Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City and Lambert were both wrong to part.

They were symbiotic, and without each other will struggle imo.

I blame neither side, but both sides should have thought it out more clearly. In any relationship, arguements, spats, will happen, but Lambert and Norwich, Norwich and Lambert, was a marriage blessed by by the Gods themselves.

All parties involved in this very public divorce will soon come to realise that no one has won, yet everyone''s lost.

And thats the sad part.

[quote user="Wiz"]

I blame neither side, but both sides should have thought it out more clearly. In any relationship, arguements, spats, will happen, but Lambert and Norwich, Norwich and Lambert, was a marriage blessed by by the Gods themselves.

All parties involved in this very public divorce will soon come to realise that no one has won, yet everyone''s lost.

And thats the sad part.

[/quote]

Yeah, right ! Congratulations on number 17,717.

Our club has over a century of history behind us. Lambert''s time here was just a small (albeit very enjoyable) part of that. Similarly I believe Lambert will go onto good things, and that by the end of his career we will have just been a small (albeit very enjoyable) part of his history.It''s time to move on.

[quote user="Wiz"]

And thats the sad part.

[/quote]

I think this is the opening paragraph of ''Fifty Shades of Yellow & Green'', if each of you contribute a new paragraph (my money''s on Lapp to give us the bondage stuff) we''ll have a money making classic!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

So what exactly went on Wiz in this " very public divorce " because unless it has passed me by i have not the slightest idea as to what actually happened.Was it Mr.McNasty falling out with Lambert or was it the other way round ? Pure guess work will not be good enough as we have read enough of that by the bucket full since he left.Facts and facts only as surely you know as it was a " very public divorce " according to you.

Of couse you could just be trolling or attention seeking.[:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

So what exactly went on Wiz in this " very public divorce " because unless it has passed me by i have not the slightest idea as to what actually happened.Was it Mr.McNasty falling out with Lambert or was it the other way round ? Pure guess work will not be good enough as we have read enough of that by the bucket full since he left.Facts and facts only as surely you know as it was a " very public divorce " according to you.

Of couse you could just be trolling or attention seeking.[:D]

[/quote]......what? wiz attention seeking? who would have guessed it.

[quote user="Wiz"]

And thats the sad part.

[/quote] What a surprise wiz in a tiz and talking utter tosh as normal, Your boring so give it a rest. Its the same rubbished re hashed and put on again since last week. Get behind Hughton and stop dwelling over the past or F*CK OFF 17000 posts of negative crap. Your a joke of a fan, thats if you even are a Norwich fan

[quote user="Wiz"]

They might be symbiotic, and without each other may struggle imo.

All parties involved in this very public divorce might soon come to realise that no one has won, yet everyone''s lost.

And thats could be the sad part.

[/quote]My edits in boldWiz, I have a great deal of respect for your hexes, but can you really see into the future? If we get relegated with Villa then you can come back on the board and triumphantly tell us how right you were, but if not, you''re just asking for yet more abuse. Why do you do this? Some sort of masochistic streak?If you really are psychic, wouldn''t you be better off arranging a couple of lottery wins and giving them to the club? I''m sure they''ll find a seat in the director''s box next to Stephen Fry for you after that. [;)]

Lambo did it to get away from the crap uttered by Wiz, I heard he couldn''t stand it anymore.

From a City supporter''s viewpoint i do kinda agree with you, Wiz.

However.. If i step back, it''s clear that Lambert could not match what he has already achieved here by staying with us.

Does qualifying for the europa league really excite him?

After picking up a club who''s just been thrashed on the opening day in league one, going on to winning them IMMEDIATE back to back promotions - then showing the world that they could mix it with the world''s best... Where could he go?!

What goal would he set himself this season were he here? If it was a Europa league place - i can''t see how he would achieve it without breaking some of his own beleifs, if we got to december looking strong, there would be a flood of exits that would be outside of his control - He would then be managing a squad destined for free fall.

We just haven''t got the pull to keep our stars were we to get to that level & we haven''t got the money to double up on all positions with absolute quality - i don''t know how we can get it either!! It would take 5-10 years as an established club and maybe some fluke cup runs. We need really need to start establishing some history here, i hope CH takes the FA Cup seriously this year.

Sadly, Villa are estabilshed as a big club, and with that comes the pull for players around the world... I don''t think we could even hold local lads were we to start becoming a top half club?!

He''s a great great manager, and he''s moved on - I STILL feel like crying when i see images of him on the touchline for City last season, it''s heartbreaking for me... But, we''ve got to let go and get behind CH, no matter how hard it seems now. Things are going to be different, and it''s clear we''re going to have some real bore-draws this season. But what can we do?

What i say to myself is let''s take that love for Lambo and remember his almost continuous rapture for the supporters, and his continuous call to arms for the supporters to give it there all and back the team as hard as we can.

If we don''t keep that mantra going, then his time here will be wasted in a matter of months.

If we''re bottom 3 come christmas, then yes, that''s the time to seriously start to question.

You forget that wiz has the benefit of seeing things from his position standing on the halfway line in the old City Stand (1960''s)

His is a priviliged position, one shared by no other visitor to Carrow Road ... so maybe a bit of respect should be afforded.

Personally I would welcome the odd memory and anecdote from his time sat in the much missed Wensum Stand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79QDhBtmDdk

a latter day wiz

My god man, you don''t half talk some b*llocks! Managers always come and go, you''re in the state of mind that Lambert should have been to us what Ferguson is to Manchester United.

Sorry mate, but that just doesn''t happen very often. Paul Lambert had a damn fine time here, but we all know his time had come to an end. What more he could have done, we won''t know. But I''m betting the "magic" would have dried up.

Another day and Wiz once again paints a large target on his chest....

Why do it Wiz?

Wiz is a prime example of why mothers shouldn''t still be breast-feeding their kids when they''re five years old.......

[quote user="lappinitup"]Wiz is a prime example of why mothers shouldn''t still be breast-feeding their kids when they''re five years old.......
[/quote]

This conjured up ( in my mind ) that Wizard was actually the child of "Cumfy, Mum?" of Ardee fame. Could it be.......could it possibly be? It would certainly expain all these cockles he keeps regurgitating. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Lol!.....just like you did with Cody! [:D]
[/quote]

Nope, I can''t because we kept players worse than him for the wrong reasons. I''ll probably be able to move on once they are gone.

I disagree with you Wizard completely. Even if Lambert fails at Villa I don''t think he would regret taking the job. Managing Norwich and constantly chalking up finishes between 15th-8th with the odd cup assault would never have been for him in the long run.

The man is ambitious and a risk taker always striving to go higher. He left Motherwell and took a massive chance by going on trial to Germany with Dortmund. He could easily have fallen flat on his face. But the gamble him a European champion and eventually a Celtic hero. He could have stayed in a comfort zone at Motherwell and been a decent SPL player but that has never been his style.

He wants to achieve the same things as a manager. I doubt he actually thinks Villa can get him there but he clearly thinks they probably can get him a step closer than Norwich could. Giving everything the man has achieved in the last 3 years I am not going to criticise his judgement and say he has made a mistake. He knows what he is doing when it comes to this football thing!

Hughton has to be given a chance. He has a very strong track record as a and hasn''t failed in management yet. He also comes with a superb reputation within the game. We don''t know whether Norwich have "lost" yet as a result of him leaving. Hughton may actually give us the new ideas, impetus and motivation we need to consolidate. Maybe the signings haven''t been box office and I would have like to have seen a couple more. But that isn''t the man''s style. He has reputation for moulding unheralded players into a strong competitive unit.

I would be the first to admit that the pre season campaign has been worrying . But lets see how the team shapes up in a competitive situation. Pre season before promotion saw us draw blanks against the might of Stevenage, Dagenham and Lincoln. Hardly an indication of the epic campaign that was to follow. So lets just enjoy the new season build up now. The Olympics was a fantastic diversion but life is certainly poorer without football being around!

Wiz - these words came out of David McNally''s mouth, re Paul Lambert

"We were hoping to keep him for one more year, but it didn''t work out"

That I know as a FACT.

Do tell us what you know as FACT

I would suggest that the decision to leave Norwich City was not entirely of Lambert''s making, hence him ending up at rather a deadend at Villa

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]From a City supporter''s viewpoint i do kinda agree with you, Wiz. However.. If i step back, it''s clear that Lambert could not match what he has already achieved here by staying with us. Does qualifying for the europa league really excite him? After picking up a club who''s just been thrashed on the opening day in league one, going on to winning them IMMEDIATE back to back promotions - then showing the world that they could mix it with the world''s best... Where could he go?! What goal would he set himself this season were he here? If it was a Europa league place - i can''t see how he would achieve it without breaking some of his own beleifs, if we got to december looking strong, there would be a flood of exits that would be outside of his control - He would then be managing a squad destined for free fall. We just haven''t got the pull to keep our stars were we to get to that level & we haven''t got the money to double up on all positions with absolute quality - i don''t know how we can get it either!! It would take 5-10 years as an established club and maybe some fluke cup runs. We need really need to start establishing some history here, i hope CH takes the FA Cup seriously this year. Sadly, Villa are estabilshed as a big club, and with that comes the pull for players around the world... I don''t think we could even hold local lads were we to start becoming a top half club?! He''s a great great manager, and he''s moved on - I STILL feel like crying when i see images of him on the touchline for City last season, it''s heartbreaking for me... But, we''ve got to let go and get behind CH, no matter how hard it seems now. Things are going to be different, and it''s clear we''re going to have some real bore-draws this season. But what can we do? What i say to myself is let''s take that love for Lambo and remember his almost continuous rapture for the supporters, and his continuous call to arms for the supporters to give it there all and back the team as hard as we can. If we don''t keep that mantra going, then his time here will be wasted in a matter of months. If we''re bottom 3 come christmas, then yes, that''s the time to seriously start to question.[/quote]

This why I bother to write on here, brilliant replies like Skijumptoes. its eaily worth the barking of the pack and bleating of the sheep with their one line put downs.

Tilly:

In respect of Sky, the national press especially the birmingham mail, messageboards etc made it very public.

PS. From Saturday, CH will have all my support as the new campaign begins, if God forbid we lose, Saturday night on here will not see me ranting, I suggest some of my detractors will behave somewhat different!

"their one line put downs"

A one line question -

Where was the City Stand located in the 1960''s as you claimed ?

Well City1st Lambert set the seed in week leading up to the Liverpool game! He was to have told MacNally that he wasn''t going to carry on after this season, MacNally / The Club asked him not to say anything, but he let the cat out of the bag for me Post Villa with his speach which when you heard it was obviously a fairwell speach and then not to come out to celebrate with the players and fans said loads to me about his lack of respect to the club he was leaving including the fans.

But I sort of get where Wiz is coming from on this, more that the two parties like Swansea and Rodgers suited each other! but that is only true until the performances start to go down hill! Even Lambert would have been under more pressure this season!

Come on 4 days to go and it''s Hughton''s City in the Premiership.

[quote user="Jacko"]I disagree with you Wizard completely. Even if Lambert fails at Villa I don''t think he would regret taking the job. Managing Norwich and constantly chalking up finishes between 15th-8th with the odd cup assault would never have been for him in the long run.

The man is ambitious and a risk taker always striving to go higher. He left Motherwell and took a massive chance by going on trial to Germany with Dortmund. He could easily have fallen flat on his face. But the gamble him a European champion and eventually a Celtic hero. He could have stayed in a comfort zone at Motherwell and been a decent SPL player but that has never been his style.

He wants to achieve the same things as a manager. I doubt he actually thinks Villa can get him there but he clearly thinks they probably can get him a step closer than Norwich could. Giving everything the man has achieved in the last 3 years I am not going to criticise his judgement and say he has made a mistake. He knows what he is doing when it comes to this football thing!

Hughton has to be given a chance. He has a very strong track record as a and hasn''t failed in management yet. He also comes with a superb reputation within the game. We don''t know whether Norwich have "lost" yet as a result of him leaving. Hughton may actually give us the new ideas, impetus and motivation we need to consolidate. Maybe the signings haven''t been box office and I would have like to have seen a couple more. But that isn''t the man''s style. He has reputation for moulding unheralded players into a strong competitive unit.

I would be the first to admit that the pre season campaign has been worrying . But lets see how the team shapes up in a competitive situation. Pre season before promotion saw us draw blanks against the might of Stevenage, Dagenham and Lincoln. Hardly an indication of the epic campaign that was to follow. So lets just enjoy the new season build up now. The Olympics was a fantastic diversion but life is certainly poorer without football being around![/quote]I''m sorry but that isn''t really a terrible risk, if your good enough for Dortmund to look at you in the first place then your far too good to be playing for Motherwell, if Dortmund didn''t sign him up then he would of ended up at a club 3x the size of Motherwell anyway. But I agree with what your saying, and realistically without looking at it in a bias view, Villa is a bigger draw than Norwich for a manager and players, bigger fan base, bigger stadium, more money (allegedly), more history etc, we had a good season last year but that doesn''t automatically make it a step down by going to Villa. Lambert was only ever going to leave us for Villa, Everton, Newcastle or a club of that sort of stature, those clubs are a step up from us, the one that did surprise me though was Liverpool going for Rodgers, I think he will fall flat on his face there, Swanseas footballing philosophy was brought in by Martinez, all the hard work had already been done for Rodgers.