Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Hughton "not looking for new forward"

[quote user="City1st"]

Stop trying to portray me as something I''m not

I think that''s what you have been trying to do .....

.......unfortumately you have been rumbled, again

[/quote]

Err? did I ask you?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]This season is so so vital. We all know that. I''m confident we can stay up and think that if we bought a decent striker it would just give us more potency in front of goal. Right now I feel like we just have an average looking front line.

Holt isn''t going to score 15 goals again.

Morison only performed for half the season last year so that doesn''t fill me with confidence.

Jackson has frightening pace but massively lacks quality at Prem level.

Vaughan is too injury prone to rely on.

Chris Martin isn''t good enough.[/quote]

Totally agree with this assessment - a quality striker (''quality'' at our level mind, we''re not talking about £30M on a Champions League level). The midfield looks good, potentially very good in fact. Up front is weak though on any objective analysis.

Why do so many posts on here end up with petty and nasty insults being thrown? Nothing wrong with having different opinions, or being critical of each other, but some of the stuff on here is quite frankly embarrassing considering we/you are all supporting the SAME TEAM. 

There will be plenty of City fans currently fearing relegation, that''s human nature, and many on the other side of the fence expecting a comfortable league position, so what, that''s why we all follow this great game and our terrific football club.

If someone (regardless of who it is) feels the need to suggest relegation, or we are doomed, then that''s fine, all you need to do is offer a decent counter in respect of why you dont feel the same, rather than straight away start slagging, its not clever.    

As for the topic, whilst I dont think it is absolutely necessary to sign another striker for us to finish clear of the releagtion zone, an extra option up front would really help us in what will be a very difficult season. The signing need not be a multi million signing, just a player that is a bit different to what we already have and I would like to see a bit of experience added to the striker selection, he need not be a regular starter either.

As for Holt and his weight, clearly he is the type who''s weight fluctuates and I would guess his shape changes depending on the type of training programme he is on. He may just benefit by having a bit more beef on him when battling up front against some of the big units, doesnt mean he isnt fit though does it or, that he wont notch a decent amount of goals this season either.  

"Err? did I ask you?"

Perhaps you should be a bit more specific then in who is allowed to post in a thread

Specific as you were when stating which Norwich City FC directors were suposed to be making off with money from the club, which directors were lying about various financial positions regarding the club and which person should not be welcome at the club as he is homosexual

your mask is slipping I''m afraid

Admit it WIz, I just spanked you and de-cloaked you.

"Im sorry I said the board lied about the transfer budget, I was wrong"

"What budget do we have eh?"

Like city1st said, the mask is slipping after a long decade or so of trolling.

[quote user="City1st"]

"Err? did I ask you?"

Perhaps you should be a bit more specific then in who is allowed to post in a thread

Specific as you were when stating which Norwich City FC directors were suposed to be making off with money from the club, which directors were lying about various financial positions regarding the club and which person should not be welcome at the club as he is homosexual

your mask is slipping I''m afraid

[/quote]

As is yours.

And by the by, I didn''t want Fry at the club because he was a convicted class A drug user and credit fraud criminal, but you already knew that!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Why do so many posts on here end up with petty and nasty insults being thrown? Nothing wrong with having different opinions, or being critical of each other, but some of the stuff on here is quite frankly embarrassing considering we/you are all supporting the SAME TEAM. 

There will be plenty of City fans currently fearing relegation, that''s human nature, and many on the other side of the fence expecting a comfortable league position, so what, that''s why we all follow this great game and our terrific football club.

If someone (regardless of who it is) feels the need to suggest relegation, or we are doomed, then that''s fine, all you need to do is offer a decent counter in respect of why you dont feel the same, rather than straight away start slagging, its not clever.    

As for the topic, whilst I dont think it is absolutely necessary to sign another striker for us to finish clear of the releagtion zone, an extra option up front would really help us in what will be a very difficult season. The signing need not be a multi million signing, just a player that is a bit different to what we already have and I would like to see a bit of experience added to the striker selection, he need not be a regular starter either.

As for Holt and his weight, clearly he is the type who''s weight fluctuates and I would guess his shape changes depending on the type of training programme he is on. He may just benefit by having a bit more beef on him when battling up front against some of the big units, doesnt mean he isnt fit though does it or, that he wont notch a decent amount of goals this season either.  

[/quote]

Mark, get yourself over to carrowroad.net, your sort are always wanted there.[Y]

Wiz if you are so fed up with the posters on here and their opinions why do you bother to stick around? Just saying.

" I didn''t want Fry at the club because he was a convicted class A drug user and a credit fraud criminal"

that doesn''t mean you didn''t make any negative comments about his being homosexual - or would you care to state in front of the forum that you didn''t

ps perhaps you could also tell us all when Stephen Fry was convicted as a '' class A drug user'' or is that another one of your many lies ?

Carrow Road. Net is a decent little forum. I read it daily and post quite often. Why this constant need to run everybody and everything down. Extremely sad.

Have I missed something? I didn''t realise the season had started and we were cast adrift at the foot of the table. Why hasn''t one of you knowledgeable chaps on here pointed this out before....

Just a few points;

1. The aim of pre-season games is to get match fit, try out a few different things and have a look at your players. There are numerous substitutions etc and players don''t get a run of games.

2. One of the main issues from last year was our defence - it was the one thing Lambert never really got right during his time. In our pre-season games in the UK we have conceded just 1 goal in the 5 games so far. The counter side of that is that with a focus on sorting out the defence the attacking side of our game may suffer. The key is of course to get the balance right.

3. Holt, Morison & Vaughan have all scored this pre-season.

4. 0-0 draws away to MK Dons and Hull are hardly disastrous results. We have won & kept clean sheets at Celtic and (free scoring) Peterborough.

5. Those of us who are a bit older may be able to remember the 88-89 pre-season where we suffered heavy defeats by Ipswich, Hull & Hereford. There were the usual doom & gloom predictions and what happened? We won our first 4 games and finished 4th in the top division.

If after 5 games we are bottom and have not scored any goals then fair enough start moaning. Until then I suggest we see what unfolds both on the pitch and in terms of new signings.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]

If after 5 games we are bottom and have not scored any goals then fair enough start moaning. Until then I suggest we see what unfolds both on the pitch and in terms of new signings.

[/quote]

If after 5 games we are bottom and have not scored any goals then we are down already. It''s too late by then, we need action now.

I don''t like your attitude at all Evesham. There is far too much common sense in this post. If I didn''t know any better you are going to the manager and players time in a competitive situation before writing them off. You disgust me.

I think EC you have overlooked the point of much of this whinging and whining. With so much going well at the club there has been very little for the whingers and whiners to attack the club with. This is about all they have been able to drag up.

And yes, the rest of us have always been wary of drawing too many conclusions from pre season friendlies - even maybe the first game, given how we were stuffed 1-7 then went on to walk the league, lost 2-3 then were automatically promoted

And I suspect genuine City fans will be of the same mind as you, as we wait to " see what unfolds both on the pitch and in terms of new signings."

Well we will see... I just think to make our job easier if we had another striker that defensive midfielder and now another defender I would feel much more confident of our start to the season.If we don''t sign them then we do have quality but not great depth in a particular skill levels in particular positions. Swansea proved you can have a plan A and it works the majority of the time but it doesn''t always. I would worry if a 4-5-1 was our preffered set up but I calso see with the players we have that in the midfield this may be a suitable formation. I have reiterated my preference is two strikers with two fast pacey tricky wingers, we don''t quite have that or the central midfield duo to hold that team together. Of course we will play that system at times and do well, but to have that extra level of confidence that after a quarter of the season we are ticking over nicely I would hope we look to sign a few more throughout the spine of the team.I also think we will.

[quote user="City1st"]

I think EC you have overlooked the point of much of this whinging and whining. With so much going well at the club there has been very little for the whingers and whiners to attack the club with. This is about all they have been able to drag up.

And yes, the rest of us have always been wary of drawing too many conclusions from pre season friendlies - even maybe the first game, given how we were stuffed 1-7 then went on to walk the league, lost 2-3 then were automatically promoted

And I suspect genuine City fans will be of the same mind as you, as we wait to " see what unfolds both on the pitch and in terms of new signings."

[/quote]

Well, I thought I would aid one or two others in getting back o/t!

Hate all this negativity and knee jerk reactions - it would be the same though if we had won 4-0 at Hull & MK Dond, we''d be certs for the top 6!

I would suggest that selling and loaning Crofts and Ayala means that others are coming in

In contrast to many of the pantwetters I would be more concerned were those two to have both been kept on, which would have suggested that we were going to stick with what we have got and hope for the best and and maybe see what is about in January

what has been one of the defining points about the present board, other than their very focussed determination, is their ability to bring in players when needed - and usually when all hope has been given up in certain quarters

remember the wailing on here last January, likewise last summer and the loan period in Feb 2010 ?

so hush children, have patience

City1st, you can be such an arse! referring to others as if they don''t have the right to opinion and if it is in the slightest bit negative, you cast your normal slang at them, Pantwetters, Children etc. etc. etc.

The daft thing is you make some good statments which I agree with you on most points, but your manner is that of a moronic bully type, who if you don''t share your view of things, has no time to consider you point without name calling and trying to belittle some good posters.

Constructive criticism is a very powerful way of motivating and highlighting areas of weakness! I see where those who are concerned have valid points, just that some don''t see the positive or don''t highlight the positives.

I would consider that Wiz and others who have valid points, valid concerns are very different to yours, cut them slack and stop being such a knob!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="pete_norw"]

Couldn''t have put it better myself, Perhaps Wiz should wind the clock back to when Roeder demolished the squad and we were short of 8 players at one point Has Delia said If we can field a full team we''ll give it a go, Wiz do the world a favour and stand on that bit of Metal that stands just off Denmark road  

[/quote]

There''s a bus leaving Gordon Road at 8pm..........please be under it.

[/quote]

As said earlier, Kid in a play ground (MY DAD''S BIGGER THAN YOUR DAD)

[quote user="City1st"]

" I didn''t want Fry at the club because he was a convicted class A drug user and a credit fraud criminal"

that doesn''t mean you didn''t make any negative comments about his being homosexual - or would you care to state in front of the forum that you didn''t

ps perhaps you could also tell us all when Stephen Fry was convicted as a '' class A drug user'' or is that another one of your many lies ?

[/quote]

I apologise to Mr Fry,  he wasn''t convicted of class A drug use.......he just confessed to doing it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1365557/I-took-cocaine-enjoy-crosswords-Stephen-Fry-reveals-15-year-drug-habit.html

But the fraud conviction is real enough:

http://www.pgwodehousebooks.com/stephenfry.htm

Wiz, I do not always take to Stephen Fry as I find him smug and self satisfied at times and dismissive of other viewpoints. But what you write is simply dreadful. Do you not believe in forgiveness or looking for the best in others?

The conviction was from years ago when he was a young man. Have you never made mistakes?

Perhaps you need to remove the log from your own eye before taking the speck from anothers...

Here endeth the sermon

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]

Wiz, I do not always take to Stephen Fry as I find him smug and self satisfied at times and dismissive of other viewpoints. But what you write is simply dreadful. Do you not believe in forgiveness or looking for the best in others?

The conviction was from years ago when he was a young man. Have you never made mistakes?

Perhaps you need to remove the log from your own eye before taking the speck from anothers...

Here endeth the sermon

[/quote]

No I haven''t DCB, nor has thousands of City fans either, our collective nose''s are clean!

Mr Fry does not pass the ''fit and proper'' test as a director in my eyes, were he a scum director, most on here would share my viewpoint.

It is not, as has been claimed, because he is gay, and I resent the slur on my name that was behind my thinking.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]

Here endeth the sermon

[/quote]

No I haven''t DCB, nor has thousands of City fans either, our collective nose''s are clean!

Mr Fry does not pass the ''fit and proper'' test as a director in my eyes, were he a scum director, most on here would share my viewpoint.

It is not, as has been claimed, because he is gay, and I resent the slur on my name that was behind my thinking.

[/quote]

prat

What the hell has Stephen Fry got to do with the thread title! I despair sometimes....

For me Fry stinks of mates on the board, theres''s no way anyone can say anything otherwise!

But again looking at it from a positive point, Fry will be a good ambassador for the club and his love for NCFC is renowned. As he travels to world and UK to have this guy on the board must be good.

As for his past, well let''s be honest these are minor infractions compared to the questionable charecters who run some other clubs!

And who wouldn''t want General Melchett on there board and as said by the great man, "Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the new season?

What Fry brings is increased brand awareness which increases our commercial revenue opportunities. Companies pay considerable amounts of money to celebrities to increase their brand awareness which  Fry provides for free.

[quote user="Hog"]What the hell has Stephen Fry got to do with the thread title! I despair sometimes....[/quote]

I think he could probably do a job in emergency if a new forward is not forthcoming. Probably not the most mobile but difficult to push off the ball. Think of John Hartson........