Sign in to follow this  
AJ

When/why did you join the pink'un?

Looked on the forums for a couple years before but joined in 2006, when i would have been about 14 years old, so lot''s of wrong opinions and...well basically like Mr Chops i thought i could talk about my penis on here.

Many reasons abound for my joining the forum.

1. I like to give an opposing point of view if I disagree with the popular sentiment. ie global warming

2. I always get answers to questions I have about terms, rules, meanings and so on that I as a foreigner don''t understand.ie "nutmeg"

3. I love the British sense of humor and often acknowledge it when it cracks me up. ie Chops comment above!

4. I think I''m pretty funny and enjoy adding a bit of humor to my posts and see if anyone responds. That always is rewarding.

5. I''ve been a fan since 1972 but apart from when I visit family there, I don''t have direct access to news or opinions on the team.

6. I enjoy chiming in on already intense debates such as those involving (I forget his name, but he worked for a copier business I think).He was usually the one being attacked, he defended himself very well, and I liked lending him support.

7. Arthur Whittle cracks me up! Don''t know where he went, but he was a riot!

8. I like to point out misconceptions even if it ends up in me being attacked. ie Americans are fat stupid and lazy. We''re also driving around on Mars right now and doing quite well at the Olympics again.

9. I like getting fans point of views on various team and league matters. ie Ricardo''s game reports and his cat''s pregame analysis

10. I love Norwich, not just the team.

So I joined about 5 years ago. 

I was born within sight of the ground (Stacey Rd.?)

My father was a total supporter and took me to my first game (aged 9) and it was Spurs reserves. I spent the next few years either standing on a box at the River End or being passed over the heads of supporters to the front. It was the Gordon Bolland and Bunny Larkin days.

A long time away from the "Fine City", the internet is wonderful for exiles like me, including the Pink Forum.

The icing on the cake? Streams and Sky''s Big Match.

On the ball etc.

I''ve been a City fan all my life, born in Thorpe in 1957 my family emigrated to Australia in 1970 but my support remained the same.As a kid in the 60''s I often stayed with my grandparents down The Avenues and will always remember the excitement of waiting to hear The Pink''un come through their letterbox. After we moved to Australia my grandparents would send me copies of The Pink''un and other newspaper clippings about City. I have been reading pink''un online I guess since it started, for a City fanatic living 12,000 miles away it''s one of lifes necessities.....like beer.

Few years back. I moved to London and needed a buddy to go to games with, as I knew no other Norwich fans. Met Willmeister, who has since invited me to join him at the best gig i''ve ever been to, and we go football now and again too.

#feelthelovepeople

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I saw the name of the website and thought it was somewhere I could talk about my penis.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, Why?, whats wrong with your penis?

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I saw the name of the website and thought it was somewhere I could talk about my penis.

[/quote]

Out of curiosity, Why?, whats wrong with your penis?

[/quote]

Maybe it''s pink..........................[:O]

[quote user="hogesar"]Looked on the forums for a couple years before but joined in 2006, when i would have been about 14 years old, so lot''s of wrong opinions and...well basically like Mr Chops i thought i could talk about my penis on here.
[/quote]

Well, there are enough penises on here for you to compare yourselves with!

I had got into following the main site when we were in the Prem as a news source.  After relegation I joined this board to get the news on new signings at such a pivotal time and stayed on.  I check in every day but only post when I find something challenging my views.

Despite having been on here for some six years there are many things that I don''t understand including:

• Why some posters are so angry and why some are so angry all the time?
  • Why some posters are so aggressive with anyone they disagree with?
  • Have some posters missed school? Is it possible to go through 12 years of British education and end up with that level of literacy?
  • Have some posters missed school? Is it possible to go through 12 years of British education and end up with that inability to think and actually reach a conclusion that matches some of the known facts?   Or to know the difference between a fact and an opinion?
  • Why some posters attack rumours when they know that if the rumour proves to be true then they will look like idiots?
  • Why having been made to look like idiots they do not have the courage or grace to apologise?
  • Why having looked like idiots and not having had the courage or grace to apologise they then attack further rumours?
  • Why Worthy is given such an easy ride on this Board?
  • Why I keep coming back?  No, I get that one.  For all its faults, this is still a City page dedicated to the club I love and the decent, sensible, pleasant posters with whom it is a joy to engage and debate still outnumber the trolls, the rude and the ignorant.,