Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Hughton "not looking for new forward"

[quote user="Wiz"]We''re going down aren''t we?[/quote]

As I said in another thread, take your negativity and foxtrot oscar Wiz.  You are just an attention seeking troll

Well, this is what he''s actually quoted as saying :

"We''ve got a lot of forwards, a lot of strikers, but possibly there are areas where if had one or two injuries, then we''d be struggling a little bit," 

"It''s an ongoing process and if we''re able to strengthen, great, but if not, we''ve got a group of lads here that have fared very well at this club."

[quote user="CamelFish"]

As I said in another thread, take your negativity and foxtrot oscar Wiz.  You are just an attention seeking troll

[/quote]

Err, being polite sonny, bog off.

[quote user="Wiz"]We''re going down aren''t we?[/quote]Wouldn''t be amazed looking at what else is in the league this year. Hopefully this is one of those pre seasons that has nothing to do with how we play during the season and the reason he''s not looking for a striker is that he''s already identified who he wants.

Were you by any chance a hippy in the 1960''s?   If so you must still be on a ''downer'' since then.   Reminds me of Neil in the Young Ones.   "Oh.no, the fridge is empty, I''ll have to go to the shops - heavyyy....."  or perhaps "Oh, no, new season approaching - we''ve got no players - heavyyyy........"

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Well, this is what he''s actually quoted as saying :

"We''ve got a lot of forwards, a lot of strikers, but possibly there are areas where if had one or two injuries, then we''d be struggling a little bit," 

"It''s an ongoing process and if we''re able to strengthen, great, but if not, we''ve got a group of lads here that have fared very well at this club."

[/quote]

Quite. At no point does he say he isn''t looking for a new striker, and that quote about injuries and an ongoing process suggest he is, even if he has other priorities. He is hardly going to come out in the wake of a 0-0 draw and slag off his strikers publicly, but there is enough in his quotes ("An area we''d like to improve on over this pre-season period is our goals tally. We looked very solid as a unit, got into some good areas but it would have been nice to see a couple of goals. It''s perhaps just being a little bit more decisive, making that clinical pass, and being a little bit more greedy in front of goal.") to indicate he isn''t convinced by what he has got. To say that the strikers we have aren''t decisive is as strong a criticsm as you can make. An indecisive striker is effectively a contradiction in terms.

Well if he is not looking for another striker i suggest he takes a leaf out of Paul Lamberts book and drops Holt to the bench untill he can be bothered to get himself in shape .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Well if he is not looking for another striker i suggest he takes a leaf out of Paul Lamberts book and drops Holt to the bench untill he can be bothered to get himself in shape .
[/quote]

Are you related to Wiz, by any chance??

[quote user="Ncfc"]

Well if he is not looking for another striker i suggest he takes a leaf out of Paul Lamberts book and drops Holt to the bench untill he can be bothered to get himself in shape .

[/quote]

I wish you''d take a leaf out of Paul Lambert''s book and bugger off to Villa.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Were you by any chance a hippy in the 1960''s?   If so you must still be on a ''downer'' since then.   Reminds me of Neil in the Young Ones.   "Oh.no, the fridge is empty, I''ll have to go to the shops - heavyyy....."  or perhaps "Oh, no, new season approaching - we''ve got no players - heavyyyy........"

[/quote]

Actually LDC, yes I was. [H]

I understand CH''s point of view and I think the leftback position is a priority. But as I said in another thread I''m just a tad worried about where the goals are going to come from THIS season. Yes we scored prolifically last season, but a lot of teams will have done their homework!

Just a passionate fan here, that wants it all coming together nicely

WIZ p.#s off, if you wanna be negative...there''s a club in Suffolk whose in a downwards spiral...

Obviously attacking Wiz doesn''t work so;

Yes Wiz, we are going down.   We are all going to be very sad and disappointed but hopefully we will have another promotion to look forward to one day.   Now, tuck upp nice and snug and try not to worry too much about all the nasty things before supper time.

Incidentally Dylan, try as I might and contorting language to breaking point, I don''t see how you get your quote of not loooking from the full quote given or is there more?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

Oh dear, ldc. To those of us who dimly seem to remember living through the 1960s Neil in The Young Ones was no one''s idea of a hippy.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Well if he is not looking for another striker i suggest he takes a leaf out of Paul Lamberts book and drops Holt to the bench untill he can be bothered to get himself in shape .[/quote]And this is the reason why I try and avoid this forum now, full of trolls and idiots. Are you actually being serious or just trolling? He has said himself he is in the best shape he has ever been in, do you actually think he''d be allowed to get out of shape whilst playing for us???

Christ... Everyone is on a bloody downer. WE ARE IN THE PREMIERLEAGUE. LETS JUST ENJOY IT!

If we stay up we stay up if we go down we go down. But for the time being lets just enjoy it and let the Hooot do his job and get the best outta the players we have. We weren''t complaining last year when we had Wilbrahmovic up top (well we were) but we still stayed up. Surely we have a better squad already with his additions to the squad. So lets just wait and see.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]

[/quote]

I wish you''d take a leaf out of Paul Lambert''s book and bugger off to Villa.

I wish people like you would take the yellow specs off and get real , but then once an idiot always an idiot . Grant Holt IS FAT just as he was at the start of last season , Now maybe you should bugger off if other peoples opinions upset you so much . Bye

[/quote]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Ncfc"]Well if he is not looking for another striker i suggest he takes a leaf out of Paul Lamberts book and drops Holt to the bench untill he can be bothered to get himself in shape .[/quote]And this is the reason why I try and avoid this forum now, full of trolls and idiots. Are you actually being serious or just trolling? He has said himself he is in the best shape he has ever been in, do you actually think he''d be allowed to get out of shape whilst playing for us???[/quote] He is fat for christs sake , even the commentators said so last night , our own supporters said so after the Ajax game . He came back from last pre season fat , Lambert dropped him and if it was not for an injury to Vaughan he would have been out of the picture . He''s fat again , and if you lot woke up you would admit it .

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

Oh dear, ldc. To those of us who dimly seem to remember living through the 1960s Neil in The Young Ones was no one''s idea of a hippy.

[/quote]

Oh, I don''t know -  I was only a youngster, but my older sister brought home afew long haired morose boyfriends in the late sixties.......... and 

Neil from the Young Ones is only a charicature.................bit like wiz really [:)]. 

Whilst I don''t wish to be negative, I do fear for us up front as we seem to be relying on Holt again to have a similar season to last.

The hints are there that we are not scoring enough goals or ruthless enough in front of goal. I think Hughton should take the hint and sign a striker whilst moving Chris Martin on, as he clearly isn''t good enough and could upset morale.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

i thought you were done with being negative?

[/quote]

If you believe that you believe T. Lobsang Rampa (let the hippies on here explain that one to you!).

He may not be admitting it publicly, but I think that he may have a touch of concern. In the interview after the Hull game, on the Official site, he twice commented that he would have liked a couple of goals He has said this before in the pre-season games, and perhaps with the blanks recently he may turn his mind towards the strikers.

In fairness, he also said that sometimes the final pass was inadequate.

Holt is definitely carrying more weight than usual.

Not to be negative, he is a legend to me and i''m feeling very positive about this season but I agree with some posters concerns about this.

You only need to watch the pre season highlights to see the difference from this time last year. It seems every time someone mentions this they get shot down.

I think we should judge on what happens and not on what is said.   After all, he can hardly say that his forwards make Emile Heskey look dangerous and he''s after new ones can he?   If he thinks we need another striker then one will come.

I''m just concerned we will rely too much on Holt because even at times last season he looked a little stretched, even though his season was unbelievable. All teams that get relegated don''t score enough goals. That''s a fact, so we need to make sure we have enough fire power up there and currently I really don''t think we do.

Holt may get is 10 goals, but that''s the max i think he can get. Morison probably one or two more or less. Then I think with the rest you are looking at about two or three goals each. We need someone to come in who can turn it on at this level if we want to stay at this level.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''m just concerned we will rely too much on Holt because even at times last season he looked a little stretched, even though his season was unbelievable. All teams that get relegated don''t score enough goals. That''s a fact, so we need to make sure we have enough fire power up there and currently I really don''t think we do.

Holt may get is 10 goals, but that''s the max i think he can get. Morison probably one or two more or less. Then I think with the rest you are looking at about two or three goals each. We need someone to come in who can turn it on at this level if we want to stay at this level.[/quote]City still have a very decent attacking midfield which should pick up the slack if needed.  Other than Pilks and E''nett, the middle needs a little time to grow together.  I think the scoring will be there.

This is by far the biggest season in NCFC history, stay up and the money starts to build foundations which all other Championship sides will never compete with!

Get relegated and it''s a very hard league to return from, only ever going to get harder with the financial rewards on offer next season onwards!

So I am not worried as it''s only football, I go to enjoy the game, meet friends and enjoy the atmosphere! Relegation is not the end of the world to me, it''s just a small downer to have to face should that occur!

As said already Wiz, just enjoy the success as we had 6 seasons of hell to endure to get here! I believe the midfield will score alot more thie year!