Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

I would be "gutted"...

If So''ton or Vile get their hands on Naugton and we don''t ... (see Daily Mail...) Now that would be something I would very frustrated about!!! What do you think?

We have 2 senior RB''s in Martin and Whittaker, and we also have Georgie Francomb coming through. I don''t know what sort of figure the Mail are quoting (they''ve probably made it up anyway) but I''d guess it will be £4m+ and frankly it would be mental to spend that (which would be a club record transfer) on a position we already have covered.

Get your point Mr B , but he could fill in at LB aswell and he was great for us last season, you can''t deny. I agree we shouldn''t pay that money for him...but if we have to splash out once I wouldn''t mind it being on him!

Whoever get Naughton he will be a great financial investment. He is young and versatile abd can play LB and RB. Despite who we have at the club he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet. We have transfer funds and have not spent a great deal i would see a price up to about £5m as well worth taking. I agree it would be a great blow to see him go to Villa who despite the lambert magic will probably be in the lower mid table relegation mix

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

We have 2 senior RB''s in Martin and Whittaker, and we also have Georgie Francomb coming through. I don''t know what sort of figure the Mail are quoting (they''ve probably made it up anyway) but I''d guess it will be £4m+ and frankly it would be mental to spend that (which would be a club record transfer) on a position we already have covered.

but naughtons better than them, and we still need cover in the lb position

[/quote]

"but naughtons better than them, and we still need cover in the lb position"

Naughton might well be better than them, but we don''t have pots of money and we are limited to 25 players! Cafu has just signed a new contract and Whittaker has only just signed so they aren''t going anywhere, spending a club record fee on a postion where we are so well covered would be nuts!

He would have been one of my main targets this season as you could tell last season what a star he will become.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]Martin wasn''t very good at right-back last season, but was a lot better as a central defender. Whittaker isn''t even renown for great defending in the SPL. Framcombe has very little experience of first-team football even in Leagues 1 & 2.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

Martin wasn''t very good at right-back last season, but was a lot better as a central defender. Whittaker isn''t even renown for great defending in the SPL.

[/quote]

In your opinion. The Club would evidentally disagree.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]Martin wasn''t very good at right-back last season, but was a lot better as a central defender. Whittaker isn''t even renown for great defending in the SPL. Framcombe has very little experience of first-team football even in Leagues 1 & 2.[/quote]

But didn''t every player who has ever played the game start off like Francomb, i.e. with absolutely zero experience? NCFC have''nt brought through one of our own youth players to become an established first teamer (certainly at this level) since Shackell and Green. We have to get away from this short sighted policy of spend, spend, spend.

What if Naughton saw it as a nice loan year and has zero intention of comming back to Norwich ?That one ever cross peoples minds ? lol