Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Sam Baldock & Dani Pacheco

Rumour has it Wet Spam are busy buying every player in Europe and perhaps Sam Baldock would be so last year.

I really rate him he destroyed us single handed for Mk Dons in the cup last year, worth a cheeky bid ? shouldn''t be too expensive.

Would also still love to see Dani back his ball control is still better than anyone we have at the club.

His ball control is better than anyone we have?

Are you sure? Can''t remember him being that spectacular. But I would happily have him back here, but I don''t think he''d fit in anywhere we haven''t already got covered, he wasn''t really a striker, but an AM and we have Hoolahan, Butterfield & Snoddy.

Don''t remember too much about Baldock, but if he was playing for MK Dons when they beat us, and he''s who I think he is, then I think I said at the time we should sign him.

I''ve always really liked Sam Baldock, for some reason, who I assure you is a striker, not a midfielder (don''t let the fact he wears number 7 confuse you). As for Pacheco... I don''t know, whilst he''s obviously a decent player, he''s nowhere near as good as some people on this board make him out to be, Granted he has alot of potential, but I just don''t think he''s a striker (he''s more attacking midfield) or particularly consistent. I think people tend to like him because of the obvious respect he has for NCFC, rather than any outstanding ability.

Baldock has the same agent as Butterfield, Ruddy and Ward so I would imagine if Sam''s available, the agent would have at the very least mention this to Norwich. He''s not a bad player, but no better than what we already have.

Believe Baldock is on the verge of a move to Bristol City and he never managed to become a regular for West Ham in the Championship , no better than Jackson , Vaughan and Martin .

[quote user="Gareth"]I''ve always really liked Sam Baldock, for some reason, who I assure you is a striker, not a midfielder (don''t let the fact he wears number 7 confuse you). As for Pacheco... I don''t know, whilst he''s obviously a decent player, he''s nowhere near as good as some people on this board make him out to be, Granted he has alot of potential, but I just don''t think he''s a striker (he''s more attacking midfield) or particularly consistent. I think people tend to like him because of the obvious respect he has for NCFC, rather than any outstanding ability.[/quote]

Agree with you concerning Baldock. Disagree with you about Pacheco.

Both are in a similar situation as they are not being given a look in at their current clubs despite doing everything right. Baldock was barely given a game at West Ham after he moved, yet racked up 5 goals in 10 or 11 starts- a very impressive haul considering the negative tactics used by West Ham.

Similarly, in Liverpool''s pre-season, the games in which Dani has played with the main (ie favoured by Rodgers) group, he has been the best player on the pitch by quite some distance. It caused many a Liverpool fan to believe that this could be his year. However, he has been inexplicably dropped. You have to ask, what more does the lad have to do? There are more than a few Liverpool fans who question this decision.

In my opinion, Pacheco is a talent. He is not the finished article, but if he were to return, he would have my full and wholehearted support (like any Norwich player).

I am not suggesting either for a nailed on first team spot but i think both would give us real options and are young so even if they only got a few gos from the bench could be good for the future.

Pacheco still heads my list of players I want at the club....Jay Rod now becoming totally un-realistic and I think the influx of mids means Lansbury would just be another wheel...although a gold plated chrome one

[quote user="Militant Canary"][quote user="Gareth"]I''ve always really liked Sam Baldock, for some reason, who I assure you is a striker, not a midfielder (don''t let the fact he wears number 7 confuse you). As for Pacheco... I don''t know, whilst he''s obviously a decent player, he''s nowhere near as good as some people on this board make him out to be, Granted he has alot of potential, but I just don''t think he''s a striker (he''s more attacking midfield) or particularly consistent. I think people tend to like him because of the obvious respect he has for NCFC, rather than any outstanding ability.[/quote]

Agree with you concerning Baldock. Disagree with you about Pacheco.

Both are in a similar situation as they are not being given a look in at their current clubs despite doing everything right. Baldock was barely given a game at West Ham after he moved, yet racked up 5 goals in 10 or 11 starts- a very impressive haul considering the negative tactics used by West Ham.

Similarly, in Liverpool''s pre-season, the games in which Dani has played with the main (ie favoured by Rodgers) group, he has been the best player on the pitch by quite some distance. It caused many a Liverpool fan to believe that this could be his year. However, he has been inexplicably dropped. You have to ask, what more does the lad have to do? There are more than a few Liverpool fans who question this decision.

In my opinion, Pacheco is a talent. He is not the finished article, but if he were to return, he would have my full and wholehearted support (like any Norwich player).[/quote]
I  agree with you, I just feel that alot of fans overrate how far along his development is because of his (obvious) respect for NCFC. If he did play for Norwich I would be very happy and would give him my full support, he may be a ''raw'' talent, but he still has the talent to begin with. He needs to develop as a player so a move to a smaller Premier League club or Championship side could be on the books soon.

True enough, Gareth.

In fact, I think it must be pretty clear to him that he is not rated by Rodgers- despite doing everything right. For his sake, he has to move and I hope that it is to a good club that will have patience and help his development. Then again, given what a clear a***hole Rodgers is, I wouldn''t be surprised if he wasn''t allowed to move and spends a year rotting in the reserves (or as one of the 3 senior players in the U-21 side).

Changing the subject ever-so slightly, having thought it through, I think Pacheco would be best suited to the second-striker role. A bit like Kenny Dalglish in his prime. Just a thought.

I feel sorry for Pacheco. He has had a very limited career, he barely got any games last season and im very happy to see he has such a keen love of the club.

Sadly, I don''t see him coming here because he isn''t a striker. The midfield is all covered up, we don''t need another midfielder!

That said, I would still welcome him here.

[quote user="Gareth"]
I  agree with you, I just feel that alot of fans overrate how far along his development is because of his (obvious) respect for NCFC. If he did play for Norwich I would be very happy and would give him my full support, he may be a ''raw'' talent, but he still has the talent to begin with. He needs to develop as a player so a move to a smaller Premier League club or Championship side could be on the books soon.
[/quote]LOL... what like us ?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gareth"]
[/quote]LOL... what like us ?[/quote]
A move to Norwich may suit Pacheco, it''s a club whose fans obviously like him and it is a club that can almost guarantee him match time, but I doubt it will happen. Pacheco was a Lambert signing and Hughton will have his own targets.