Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Rumour Mill running hot

The rumour mill is in overdrive at the moment and general transfer activityacross the league seems to have picked up over the last 24 hours.

One thing I don''t really understand is why teams make alot of moves in this final week before the season kicks off. It doesn''t leave the new players anytime to settle in or become familar with structures or teammates. Why not get the deal done in pre-season so there is time to acclimate to the new surroundings. Anyway, just some thoughts!!!

Below are some of the rumour making the rounds about NCFC, if nothing else it is an entertaining read:

• 12 Aug 2012 20:03:47I have it on very good authority Ozzy Alonso of the Sounders is very close to completing a deal to join EPL side Norwich City who are also very interested in signing Fredy Montero also of the Sounders
  • 12 Aug 2012 17:20:59huddersfield to sign james vaughan for 1.25m. birmingham were also interested but wont meet norwichs asking price. watch this space!
  • 12 Aug 2012 09:03:57Norwich, desperate to sign a left back have made a bid to loan Armand Traore from QPR who is rumoured to be unhappy after the signing of Fabio.
  • 12 Aug 2012 00:46:40Norwich agree 3.5m fee with Birmingham for Curtis Davies.
  • 12 Aug 2012 00:29:49Nikola zigic set to leave birmingham for mallorca, which should free up funds for norwich striker james vaughan
  • 10 Aug 2012 18:09:22Norwich City have successfully negotiated a fee for Birmingham City''s centre half Curtis Davies and will complete this deal next week
  • 12 Aug 2012 13:34:36Hot off the press, Owen turns down Stoke in favour of Norwich and will sign a deal in time to play at Fulham
  • 12 Aug 2012 11:37:17Chris Hughton is preparing a bid for Tom Ince of Blackpool. Norwich have reportedly had a bid accepted for Davies.
  • 12 Aug 2012 11:35:40Norwich have renewed their interest in Kyle Naughton

2 Aug 2012 20:03:47

I have it on very good authority Ozzy Alonso of the Sounders is very close to completing a deal to join EPL side Norwich City who are also very interested in signing Fredy Montero also of the Sounders

- Can''t really see it, given Norwich''s reluctance to sign anyone from outside the UK in recent years

12 Aug 2012 17:20:59

huddersfield to sign james vaughan for 1.25m. birmingham were also interested but wont meet norwichs asking price. watch this space!

- Why on earth would Vaughan - clearly a big part of CH''s Premiership plans - want to drop down a division to Huddersfield?! We don''t really need the money, 1.25m wouldn''t buy us anything useful. Only way this might happen is as a p/x deal for Rhodes, but I very much doubt even that.

12 Aug 2012 09:03:57

Norwich, desperate to sign a left back have made a bid to loan Armand Traore from QPR who is rumoured to be unhappy after the signing of Fabio.

- Can see this one being a possibility. We need cover at LB desperately, Traore has experience and on loan would be a decent signing

12 Aug 2012 00:46:40

Norwich agree 3.5m fee with Birmingham for Curtis Davies.

- One can always hope... I think they''ll want more though sadly.

12 Aug 2012 00:29:49

Nikola zigic set to leave birmingham for mallorca, which should free up funds for norwich striker James Vaughan

- Same as Vaughan comment above, Can''t see it unless as a swap for Davies, and even then unlikely... Aren''t Birmingham under a transfer embargo anyhow?

10 Aug 2012 18:09:22

Norwich City have successfully negotiated a fee for Birmingham City''s centre half Curtis Davies and will complete this deal next week

- Hope so

12 Aug 2012 13:34:36

Hot off the press, Owen turns down Stoke in favour of Norwich and will sign a deal in time to play at Fulham

- If he''s on a pay-as-you-play deal or very low wages and big goal bonus or something, then this could be a fantastic move. Can''t see McNally agreeing to silly wages for him TBH.

12 Aug 2012 11:37:17

Chris Hughton is preparing a bid for Tom Ince of Blackpool. Norwich have reportedly had a bid accepted for Davies.

Davies - As above. Ince - Good player, but unless we''re going to be playing a 3-7-0 formation this year I''m not sure where he''ll fit into the team... Wouldn''t mind signing him and then loaning him back to Blackpool for the season though to gain more experience...

12 Aug 2012 11:35:40

Norwich have renewed their interest in Kyle Naughton

- I think most of us never lost interest...

Why is the Owen one funny? If he wants to play in the Prem, which he does, he''s refusing to go elsewhere, he''s not going to be able to demand much, because every club that might be thinking about buying him knows he wants to play Premiership football, not pick up his last pay packet (or he''d be off to Russia, or China, or Qatar or USA).

No he can''t, because then he won''t get into a premiership club, and he''ll have to retire.

He''s been a free agent for a month and a half, and it was announced before that his contract wasn''t being extended. He clearly isn''t attracting the attention he wants. If he really really wants to carry on playing (and he only wants to do that in the premiership) he''s going to get paid what he''s told he''s getting paid.

And who do you think we are? Colchester? Where ever Owen goes, it''ll be a pay as you play contract, which for a start means he can get paid more than anyone else for each game. Because he won''t be playing every game.

We Haven''t agreed on much recently GP but here we do.

Owen has clearly stated he wants to play in the Premier League. Money should not be an issue to him (similar to Huckerby) he could go to China if he wanted theat. Why would anybody want to play for stoke if they didn''t need the money ?

Everton or Maybe Sunderland would be a fair shout but if he wants to play and would be reasonable on a pay as you play it might be realistic.

Just seen a ridiculous retweet from one of those pretend agents on Twitter. Apparently we''ve accepted a £4.5m bid for Wes from ASTON VILLA!

Hahahahahaha!

Seriously, why do they even bother.

the word here in the midlands is that Curtis Davies/Norwich thing is moving forward, so Norwich must have put a bid in without any news catching on?I hope it happens personally

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Just seen a ridiculous retweet from one of those pretend agents on Twitter. Apparently we''ve accepted a £4.5m bid for Wes from ASTON VILLA!

Hahahahahaha!

Seriously, why do they even bother.[/quote]

Actually i wouldn''t be surprised if this was true, I''ve not seen this chap get anything wrong yet and is the most reliable person i follow on twitter, he has announced stuff weeks before the media or rumour mill talks about it so i personally think this is true, and personally its a great deal for us, Hoolahan has been fantastic for us but we have so much quality in that position!!!

You have to remember also there have been whispers of Hoolahan leaving all summer , would be a great bit of business at £4 million because i cannot see him featuring much now we have Butterfield and Snodgrass . Would Lambert pay that much for a player he did not always start for Norwich though ? doubtful .

Yeah, I agree ellis.

Agent_NCP seems to be quite reliable. I follow him too, although I am quite new to Twitter. Not entirely sure how I''d feel about it. Wes is easily our most creative player and at times last season we looked lost without him. I know we have players that can play in his position now but they are as yet unproven at this level. I''m sure they will develop into huge players for us but do we have the luxury of time?