Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Emilio Izaguirre Linked

Celtic''s Honduran left back Emilio Izaguirre has been linked with a £5m switch to Norwich City with James Vaughan set to be used as a makeweight

As reported by the Scottish Sun

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4484372/5m-Izzy-bid.html

Great signing if true but a tad bit on the expensive side

Apparently he had a trial with Ipswich in 2008 before Celtic signed him :(

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emilio_Izaguirre#section_1

[quote user="Rob"]Apparently he had a trial with Ipswich in 2008 before Celtic signed him :( [/quote]
I don''t want him then. Oh Izaguirre, you''ll always be scum... (For the record, this post is not meant seriously)

I think what happened was he went there on trial did extremely well but thought, " this place is sh!te" and decided to go play for a bigger and much better club in Celtic. (This post is also not meant to be serious)

Sounds like a good player. Wish Vaughan would stop being linked as a makeweight in every rumour, if he can stay fit he could be immense for us this season. (I know that''s a big if)

Would be a good signing and it makes sense to sign him. But Vaughan moving worries me, he''s been our best striker pre-season.

How arrogant are their fans? Deluded about the Champs League where yet again they will just be making up the numbers!!!

Unless he can play Right or Left back I say we dont want him !

The beauty with Naughton was that he covered both allowing us to mix and match Tierney , Russell Martin , Drury and him

I cant see the logic in spending big bucks covering the player that was probably player of the season until his injury last year.

I he''s 5M lets pay 7M for Naughton

lol how arrogant are those Celtic fans, one even said we have a squad of league One qulaity players. Still comfortably beat them twice in the last couple of months. Also  don''t understand how Norwich are a step down from them when we are in the best league in the world and they are not even in the top 10.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Unless he can play Right or Left back I say we dont want him !

The beauty with Naughton was that he covered both allowing us to mix and match Tierney , Russell Martin , Drury and him

I cant see the logic in spending big bucks covering the player that was probably player of the season until his injury last year.

I he''s 5M lets pay 7M for Naughton

[/quote]

Spot on. Naughton would make much more sense.

We can''t afford to lose a striker!! Would be a bad move in my opinion, if Teirney gets injured we have good enough cover for now. Wouldn''t want to risk losing vaughan unless a proven Striker comes in too.

I''ve seen him play on TV and he was Celtic''s best player by a mile.  He is very quick and would be welcome competition for Tierney.  I think Izaguirre would cost less on the transfer fee, less on wages and if Vaughan is off somewhere then it is good to offload him to someone quickly and save his wages.Assuming this deal will be done we need another forward who has a bit of pace, not injury prone and knows where the back of the net is.  Someone like Defoe would be excellent but he is out of our league unfortunately.

think I peed a few Celtic fans off when i logged in to their forum and told them how arrogant they were after what they put about our alleged bid for Izaguirre and there response to that bid!!!

this is what happened when I tried to log in:

You have been banned for the following reason:

F**k off to Delias for tea and never come back !!

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

the f word was actually in full!!!

They obviously don''t have a sense of humour up there!!! lol!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]

think I peed a few Celtic fans off when i logged in to their forum and told them how arrogant they were after what they put about our alleged bid for Izaguirre and there response to that bid!!!

this is what happened when I tried to log in:

You have been banned for the following reason:

F**k off to Delias for tea and never come back !!

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

the f word was actually in full!!!

They obviously don''t have a sense of humour up there!!! lol!!

[/quote]And follow Wiz around like stuck record calling him a troll[*-)]

never called Wiz a troll actually!!!! was just curious to see what the fans up there thought and they were extremely derogatory so I told them so, how is that trolling?

If the Italian Sky Sports are true then we are getting Javier Garrido at left back on loan with a view to buy. I''d be chuffed with either one of these in defense.