Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Michael Oliver

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]is the referee on Saturday.

Not an ideal start.[/quote]

Oh joy!

The man is out of his depth, how he continues to ref in the prem is beyond me, sums up the pathetic standard of refereeing in this country.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Top pocket like a toaster, more cards than Paul Daniels etc etc.

The game has a sending off and a pen written all over it.[/quote]   well, you need a pen to write. sorry, couldn''t help it.

Choose which - we concede a doubtful penalty, we are denied a cast iron one or have a player sent off wrongly?

Could be all three with this man!

Ive still never forgiven him for that card against Holt in 2010/11 in the 3-3 draw with reading[img]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/fil_reading_norwich_077_1_728288!image/3432594651.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/3432594651.jpg[/img]

Turner will "bring down" Rodallega, red card, penalty, 1-0 Fulham and the rout begins.  It''s hard enough to play 11 men when you''re away from home but playing against 12 with 10 is - well.  I could go on but I''d only depress myself.  They''re going to carve us up like a Christmas turkey.

Should Michael Oliver have anything resembling a conscience, he might just balance things up in this next game. He certainly owes us one after Holts dismissal against Reading…

I shudder at the thought of ever seeing the man (loosely used) on the pitch again, however he was not necessarily the omen of doom we associate with him last season. 
City 0-2 Spurs, can''t remember him doing anythting particularly horrid here, just a typical match against a team in the form of their modern lives.
WBA 1 - 2 City, Cup win this time, not sure I can remember him up to much here, a classic smash and grab away performance from City.
Stoke 1 - 0 City, possibly the worst match I have ever attended in my life. Luckily for Oliver it was down to Stoke. The tactics, stadium, town - so depressing...
Spurs 1 - 2 City, one of the key matches of the season with City largely dominating Spurs to. How different it could have been had Spurs scored a second, or even a third with Oliver obviously still thinking about Stokes Rugby tactics and allowing King to get away with tackle on Holt more often seen at Twickenham than the Premier League. Thank God it was our day and not his - again. 
So its two apiece in the results stakes, however the one match containing the M Oliver shockers we so readily associate with him appeared in one of our best matches. So lets keep the faith and give him a smile if you close enough in the Putney End on Saturday, you never know he might just do us a favour one day!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Still not as bad as the ref away at Tranmere... [:S][/quote]

Eddie Ilderton I believe. Absolutely atrocious officiating. The guy was never in control of the game. I remember Lambert''s furious antics were pretty hilarious though.