Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

Wes Hoolahan FINALLY called up to Ireland squad!

Just a shame he is injured as i doubt Hughton will let him join the squad for a game only 3 days before the season starts.

Only a knock. Kept out of the squad as a precaution. Hughton, I''m sure, will allow it as its important to Wes.

Can''t help but think that maybe Hughton (Rep. of Ireland legend) may have had a hand in this- however minor or indirect.

Delighted for him. Well deserved.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just a shame he is injured as i doubt Hughton will let him join the squad for a game only 3 days before the season starts.[/quote]

He''s letting Russell Martin and Snodgrass play for Scotland so can''t see why he wouldn''t let Hoolahan go if he is fit.

But not Tierney or Pilks?

I can only assume Pilks has already turned Ireland down (in private) in hope of an England call up, surely there is no other explanation for him not being in their squad?

Oh and well done Wes, very much deserved, was fantastic in League One, just as good (albeit with less goals/direct assists) in the Championship, and has played very well in the Premiership considering most would have probably said he wasn''t good enough to do that.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]But not Tierney or Pilks? I can only assume Pilks has already turned Ireland down (in private) in hope of an England call up, surely there is no other explanation for him not being in their squad?[/quote]

exactly what I was thinking. Ireland can''t have many attacking options that scored 8 premier league goals last season from the wing. He must be holding out for an England call up. Tierney I can understand because of his injury, their scouts can''t have seen him play very much.

He''s pulled out.[url=http://www.fai.ie/international/senior-men/102659.html]http://www.fai.ie/international/senior-men/102659.html[/url]