on here is brilliant, we lost to Palace last year and followed it up with a 0-0 draw at Southend, those results of course reflected our season........

We won''t know how good Hughton is or the squad he has tweaked with until we see it play for real for at least a dozen games. Remember our third game last year was a 4-0 home thrashing by MKdons. Then come back and tell us all you told us so, but don''t base your opinion on pre season its meaningless.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Well- I hope that Hughton isn''t going to be the manager I feared he might be... but it''s looking like he might be so far.[/quote]

Ditto, he won''t last long if he is.

[/quote]Oh just f*** off Wiz. NOBODY can judge how a season will turn out from a few pre season games.Man City lost at  Oldham. Are you understanding me?Stop with the hand wringing and get behind the sodding team.

I went to the game tonight

We bossed it. Back four were solid. Turner and r.Bennett had an understanding.

Howson a quiet game sat in front of back 4. had an understanding. Howson a quiet game sat in front of back 4. Johnson beside him.

e. Bennett and pilks look our best players with all the creativity , both lively. Snodgrass in the hole behind Holt. Snodgrass looked good going forward but was really slow esp when we were out of possession?,

Holt done ok but a bit off the pace for him. In all we look very solid but I prefer 2 up top with more movement up top

. We made a load of subs on 70 mins. Morrison up top with Vaughan, c.martin on the left , Jackson right. But we looked disjointed then . Suppose just topping up on fitness.

Only a friendly and hard to judge but I think turner is gonna be a major player for us next season.

Suprised no Wes , not even on the bench. Not fair to judge snoddy on one friendly but judging on that he is nowhere near as good as Wes playing off the striker.

Fans .. well awful support all around. Esp hull for the home team. Reckon we took about 250 fans at a guess.

I think the main concern everyone had last season was the sheer volume of goals we were leaking. We have now conceded just 1 goal in the last 450 minutes of football we have played. Surely that has to be a major positive. For people to be criticising the manager and asking whether he is the right man for the job on the basis of a pre season which has contained only 1 defeat is disgusting and embarrassing.

Now I remember why I rarely post on this site. On the Not606 forum they''re constantly slagging off the pinkun forum for all it''s doom mongers and they''re right. I honestly can''t believe people are berating Hughton already.

[quote user="Jacko"]I think the main concern everyone had last season was the sheer volume of goals we were leaking. We have now conceded just 1 goal in the last 450 minutes of football we have played. Surely that has to be a major positive. For people to be criticising the manager and asking whether he is the right man for the job on the basis of a pre season which has contained only 1 defeat is disgusting and embarrassing.[/quote]With Whittaker out injured its the same defence as last season plus Turner , has he really made that much difference ?or has Hughton coached Lamberts leaky back line into a tight ship ? maybe its just Mk Dons and Hull in pre season friendlies are not comparable to Premier League opposition. Lets wait and judge any improvements or not when the real action gets underway .With a little over a week to go to kick off i would like to see the team strengthened with a little of this record transfer budget , they do say a Manager will always spend whats available to him , so far only Snodgrass has the feel of a top signing , is it too much to ask for a Naughton , a half tidy striker and maybe an upcoming talent like Pacheco . As for Hughton only Wiz has had a real dig but very soon now he will be judged on results and if he plays one up top in home matches i can see him losing more friends than he gains .

Morison''s Prozac said]Now I remember why I rarely post on this site. On the Not606 forum they''re constantly slagging off the pinkun forum for all it''s doom mongers and they''re right. I honestly can''t believe people are berating Hughton already.

It''s WAR!!!! Seriously tho it''s a friendly some of you Norwich lads need to calm down the manager is experimenting. Let him do it if he didn''t he wouldn''t know his options.

Now, I''m not the one for being negative...and I don''t agree with some of the posts suggesting CH has lost the plot already... but I''m very worried after this...

FFS where are our goals going to come from??? That''s what''s going through my mind now.

We''ve only played 1 decent side yet, AJAX and we''ve got one coming up in Moenchengladbach, that game will give more of an idea...

Keeping clean sheets and not scoring will get us 38 points. It won''t be pretty to watch but could be enough to keep us up.

It''s actually a very good thing Hughton has come in and altered the way we play. I maintain that under Lambert we would''ve struggled this season as teams would''ve had us figured out.

Hughton''s defensive work so far has been first class for me and we''ll be a totally different animal this time around. I fancy us to comfortably stay up again but through the use of very different tactics.

I''m loathed to say we''ll be like a fourth promoted team as last season gave us the nous. But in effect we would''ve regained an element of suprise. Roll on the 18th.

Oh no... We drew a meaningless friendly playing new faces in a new formation, despite playing well and learning lots in the process.

We will be league 2 in 10 years.... Mark my words....

Some of you know absolutely nothing about football...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Now, I''m not the one for being negative...and I don''t agree with some of the posts suggesting CH has lost the plot already... but I''m very worried after this... FFS where are our goals going to come from??? That''s what''s going through my mind now. We''ve only played 1 decent side yet, AJAX and we''ve got one coming up in Moenchengladbach, that game will give more of an idea...[/quote]

we havn''t sold our two top strikers (holt and morro) so i don''t understand your statement