Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

What has happened to the "biggest transfer budget in NCFC history"?

At the moment the transfer budget  appears to be at least half  the size of the budget given to Lambert last season. The only reasonable fee appears to have been paid for Snodgrass.Of course there are a couple of weeks before the window shuts but at the moment Bowketts statement is making me question what''s happened to this biggest ever transfer budget?

Hughton hasn''t found the right players?

Here''s an example for you, I have X amount of money available to spend on nothing on particular. There is nothing I want to buy. That money doesn''t dispear, it''s still there. Would you like the club to announce every transfer bid, every inquiry and perhaps a weekly release of the accounts?

Such stupid logic.

I have £1000

Im going to spend all of it!

No, why don''t I just save up the cash for something else at another time...

£5m on Hughton (from what I heard), £3m on Snoddy, £2m on Turner, £2m-ish on Butterfield and bigger contracts for Holt and Whittaker.

Oh and the transfer window is still open for another 3 weeks.

Incidentally, Man Citeh haven''t bought anyone yet. They must be skint!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]At the moment the transfer budget  appears to be at least half  the size of the budget given to Lambert last season. The only reasonable fee appears to have been paid for Snodgrass.Of course there are a couple of weeks before the window shuts but at the moment Bowketts statement is making me question what''s happened to this biggest ever transfer budget?[/quote]I don''t recall anybody talking about a "biggest ever transfer budget" but I assume the OP does so, can you tell us who said it, and can you supply a link please?

If McNally was the bright spark we thought he was, the money that went on Hughton would''ve been evened out by the money received for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa but he left us wide open where that was concerned.

We need to spend some real money on a striker.

Also, getting a bit tired of righteous fans having a go at anyone who dares to complain about something. Whenever I''ve commented that I think we need a new striker I''m shouted down by someone who thinks it''s so so wrong of me to not think that everything true club are doing is perfect.

"by the money received for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa but he left us wide open where that was concerned"

your evidence for that

"by someone who thinks it''s so so wrong of me to not think that everything true club are doing is perfect"

I''ve not met or read anyone on here who thinks that way, though I''ve read a fair few on here who think EVERYTHING is WRONG at the club.

Still fair play to you for keeping to the tried and trusted method of making something up and replying to that.

I would be worried and you would have a good point Your Dukeship if we were going for players and being outbid but other lesser clubs but that is not happening. Your whole argument is flawed for all the reasons there have given

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If McNally was the bright spark we thought he was, the money that went on Hughton would''ve been evened out by the money received for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa but he left us wide open where that was concerned.

Also, getting a bit tired of righteous fans having a go at anyone who dares to complain about something. Whenever I''ve commented that I think we need a new striker I''m shouted down by someone who thinks it''s so so wrong of me to not think that everything true club are doing is perfect.
[/quote]I have noticed that trend on this site.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If McNally was the bright spark we thought he was, the money that went on Hughton would''ve been evened out by the money received for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa but he left us wide open where that was concerned. We need to spend some real money on a striker. Also, getting a bit tired of righteous fans having a go at anyone who dares to complain about something. Whenever I''ve commented that I think we need a new striker I''m shouted down by someone who thinks it''s so so wrong of me to not think that everything true club are doing is perfect.[/quote]

There is nothing"righteous" about fans standing up and believing in the players we have already.   No one thinks what we have is perfect - there is always room for improvement and squad strengthening.   What fans get fed up with is people running down our players for no good reason.  Also, there have been no details released about finances regarding Hughton/Lambert - other than guesswork and speculation.

And we have noticed the ''trend'' in your posts

ps any word on your claim that we finished 5 points above relegation or that we would have to go 12 games without winning a point so we could be relegated ... soon ?

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If McNally was the bright spark we thought he was, the money that went on Hughton would''ve been evened out by the money received for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa but he left us wide open where that was concerned.

[/quote]I have noticed that trend on this site.[/quote]

I''m getting fed up of people playing the victim just because someone with a more positive view doesn''t agree with them. No one is having a go at you, someone has disagreed with you, so your playing the victim, well done.

No one is telling you off for suggesting the club isn''t perfect. No one thinks the club is perfect. Get over yourself. Why can''t you just deal with someone not having the same opinion? I think we''ll be fine as we are, I think we''ll still sign some players. I''m allowed to say that, and your allowed to say you think we''ll struggle unless we sign whoever you think we need to sign. Thats that, you don''t need to start moaning that people are being ''righteous'' if you really think that, well I won''t say any more...

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]lso, getting a bit tired of righteous fans having a go at anyone who dares to complain about something. Whenever I''ve commented that I think we need a new striker I''m shouted down by someone who thinks it''s so so wrong of me to not think that everything true club are doing is perfect.[/quote]I have noticed that trend on this site.[/quote]If there is a trend to shout down people, it''s mainly due to people starting threads with claims that are simply not true!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]At the moment the transfer budget  appears to be at least half  the size of the budget given to Lambert last season. The only reasonable fee appears to have been paid for Snodgrass.Of course there are a couple of weeks before the window shuts but at the moment Bowketts statement is making me question what''s happened to this biggest ever transfer budget?[/quote]So why not wait until two weeks time when there might be an answer? Ah, no. Let''s start a thread running the club down instead. [Y]

I''m actually stating to think, that this ''biggest transfer budget'' was just an in theory idea.

Whoever said it, Bowkett or anyone else at the club. They could have said it meaning if we really needed to, we could have the biggest budget. But we don''t need it, we have a squad that finished 12th minus 4 players (two back up, two first team), 2 of which have been replaced, even Wilbraham to an extent has been replaced by Vaughan/Martin. A LB on permanent or loan and we''ll have everyone we need. Leaving more money for an emergency budget in Jan, to pay off debts, and save for next seasons budget and/or stadium expansion.

I''m more than happy for the club not to overspend. As long as the money isn''t disappearing into the boards pockets, alls well in my opinion. And I assume that kind of thing shows up in the accounts that are made public whenever? Maybe someone like Purple Canary knows more about the accounts?

You do realise that the budget is for the whole season and doesn''t have to be spent before a ball has been kicked in anger? I would say we will see at least 1 more in before this window closes then more changes in January.

I can see that it''s going to be 2004-5 all over again.  We''ll lack goals, somehow only notice this in November, buy a decent (though far from household name) striker in the January window and then fall just short of achieving our goal because we didn''t put enough points on the board before the New Year.  You would hope our board members would have learned from the past but it appears we''re going with what we''ve got... let''s hope our goal is another 12th place and not 17th.