Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

WHERE WILL SNODDY PLAY

My understanding is that before the game yesterday it was Hughton`s intention to play Snodgrass just off Holty as we did in the first half, for the Fulham game.It clearly didn`t work and in fact he looked so much better second half in his more familiar right mid field position. I think the manager thinks highly of Snodgrass, will he displace Bennet for the right wing spot, I suspect probably yes.

Yes an hour in the AM positin on a friendly means Snodgrass can''t play that position. Makes so much sense. I honestly don''t know how you weren''t appointed Norwich manager.

P.s

That was sarcastic.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes an hour in the AM positin on a friendly means Snodgrass can''t play that position. Makes so much sense. I honestly don''t know how you weren''t appointed Norwich manager.

P.s

That was sarcastic.[/quote]

Did you read what I said?

I think we can probably expect to see Snodgrass just of the striker and on either wing, depending on the opposition, score and form.

''It clearly didn''t work''

Thats what I read, your saying Snodgrass playing off the main striker doesn''t work. And he''s so much better on the wing. Based on one friendly performance.

I actually thought he had been playing a more central role of Leeds with Gradel on the wing, but maybe he plays the other side.

I think we have flexibility with a midfield of Johnson, Howson, Pilkington, E Bennett and Snodgrass but expect that to be our first choice five if we do go 4-5-1 and would see Snodgrass playing behind Holt/Morison. If we play two strikers then he''d presumably play right wing.

[quote user="G"]I think we can probably expect to see Snodgrass just of the striker and on either wing, depending on the opposition, score and form.[/quote]

Thats probably a fair assessment, he is a very good player IMO and needs to be in the team, his fitness level yesterday was good and he will undoubtedly be trying very hard to make an impression in the Prem. this was a really big move for him. Ginger I am far from judging him on one half, I`m not hugely impressed with your comment, it was interesting to me that Hughton moved him second half and he did look a lot more effective.   

Wing I would expect. Wasnt really impressed with his role yesterday, although as stated earlier it was one game and the guys been with the squad what, 2 weeks ? Although I was going to say that Snoddy should be playing with Big Ears.....

[8]Make way for Snoddy (SNODDY!)He''ll lead the forward playMake way for Snoddy (SNODDY!)Wesley''s on his wayMake way for Snoddy (SNODDY!)Shout a big "hooray!"With crosses singing, balls pingingOnto Holty''s headSnoddy''s here - you''re dead![8]