Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Hull Vs Norwich - Thread

Thought I''d put this thread up in anticipation of the game.

Predictions? Line up predictions? Anything like that! I hope he fields Barnett and Ward and we keep a clean sheet personally. Looking forward to it, as always!

Depending on our formation:

4-5-1 : 1-0 City

4-4-2 : 2-0 City

4-1-2-1-2 : 2-0 City

Has Hughton empolyed 4-1-2-1-2 at all this pre-season for that matter? So far, I''m not a massive fan of 4-5-1

I know it probably wont happen but I would actually like to see Holt and Morison start up front. I''m not really sure why they hardly ever play together, neither are all out bruiser strikers who just react to balls being pinged up field to them. They both have good feet, morison is no slouch (holt not far behind in pace), they can both run the channels and both cross. When I have seen them play together last year they seemed to work well so during pre season would be a perfect time to test it out but every game one seems to be asked to be the big striker and gets replaced by the other.

That''s a fair point, actually. They are good strike partners and have a lot of potential. Holt isn''t a massive brute to shoulder past the defence, but he can do that and Morison could easily be someone that slips in behind while the defence is all eyes on Holt.

I don''t think the style of football we play differentiates them too much. Morison definitely prefers a long ball to land on his noggin'' and Holt I think likes it played along the ground. However, they both can do that... maybe the similarities are too much and that''s the reason?

/end ramble

To be fair the only game I can remember them starting together was Sunderland away and that was a worse performance than the Liverpool home game imo. Not a great advert for the partnership! but I don''t think they were to blame for what went wrong that night, really woeful team performance. When Morrison came on as a sub in games I thought they did well together.

Oosh, I was at that game. Wasn''t great, eh? :P

I think today could be a perfect oppurtunity to see if they do work well together. Then again, I''d want to start Vaughan again. By pushing the lad in preseason I think we could get an idea of whether his fitness will last. Damn, glad I don''t have to make these decisions haha!

I hope to see us making a attacking play against Hull though, while actually taking our chances.

4-5-1 away from home for me. Yes I know its a championship side and a friendly match aswell but think this is how Hughton will set up away from home in the league this season.

That formation can still be very attacking with a midfield of Pilkington, Howson, Hoolahan/Butterfield, Snodgrass/Bennet and Johnson playing as the holding midfielder.

Take your pick as to who plays upfront but Holty obviously first choice.

@NorwichCityFC: #NCFC team to face Hull City - Ruddy, R. Martin, R. Bennett, Turner, Tierney, E. Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Snodgrass, Holt

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC

#NCFC subs - Rudd, Morison, Vaughan, Jackson, Surman, C. Martin, Lappin, Barnett, Francomb

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC

#NCFC team to face Hull City - Ruddy, R. Martin, R. Bennett, Turner, Tierney, E. Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Snodgrass, Holt

4-5-1 it is!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]@NorwichCityFC: #NCFC team to face Hull City - Ruddy, R. Martin, R. Bennett, Turner, Tierney, E. Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Snodgrass, Holt[/quote]
I like the sound of that line up.

4-2-3-1 Then. That''s pretty close to how I''d expect us to line up against Fulham, barring any additions, but Wes would be involved obviously, hope it''s just a knock...

Oooh I do like the look of that team, looks very solid and attacking at the same time...........well on paper anyway probably get stuffed now I''ve said that.

It looks like Lappin is stepping into the LB sub shoes again. Francomb, we''ll see. Barnett... competent.

I hope this doesn''t mean Hughton is happy down that end. D:

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]NCFC suggest a 4-4-1-1 with Snoddy playing off Holt.[/quote]Yep that could work Mr Brownstone for sure, gawd I can''t wait for the season to start.

Ruddy,

R. Martin, R. Bennett, Turner, Tierney,

Howson, Johnson,

E. Bennett, Snodgrass, Pilkington

Holt

This looks like our strongest starting 11, unless we sign anyone better.

Ward & Wes missing looks ominous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_humberside

Listening to the game here, I''m pretty sure this is allowed... right? ;]

Like the look of this line up a lot! Not bothered on the scoreline tonight just hope they relax and play free flowing football! Clean sheet would be nice get people stop moaning at Hughton for letting longhead go on loan to forest!

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]Ruddy, R. Martin, R. Bennett, Turner, Tierney, Howson, Johnson, E. Bennett, Snodgrass, Pilkington Holt This looks like our strongest starting 11, unless we sign anyone better. Ward & Wes missing looks ominous.[/quote]

Think from what the EDP journo said on twitter its more like

Ruddy,

R. Martin, R. Bennett, Turner, Tierney, 

E. Bennett,Howson, Johnson,  Pilkington

Snodgrass,

Holt

Some closes chances already, Snodgrass not meeting a couple of balls from Holt and Howson. Looking like he might notch himself onto the score sheet if this keeps up! :D

Holt headed a ball over from a Snodgrass cross as well.

Wes ain''t goin'' anywhere! He''s merely an absence from one preseason game :P Let''s not jump any sharks or guns, guys lol

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Sounds like we''re dominating thus far.

Anyone heard anything on Wesley''s abscence?[/quote]Not a peep but pre season and the transfer window make me very paranoid every year.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Sounds like we''re dominating thus far. Anyone heard anything on Wesley''s abscence?[/quote]

Paddy Davitt ( EDP) ‏ said he will ask CH re Wes in the post match interview.

Wonder whether the season coming we may get a lot of 0-0s and 1-0s? Just worrying as ever that we will go 451 and lack firepower. Maybe change in second half with 442?

its looking more like 4-5-1 is the way Hughton will go?, if we start with this on Saturday it will pretty much confirm it also considering the midfielders we have to come into this formation, Hoolahan,Butterfield,Fox and Surman it would seen even more likely.

Humber Radio saying Norwich look comfortable, classy, & controlling the game.

This is our best 11 though, although it''s not all about games at this stage of the season.

I think every team we''ve played in pre season have been back in training a week or 2 ahead of us.