Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Mulryne to Forest for 50K?

I too feel he is surplus to requirements but I have to say I thought he was worth more than that. Premiership squad player, Northern Ireland international? Still I suppose if he can just walk away anything is better than nothing. Perhaps something might be coming in the other direction - Dawson, Commons?

It''s on the sky sports website - be good business if we could get a bit more, if Malky went for 300k I''m sure we could do better then 50k for Mullers?

His contract is up at the end of the season, so £50k now and not having to pay his wages for a few months is better than losing him on a free at the end of the season and having to pay his wages whilst he wastes on the bench or in the reserves.

The main point is to get him off the wage bill. If he is out of contract in the summer, we will hadly get a penny for him now. £50k would enable the club to give everyone who bought a shirt this season £1 off next seasons strip!

Norwich City midfielder Phil Mulryne is thought to be considering a move to Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest.

The Northern Ireland international has struggled to be a first team regular at Carrow Road this season, with the 27-year-old having been battling with a groin injury.

Read more on Sky

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=262787&CPID=10&CLID=&lid=4&title=Mulryne+ponders+Forest+move&channel=Championship

IMO any fee we can get for a player who has barely played for us in the last 2 years and is not going to get another contract in a couple of months, is a bonus.  We''ll probably save 5K a week for the rest of the season

I think we should be getting at least 100-150k for him even if he hasn''t played much. I''ve heard that Kris Kommons may be moving the other way at the end of the season. What do you think about that??

kathy both reid and dawson went to spurs so no chance of getting either.  i doubt kommons will come here with leon, hucks,jarvis and possibly ashon were a bit overladed with forwards right now.

Dawson could possibly be a season-long loan option, Spurs appear to have a fair few players that won''t get a lot of games. I can see Jol offering one or two of the peripheral players out on season-long loans to help them progress. Dawson would possibly come under that category, and as a renowned footballing side and likely not to be in direct competition with Spurs next season, we could easily be a viable option.

Out here in Tanzania, the currency is in Shillings - 2,000 of them to the pound.  If I hear someone talking about 50 grand, my automatic internal currency converter kicks in and I quickly work out that that means 25 quid.

Bargain!  We could get a bottle of cheap bubbly for Auntie Delia for that!

Swahili Proverb: Kitu kizuri chajiuza chenyewe (''A good thing sells itself'')

Bon Voyage Mullers; you will be remembered as the nearly man who''s finest hour came when he scored off the ref at Reading...