Sign in to follow this  
Kett.canary

chris martin and James Vaughan

He has the natural skill and potential to be far greater yes. Whether he does that is another matter.

Paul Moy - Once again, as you have been proved massively wrong in your assessment of Cody Mac, you are more than happy to look for any possible way of having a go at Chris Martin.

Martin is far better than you realise whilst, at the same time not being as good as some people seem to think he is.

Personally I feel he is needed at the moment as he can fulfill more than one purpose. I would certainly put him above Simeon Jackson, who doesn''t lack in effort and pace but does lack in football knowledge and positional play.

Again, personally, I would be more upset if Martin left us than I would if Jackson left. Because a player puts in a lot of effort and has pace does not make them a good player (Lee Croft) even though some people seem to think it does.

quote  - Yellow Wall     Paul Moy - Once again, as you have been proved massively wrong in your assessment of Cody Mac, you are more than happy to look for any possible way of having a go at Chris Martin. Martin is far better than you realise whilst, at the same time not being as good as some people seem to think he is. Personally I feel he is needed at the moment as he can fulfill more than one purpose. I would certainly put him above Simeon Jackson, who doesn''t lack in effort and pace but does lack in football knowledge and positional play. Again, personally, I would be more upset if Martin left us than I would if Jackson left. Because a player puts in a lot of effort and has pace does not make them a good player (Lee Croft) even though some people seem to think it does.

If I was to put money on which out of Jackson or Martin was going to suceed in the premiership, it would be on Jackson every time.    Pace and effort is the minimum requirement to put in and Jackson has that in abundance and if he doesn''t score he is pulling defenders around creating space for the likes this season of Holt and Snodgrass et al.       And he scores goals - 4 last season without really getting a long run in the team.   Martin doesn''t have the pace or the effort  - and football knowledge and positional play is useless if you can''t get into the game. 

[quote user="QueenB"]When i first saw Martin i felt he could of made it right to the top even being the best player in the world. However due to attitude and desire he hasn''t quite got there. I feel if he gets his head in the right place this season he will be the number one striker for us next season.[/quote]......even as we ponder this statement pig airport is being built.[6]

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Paul Moy - Once again, as you have been proved massively wrong in your assessment of Cody Mac, you are more than happy to look for any possible way of having a go at Chris Martin. Martin is far better than you realise whilst, at the same time not being as good as some people seem to think he is. Personally I feel he is needed at the moment as he can fulfill more than one purpose. I would certainly put him above Simeon Jackson, who doesn''t lack in effort and pace but does lack in football knowledge and positional play. Again, personally, I would be more upset if Martin left us than I would if Jackson left. Because a player puts in a lot of effort and has pace does not make them a good player (Lee Croft) even though some people seem to think it does.[/quote]

I totally disagree. Martin had his chances in a successful team and came up short many times, Cody didn''t get the opportunity here so the jury''s still out for me.  I''ve still got faith in Cody and have bet on him at 28/1 E/W for League One top scorer. It''s a risk because I can''t vouch for the support he will get from possibly a weak Coventry squad but at those odds it was worth a wager IMO. He''s played only one pre-season game and scored two goals so there is room for optimism.

Before anybody reacts with vitriol to this comment, please bear in mind that this is a reply to somebody else that originally mentioned Cody and thus I surely have a right to reply.   

I have no problem with your reply or your optimism and loyalty. I never minded Cody, I just didn''t think he was as good as you obviously do, still it''s all about opinion.

I just wish you wouldn''t take every opportunity to knock Chris Martin as he is still on our books and a player that may well be needed this season.

I don''t think he is a world beater but he certainly has something about his game that I can feel can still be of great use to us.

................ and I wouldn''t mind seeing you win your bet, except that I don''t think we would ever here the end of it.http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I have no problem with your reply or your optimism and loyalty. I never minded Cody, I just didn''t think he was as good as you obviously do, still it''s all about opinion. I just wish you wouldn''t take every opportunity to knock Chris Martin as he is still on our books and a player that may well be needed this season. I don''t think he is a world beater but he certainly has something about his game that I can feel can still be of great use to us. ................ and I wouldn''t mind seeing you win your bet, except that I don''t think we would ever here the end of it.http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/quote]

I don''t bet out of loyalty, only that I believe the bet can be won and that I''ll make a profit. I bet on Norwich the past three seasons and won each bet, but that wasn''t out of loyalty, only that I saw an opportunity to beat the bookies. Prior to that I probably had bet on about two occasions on Norwich over 30 years or so.    

Always a player to split opinions down the middle is Chris Martin. My opinion is that I would like to see him get a chance under Hughton. I remember the Stoke game last season (our first home game of the season I believe) and he looked very comfortable on the ball, linked up well and got a couple of decent half chances on target.

In League 1 he was fantastic, in the first half of the championship promotion season he was very good. Now I would never underestimate the massive gap between Championship and Premiership but he is a player I still have faith in.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The fact he loaned him and didn''t sell him says something.[/quote]GP we been fighting this battle since 2009 season I think mate ? People still in the dark over Chris Martin etc etc.

Right Martin, FACT. He got into a scuffle with Morro at a trendy club in Norwich.He then got carted out to Palace as Moro needed to settle.Debatable but Moro didnt settleMartin and Moro still on our books.... Lets see where we are at Crimbo lads ;)

[quote user="QueenB"]When i first saw Martin i felt he could of made it right to the top even being the best player in the world. However due to attitude and desire he hasn''t quite got there. I feel if he gets his head in the right place this season he will be the number one striker for us next season.[/quote]Ive said much the same on numerous occasions. I will question him being our number one striker. BUT the bloke is somehow going 40 + 40 = 20... when we get 40 + 40 = 80 we will have a REAL gem of a player.Can anyone actually say that old 7m of volcano face is better than Chris ?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

you do realise he scored 10 league goals despite everyone slagging him off

yet martin scored 7 last year in the championship. I know who i''d rather have

[/quote]He could have had 40 if he actually ran for a ball rather than point at his feet and tea pot when the pass is 1 yard short

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]The fact he loaned him and didn''t sell him says something.[/quote]

GP we been fighting this battle since 2009 season I think mate ? People still in the dark over Chris Martin etc etc.

Right Martin, FACT. He got into a scuffle with Morro at a trendy club in Norwich.
He then got carted out to Palace as Moro needed to settle.
Debatable but Moro didnt settle
Martin and Moro still on our books....

Lets see where we are at Crimbo lads ;)
[/quote]

This is not a FACT [:|]

[quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]The fact he loaned him and didn''t sell him says something.[/quote]

GP we been fighting this battle since 2009 season I think mate ? People still in the dark over Chris Martin etc etc.

Right Martin, FACT. He got into a scuffle with Morro at a trendy club in Norwich.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah - there aren''t any trendy clubs in Norwich

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]He could have had 40 if he actually ran for a ball rather than point at his feet and tea pot when the pass is 1 yard short [/quote]
You make a comments like this, yet insult other for their lack of footballing knowledge?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

Right Martin, FACT. He got into a scuffle with Morro at a trendy club in Norwich.He then got carted out to Palace as Moro needed to settle.Debatable but Moro didnt settleMartin and Moro still on our books.... Lets see where we are at Crimbo lads ;)[/quote]

The bold part my friend is 100% true.

And my point about Moro being a lazy ass is also true, deny it all you want, but it is. Maybe his work rate doesnt reflect on the radio as much as it does on the pitch ?

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree, this is not fact. I would like to know who told you this ''fact'' though just out of interest.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]As for Martin, I hope he gets a chance. Apparently he''s wasted all hai chances, which is a load of BS, but there''s no pleasing some people. Could be the same situation as last season though, gets a bit of game time, doesn''t stand out, falls down the pecking order and leaves on loan. He wasnt rubbish in the games he played in the prem, he just wasn''t spectacular, which is what some people seem to expect from him.

Gingerpele

you the prem be realistic get rid of this local love fantasy with the guy he was given chance he did preform. we are in the premier league you can''t give a player ten games to prove himself, you simple can''t afford to waste that many games. he was given four game he did nothing went to place did about average. he may have bags of talent but if he can''t be ask like most of the time, then he want be anything
[/quote]

Hi Grant. Can you try training a bit harder please. Not up to scratch apparently.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]
And my point about Moro being a lazy ass is also true, deny it all you want, but it is. Maybe his work rate doesnt reflect on the radio as much as it does on the pitch ?[/quote]
Season ticket holder in the Barclay for your information. 
Unless you have statistics to back up Morisons so called ''laziness'' the I''m going to call bulls**t as much as I want. Morison played up front by himself for the majority of his starts last season, a one man front system requires a different style of effort when compared to a two man front system, it requires more containment than pressing, cut off the man in possessions passing routes rather than press them into mistakes, when Holt played upfront by himself (once, under Lambert vs Everton at home) he played in a similar way, less laziness and more a tactical thing (as anyone with basic football knowledge with know). But don''t worry, insulting people and questioning there devotion to the club is a great replacement for actual points.  

[quote user="Gareth"] blah blah blah blah something about a bank blah blah blah watched blah blah blah[/quote]So to summarize...Lazy

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gareth"] blah blah blah blah something about a bank blah blah blah watched blah blah blah[/quote]So to summarize...Lazy[/quote]
I would feel insulted, but you''re obviously mentally challenged, so I''m not. 

Well lets face it, you have a pov, I have a pov. Nothing either can say will change that so I saw no point in counter arguing your counter argument as you would just have spouted more crud about sitting in the Barcley and lone strikers. Coach a team, come back to me.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well lets face it, you have a pov, I have a pov. Nothing either can say will change that so I saw no point in counter arguing your counter argument as you would just have spouted more crud about sitting in the Barcley and lone strikers. Coach a team, come back to me.[/quote]
I understand a bit about football tactics and like to use that information to point out things that I see in matches. You can''t talk about peoples lack of football knowledge if you refuse to acknowledge one of the most basic principles of the game. 
Also, how do you know I haven''t [;)]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

you do realise he scored 10 league goals despite everyone slagging him off

yet martin scored 7 last year in the championship. I know who i''d rather have

[/quote]

He could have had 40 if he actually ran for a ball rather than point at his feet and tea pot when the pass is 1 yard short
[/quote]

although i believe moro could have worked harder, surely martin is guilty of this also? The difference is i guess, martin doesn''t score enough goals, whereas moro does.