Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Hughton "not looking for new forward"

[quote user="Hog"]What the hell has Stephen Fry got to do with the thread title! I despair sometimes....[/quote]

Your mate City 1st first brought him up......and mind the language please Hog, kids use this site to you know.

[quote user="Hog"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]

Wiz, I do not always take to Stephen Fry as I find him smug and self satisfied at times and dismissive of other viewpoints. But what you write is simply dreadful. Do you not believe in forgiveness or looking for the best in others?

The conviction was from years ago when he was a young man. Have you never made mistakes?

Perhaps you need to remove the log from your own eye before taking the speck from anothers...

Here endeth the sermon

[/quote]

No I haven''t DCB, nor has thousands of City fans either, our collective nose''s are clean!

Mr Fry does not pass the ''fit and proper'' test as a director in my eyes, were he a scum director, most on here would share my viewpoint.

It is not, as has been claimed, because he is gay, and I resent the slur on my name that was behind my thinking.

[/quote]

prat

[/quote]

Ah, a reply from the gutter.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]

Wiz, I do not always take to Stephen Fry as I find him smug and self satisfied at times and dismissive of other viewpoints. But what you write is simply dreadful. Do you not believe in forgiveness or looking for the best in others?

The conviction was from years ago when he was a young man. Have you never made mistakes?

Perhaps you need to remove the log from your own eye before taking the speck from anothers...

Here endeth the sermon

[/quote]

No I haven''t DCB, nor has thousands of City fans either, our collective nose''s are clean!

Mr Fry does not pass the ''fit and proper'' test as a director in my eyes, were he a scum director, most on here would share my viewpoint.

It is not, as has been claimed, because he is gay, and I resent the slur on my name that was behind my thinking.

[/quote]

I normally try to avoid these inane squabbles but this stuck in my throat a little; I seem to remember you posting how you believe homosexuality should still be illegal a while back. The post was of course deleted so unfortunately I can''t link to it. I do wonder if that is the real ''crime'' you dislike Fry for.

Not that your opinion matters on this topic anyway - despite Mr Fry''s past mistake he has almost certainly contributed more to society than you ever have. Don''t be so bitter.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]

Here endeth the sermon

[/quote]

[/quote]

I normally try to avoid these inane squabbles but this stuck in my throat a little; I seem to remember you posting how you believe homosexuality should still be illegal a while back. The post was of course deleted so unfortunately I can''t link to it. I do wonder if that is the real ''crime'' you dislike Fry for.

Not that your opinion matters on this topic anyway - despite Mr Fry''s past mistake he has almost certainly contributed more to society than you ever have. Don''t be so bitter.

[/quote]

I didn''t know of his conviction but IMO fraud is minor compared to violent crime and everybody bar a few deserves a second chance. I commend him on turning his life around.   

Not Interested in what Mr Fry has or hasnt done other than supporting NCFC, Wiz get a life but regarding the striker situation...

I would agree in general that our players are improving in most areas , except up front.

Hopefully Holt will be reliable as ever.

Morison has been severely of the boil since Christmas.

Jackson has worked hard but never really threatened to deliver goals.

Vaughan has had a full season out injured

Martin was surplus to requirement last year, whats changed ?

Wilbo has gone (sadly)

Can anybody honestly say that if they had known the above they would have been happy going into the season last year ?

We obviously hope to further increase the goals scored from midfield by Pilks , Benno and Snoddy but I really dont see that we are strong enough up front.

[quote user="Hog"]Good, back to the original topic at last![/quote]

Is now a good time to remind everyone that CH never said he was "not looking for new forward", the quotes were made up by the original poster.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]

Here endeth the sermon

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have idea what I''ve contributed to City in my life.......no idea whatsoever

"I would agree in general that our players are improving in most areas , except up front."

I disagree with that! Our back line has not improved! Whittaker for Naughton and Turner for Ayala and Whitbread!

As for our front line, it must be said that it has improved, we now have two strikers in Morison and Holt with a premiership season under ther belt, that must improve them and Vaughan is fit, looking sharp!

What some class as silly 6 million on Rhodes, I don''t woudl have been worth that should he prove to score goals in this league! If not still young and would develop.

Who is out there that we can afford and will improve on Holt, Morison and Vaughan!

He said society Wiz, and are you really going to try and claim you''ve done more than Fry?

And Wiz, you still keep being far too pessimistic, I''m not saying you need to be LDC optimistic, but you could at least try giving things a try. I know you''ve been a supporter for a long time, but this stil must be one of the best eras in the clubs history, Hughton is going to continue that. Until it all goes pear shaped, there is no reason to think it will?

[quote user="Indy"]

"I would agree in general that our players are improving in most areas , except up front."

I disagree with that! Our back line has not improved! Whittaker for Naughton and Turner for Ayala and Whitbread!

As for our front line, it must be said that it has improved, we now have two strikers in Morison and Holt with a premiership season under ther belt, that must improve them and Vaughan is fit, looking sharp!

What some class as silly 6 million on Rhodes, I don''t woudl have been worth that should he prove to score goals in this league! If not still young and would develop.

Who is out there that we can afford and will improve on Holt, Morison and Vaughan!

[/quote]

I totally agree Indy, but I don''t think the cash is there for one big maquee signing like Rhodes...sadly.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He said society Wiz, and are you really going to try and claim you''ve done more than Fry? And Wiz, you still keep being far too pessimistic, I''m not saying you need to be LDC optimistic, but you could at least try giving things a try. I know you''ve been a supporter for a long time, but this stil must be one of the best eras in the clubs history, Hughton is going to continue that. Until it all goes pear shaped, there is no reason to think it will?[/quote]

IF GP, and it is only an if at the mo, Holt, or anyone else come to that, will struggle up front on his own this season.

Is now a good time to remind everyone that CH never said he was "not looking for new forward", the quotes were made up by the original poster.

I only made the original post because I thought it may be of interest.  Hughton''s comments certainly surprised me.  But I didn''t expect 3,500 views and a slagging match totally unrelated to the original post.  Some of you have tried to be reasonable but others have been very unpleasant.  Why are you so angry?  We have a wonderful football club to support so for God''s sake grow up and try to remember that we''re all on the same side.  Rant over.  Sorry.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]He does seem to be hinting at that in the Snodgrass secret weapon article where he says we have plenty of strikers . I cannot see him adding anyone now unless its in panic after a game or two .