Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

COC draw.

Not to be taken too lightly after they came back from 3-0 down at HT to get through last night...

The sooner we''re out of it the better. I noticed Malky was ejected last night and a good thing as that probably cost them promotion last season after reaching the final.

[quote user="paul moy"]The sooner we''re out of it the better. I noticed Malky was ejected last night and a good thing as that probably cost them promotion last season after reaching the final.[/quote]

Really? Everyone loves a cup run and surely a chance for squad players to get some game time and a rest the first-teamers.

''If'' there wasn''t a game (we were out of it) the players would be rested

ps I don''t think we have a first team any more, we have a squad

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Lappin Korey Barnett Rudd Martin Francomb Adeyami Butterfield.....can you see any of these getting much game time this season? Nope. So a cup run gives these guys a chance to try to impress.

" So a cup run gives these guys a chance to try to impress."

Where is the presumption that there will be a cup run ?

I would also suggest that the players are watched during training, rather than simply one game against a lower league team.

Personally I think we should be challenging for every trophy

I wouldnt be to quick to discount Hughton''s interest in the cups, remember at Birmingham last season they took the Europa league seriously and advanced as far as they could when it was clearly going to be detrimental to a club with a Championship campaign in their diary aswell.

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Im just praying that we don''t have to do another Leicester.[/quote]
Scunthorpe at home, not bad draw really.

[quote user="City penguin"]You can''t see Butterfield getting much game time?[/quote]

No, i cant see it to be honest. I think he will be down the order in our vast list of midfielders.

And city 1st....im not presuming there will be a cup run, im hoping for one for the reasons i have stated.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I wouldnt be to quick to discount Hughton''s interest in the cups, remember at Birmingham last season they took the Europa league seriously and advanced as far as they could when it was clearly going to be detrimental to a club with a Championship campaign in their diary aswell.[/quote]

Precisely and emphasises my point. Birmingham, by the time they reached the play-offs were a shadow of themselves earlier in the season. If we take the Cups seriously and reach a final we will go down.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I wouldnt be to quick to discount Hughton''s interest in the cups, remember at Birmingham last season they took the Europa league seriously and advanced as far as they could when it was clearly going to be detrimental to a club with a Championship campaign in their diary aswell.[/quote]

Precisely and emphasises my point. Birmingham, by the time they reached the play-offs were a shadow of themselves earlier in the season. If we take the Cups seriously and reach a final we will go down.

[/quote]

I don''t know if this is a fair comparision with Birmingham last season (maybe the season before when they went down though?).

Birmingham must have played around 10 games in the Europa league last season plus a further 8 Championship matches over and above what you''d play in the Premiership. You''re only asking us to play 5 matches to get to Wembley?

Yeah, a cup run really shouldn''t be that hard... Season before last we played minimum of 48 games, last season and this it''s a min of 40 games, why can''t the players manage an extra 4/5? Well they can, so only reason not to bother with the cup is if your in real danger or scared of the small chance of getting a player injured. But then why not just rest all your first tea players against the teams were not going to beat? Just as likely to get injured in those games...

With the amount of blank space on a premier league fixture list - our very well paid players ought to be able to challenge for a League Cup.

If just staying up every year is just going to be our objective - its going to get very boring, very quickly!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

I don''t know if this is a fair comparision with Birmingham last season (maybe the season before when they went down though?).

Birmingham must have played around 10 games in the Europa league last season plus a further 8 Championship matches over and above what you''d play in the Premiership. You''re only asking us to play 5 matches to get to Wembley?

[/quote]

It''s not just a matter of number of games and injuries/tiredeness etc but also of taking focus off of the Prem, and there are numerous examples.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not just a matter of number of games and injuries/tiredeness etc but also of taking focus off of the Prem, and there are numerous examples.

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Lappin Korey Barnett Rudd Martin Francomb Adeyami Butterfield.....can you see any of these getting much game time this season? Nope. So a cup run gives these guys a chance to try to impress.[/quote]...i expect butterfield to get more game time than wes.

Do the players get paid extra for cup games. I shouln''t think so, apart from a win/final bonus so the incoome from these games makes a contribution to the wages bill. There will be a pretty good turn out even for the CoCo (or whatever) even against Scunny the way our attendances are going these bounteous days.

More cup runs the better for me, whatever. Always used to be fun even in the days when our squad choices were less limited. Lamb didn;t appear to fancy them though.