Sign in to follow this  
Le Bob

Kris Renton ?

Was talking to mate of mine today about the youngest player for Norwich which I said was Jarvis but then he reminded me it was Kris Renton.

What ever happened to him? Never heard anything else about him after he left? Slipped into lower leagues like the majority of our ex academy players I guess?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

He plays for Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic, Champions of the Scottish Junior Football East Region Super League...

[/quote]I thought that was a joke until I wikied it..

Surprise surprise Peter Grant was the NCFC manager who picked him for the senior team... this guy literally had no idea!

Far be it for me to stick up for Peter Grant. The man replaced Earnie with Cureton and Etuhu with Russell yet managed to find 1m for a goalkeeper! However Kris Renton showed great promise and many big clubs were scouting him including Manchester United I believe. Kris suffered a broken leg playing for the under 18''s after he''d made his debut but he was still offered a professional contract the next season. But he didn''t realise his potential after that injury and ended up playing his football at a much lower level back in Scotland. Who can say what might have been.......

I can! I love moanin''[;)]

Cureton was a player we should have known everything about. He wasn''t a youngster with room for improvement. He was a good honest lower league player who has achieved loads in the game and we can be proud of our clubs involvement during his early years. However, a 4 year contract on top money after paying nearly 1m is a sink or swim signing for a manager in the last year of parachute payments. And Granty sunk.