Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Hughton "not looking for new forward"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Well, this is what he''s actually quoted as saying :

"We''ve got a lot of forwards, a lot of strikers, but possibly there are areas where if had one or two injuries, then we''d be struggling a little bit," 

"It''s an ongoing process and if we''re able to strengthen, great, but if not, we''ve got a group of lads here that have fared very well at this club."

[/quote]

Quite. At no point does he say he isn''t looking for a new striker, and that quote about injuries and an ongoing process suggest he is, even if he has other priorities. He is hardly going to come out in the wake of a 0-0 draw and slag off his strikers publicly, but there is enough in his quotes ("An area we''d like to improve on over this pre-season period is our goals tally. We looked very solid as a unit, got into some good areas but it would have been nice to see a couple of goals. It''s perhaps just being a little bit more decisive, making that clinical pass, and being a little bit more greedy in front of goal.") to indicate he isn''t convinced by what he has got. To say that the strikers we have aren''t decisive is as strong a criticsm as you can make. An indecisive striker is effectively a contradiction in terms.

[/quote]

Couldn''t have put it better myself, Perhaps Wiz should wind the clock back to when Roeder demolished the squad and we were short of 8 players at one point Has Delia said If we can field a full team we''ll give it a go, Wiz do the world a favour and stand on that bit of Metal that stands just off Denmark road  

We were the 7th highest scorers in the league last year, falling behind only the big guns in the league, we have since lost Wilbraham and Whitbread, but added Snodgrass (the highest assist maker in the championship last year), Butterfield and Turner, all who have goals in them and a lot of creative spark. Why suddenly 2 months on are we going to struggle for goals because we haven''t scored too many in our pre season FRIENDLY matches? A lot of you lot need to get a grip and enjoy the ride. And no Holt hasn''t put weight on, the guy has spent all summer training and eating healthily, he has said himself he feels great, he has always looked big but thats just his physique, he is ripped as anything, and have you guys tried on the new shirts yet????? Figure hugging

I think we should forget about last year, means nothing now, we do need to strengthen and decent money needs to be spent. All very well aiming to be debt free but we need to stay in the Premiership for that to mean anything. A left back, a striker and maybe even a defensive mid need to be invested in.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I understand CH''s point of view and I think the leftback position is a priority. But as I said in another thread I''m just a tad worried about where the goals are going to come from THIS season. Yes we scored prolifically last season, but a lot of teams will have done their homework!

Just a passionate fan here, that wants it all coming together nicely

WIZ p.#s off, if you wanna be negative...there''s a club in Suffolk whose in a downwards spiral...[/quote]I don''t get this "homework" idea which appears on here a lot that other Prem teams will have somehow sussed us out over the summer break.Are they all so slow that they couldn''t have done this during last season once there was evidence from our first few games? If we scored goals last season with a similar squad, we have the potential to do the same again.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]

Well if he is not looking for another striker i suggest he takes a leaf out of Paul Lamberts book and drops Holt to the bench untill he can be bothered to get himself in shape .

[/quote]

I wish you''d take a leaf out of Paul Lambert''s book and bugger off to Villa.

[/quote]
LOL - quality Mr B

Everybody keep your knickers on!!!!

Holt, Morison, Vaughan and our midfielders can all score plenty among themselves to keep us up. Think of last season. Holt and moro were pretty much our only strikers and we stayed up!

And who knows...maybe Hughton will change his mind after the Borussia game or he has a couple of tricks up his sleeve!

Wiz, I pity you. Not because of your negativity, but because of how sad it must be, getting attention by going onto a message board ranting constantly. How pathetic. It''s just a big kids version of going into the playground and making a lot of noise.

"We''re going down, aren''t we ?" wiz

we ?

oh yes, that would be you and those others who used to watch games from that mythical Wensum Stand you told us you stood in during the 60''s

you may be many things, but a City fan is not one of them

This season is so so vital. We all know that. I''m confident we can stay up and think that if we bought a decent striker it would just give us more potency in front of goal. Right now I feel like we just have an average looking front line.

Holt isn''t going to score 15 goals again.

Morison only performed for half the season last year so that doesn''t fill me with confidence.

Jackson has frightening pace but massively lacks quality at Prem level.

Vaughan is too injury prone to rely on.

Chris Martin isn''t good enough.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]This season is so so vital. We all know that. I''m confident we can stay up and think that if we bought a decent striker it would just give us more potency in front of goal. Right now I feel like we just have an average looking front line.

Holt isn''t going to score 15 goals again.

Morison only performed for half the season last year so that doesn''t fill me with confidence.

Jackson has frightening pace but massively lacks quality at Prem level.

Vaughan is too injury prone to rely on.

Chris Martin isn''t good enough.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I''m happy with the defense, although others underestimate Whittaker, butv another striker of proven quality please MR. H.

[quote user="City1st"]

we ?

oh yes, that would be you and those others who used to watch games from that mythical Wensum Stand you told us you stood in during the 60''s

[/quote]

In your opinion, which is worth jack all.

However, NCFC who take my money have a different view.

So shove it squire.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="City1st"]

we ?

[/quote]

So shove it squire.

[/quote]

So let me get this straight.

A man in his fifties/sixties, who I presume has had much experience of the world, has resorted to petty and childish insults?

Pathetic.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Couldn''t have put it better myself, Perhaps Wiz should wind the clock back to when Roeder demolished the squad and we were short of 8 players at one point Has Delia said If we can field a full team we''ll give it a go, Wiz do the world a favour and stand on that bit of Metal that stands just off Denmark road  

[/quote]

There''s a bus leaving Gordon Road at 8pm..........please be under it.

[quote user="The Ambassador"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="City1st"]

we ?

[/quote]

So shove it squire.

[/quote] So let me get this straight. A man in his fifties/sixties, who I presume has had much experience of the world, has resorted to petty and childish insults? Pathetic.[/quote]

To talk to a child sometimes you have to speak as one.

I expect us to play 1 up front a lot this season with either Wes, Snoddy or Butterfield tucked in behind to give us 5 in midfield when we haven''t got the ball. So possibly Hughton feels that he can''t guarantee another striker much game time within the framework of that strategy?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="The Ambassador"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="City1st"]

we ?

[/quote]

So shove it squire.

[/quote] So let me get this straight. A man in his fifties/sixties, who I presume has had much experience of the world, has resorted to petty and childish insults? Pathetic.[/quote]

To talk to a child sometimes you have to speak as one.

[/quote]

Takes one to know one, WIz.

"However, NCFC who take my money have a different view."

is that the same different view, that you claimed about the Main Stand whereby you could see the Cathedral ?

or the same view you got while watching games in the ''Wensum Stand'' in the 1960''s ?

yes, anyone can be a City fan - but in your case I think it might help those reading your posts to at least know where you are coming from

you may fool some but there are many who can see right through you - and your motives

Textbook Pinkun thread.

Step 1. Someone makes initial interesting or valid points.

Step 2. Few decent measured responses.

Step 3. Thread descends into pointless and circular name calling with no relevance to the actual topic.

So come on people obvious names aside like Rhodes etc. Who is out there then that is within our reach? That you think would add something.

[quote user="Jacko"]Textbook Pinkun thread.

Step 1. Someone makes initial interesting or valid points.

Step 2. Few decent measured responses.

Step 3: Wiz walks into the room

Step 4. Thread descends into pointless and circular name calling with no relevance to the actual topic.

So come on people obvious names aside like Rhodes etc. Who is out there then that is within our reach? That you think would add something.[/quote]

There you go, I fixed it for you.

[quote user="Jacko"]Textbook Pinkun thread.

Step 1. Someone makes initial interesting or valid points. [/quote]Sorry, did you say "Textbook"?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]We''re going down aren''t we?[/quote]We''re not.  Come and join us.[/quote]

Paul?

[quote user="The Ambassador"][quote user="Jacko"]Textbook Pinkun thread. Step 1. Someone makes initial interesting or valid points. Step 2. Few decent measured responses. Step 3: Wiz walks into the room Step 4. Thread descends into pointless and circular name calling with no relevance to the actual topic. So come on people obvious names aside like Rhodes etc. Who is out there then that is within our reach? That you think would add something.[/quote] There you go, I fixed it for you.[/quote]

So do you think I''m going to let posters walk all over me everytime I say something?

It ain''t happening.

As for a new striker.......whats our budget?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Here is a perfect example.

A simple sentence which requires little brain activity. Bring up a topic which is not only old, but also irrelevant. The topic is also controversial due to the fact there is no proof for the belief and is contary to what fans believe. The reason? To wind people up and sit back and enjoy the magic.

Wiz seems to be losing his touch. His trolling endeavours are becoming even more visible and noticeable.

Also, notice the hypocrisy.

Here''s a direct quote from our magical friend.

I was totally wrong in claiming there was a lack of budget/ambition at our club, I panicked when no signings were being made and I should have heeded the wise words of posters like Jacko to remain patient.

So..Wiz was lying and as we can see he simply said that for the purpose of trying to piss me off. I didn''t even have to do any digging for that as well. It was only two pages away. Sad.

Go back to portaloo road binner

I would beg to differ on one point

I don''t believe that whoever is behind the wiz troll is a binner - he is simply someone who trawls around various forums trying to cause mischief

a fairly sad existence

[quote user="The Ambassador"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote] Here is a perfect example. A simple sentence which requires little brain activity. Bring up a topic which is not only old, but also irrelevant. The topic is also controversial due to the fact there is no proof for the belief and is contary to what fans believe. The reason? To wind people up and sit back and enjoy the magic. Wiz seems to be losing his touch. His trolling endeavours are becoming even more visible and noticeable. Also, notice the hypocrisy. Here''s a direct quote from our magical friend. I was totally wrong in claiming there was a lack of budget/ambition at our club, I panicked when no signings were being made and I should have heeded the wise words of posters like Jacko to remain patient. So..Wiz was lying and as we can see he simply said that for the purpose of trying to piss me off. I didn''t even have to do any digging for that as well. It was only two pages away. Sad. Go back to portaloo road binner[/quote]

You tw*t!

I simply said whats the budget?

Huddersfield recently turned down 5 million for Roades, are we in that league? I don''t know thats why I asked.

Stop trying to portray me as something I''m not you binner.

Stop trying to portray me as something I''m not

I think that''s what you have been trying to do .....

.......unfortumately you have been rumbled, again

[quote user="City1st"]

I would beg to differ on one point

I don''t believe that whoever is behind the wiz troll is a binner - he is simply someone who trawls around various forums trying to cause mischief

a fairly sad existence

[/quote]

You really don''t know who I am, as I don''t know you.

After that, its just forum nonsense.

On carrowroad.net we actually meet each other, sometimes at the ground, sometimes not.

On here, apart from a select few, I have no wish to meet up with anyone........sorry.