Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

CHEESEBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Patches OHoolahan"]Whatever happened to the guy who used to shout this regularly in the River end? He used to enliven the largely dead atmosphere of the N&P...[/quote]He even had a cheese wedge hat didn''t he.  It was quite amusing as it goes.

I wish everybody would stop moaning about the River End. It''s a family area of course it''s not going to be a rough and tumble, noisy chest thumping atmosphere.

Here here. I stood (then Sat) in the Barclay for 20 years man and boy.

Been in the river end for about 10 years. Quite happy thanks good people good view good atmosphere.

also quality of songs have gone of the boil in the last decade or so from the Barclay.

I think Cheeseboard started his own brewery didn''t he?. I''m sure David McNally will be able to fill you in further though... ;)

The Olympic venues are also family filled and are still arguably manage a fair bit of noise and excitement when called for. In any case I''d query how much moaning is actually going on above- you''ve got to admit that the river & city are typically dead, atmosphere-wise, even if you prefer it that way.

As curious and self-sabotaging as I find it, I do appreciate from observation that many folk do prefer to pay to to sit in silence at the football, regardless of their age and filial status. It could be different on occasion in my day though, when us kids for a quid got into that end!

Cheeseboard, that''s a bit odd too isn''t it!

[quote user="GenerationA47"]The Olympic venues are also family filled and are still arguably manage a fair bit of noise and excitement when called for. ![/quote]

From what I heard on TV, there was barely any noise. Not to mention that there are many more thousands in the stadiums than just one stand at Carrow Road. Not to mention foreign teams might be louder due to the way they ''do it''.

True, ambassador - having been at Wembley for a GB game, it was very hush-hush. I meant the athletics, velodrome, etc. but it is funny how the Olympic footie was so different, crowd-wise.