Sign in to follow this  
thegovernor1

Outgoing player to Sunderland!!!

just a heads up, a player from our club will be heading to Sunderland I believe it will be Wes Hoolahan. I''m sure I will get slated and someone will want to know the source but I cannot divulge on that info.

The person is pretty reliable too.

Many thanks

I''m not so sure Wes will feature that greatly in our first 11, so wouldn''t be surprised if this is true.  If we can get 1-1.5m its not a bead deal.  It looks like we may well go 4-5-1 next season, and I doubt he''ll be first choice.  Plus it''d free up a spot in the 25 for another striker.

Meh, may not happen, not the end of the world if it does though...

Does it really matter if Wes leaves? He''ll be one of our highest earners and is getting on a bit with about 6 other players that can substitute for him in his position (Howson, Butterfield, Snodgrass, Martin, Bennett & Pilkington). Good move IMO and will free up another place for a quality signing.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Does it really matter if Wes leaves? He''ll be one of our highest earners and is getting on a bit with about 6 other players that can substitute for him in his position (Howson, Butterfield, Snodgrass, Martin, Bennett & Pilkington). Good move IMO and will free up another place for a quality signing.[/quote]If having only one striker up front, then Wes is the best player to link the midfield with the lone striker.

Hoolahan provides that extra dimension we lack without him although I doubt he''ll play all the time!

Anyway we need to improve out squad not weaken it!

I thought Holt was going to Sunderland and we were getting the ever hopeless boy blunder in return ?

ZITTY TO CITY was to be the headline

If you have Sessegnon, you don''t need Wes.Morison''s a good bet. They have no strikers of any quality and Fletcher from Wolves is proving hard to sign.

[quote user="thegovernor1"]just a heads up, a player from our club will be heading to Sunderland I believe it will be Wes Hoolahan. I''m sure I will get slated and someone will want to know the source but I cannot divulge on that info. The person is pretty reliable too. Many thanks[/quote]

Somebody''s cousin presumably?

I''ve heard similar because sessignon is off to man city...... wouldn''t be a big loss IMO. I don''t like it when we''ve changed our formation to accommodate a ''free role'' in Hoolahan and we will hopefully get a good fee.

[quote user="City1st"]

I thought Holt was going to Sunderland and we were getting the ever hopeless boy blunder in return ?

ZITTY TO CITY was to be the headline

[/quote]Classic ! Sign up Volcanno face please !

[quote user="thegovernor1"]just a heads up, a player from our club will be heading to Sunderland I believe it will be Wes Hoolahan. I''m sure I will get slated and someone will want to know the source but I cannot divulge on that info.

The person is pretty reliable too.

Many thanks[/quote]

Not sure Wes is a Martin O''Neill type player so hopefully this rumour is untrue. Every player has his day though but I would be seriously jarred off if he was sold - the boy is one of the finest ever to pull on canary yellow. We''ve seen it before, fact is that when Wes is injured or left out we often look a shadow in terms of spark and creativity. If he is sold I fear we could regret that piece of business big style!. 

Selling Hoolahan would be a disaster if we are intent on playing one up front this season. He links the midfield and attack superbly. He could be the real hub of this system feeding Holt as well as other runners from wide areas like Pilkington, Bennett or Snodgrass.