Sign in to follow this  
ben86

Good Luck For The Season

Sup, thought I''d come on and wish you guys good luck for the coming season. Being a Saints fan I haven''t been on here since we were both in league 1, so nice to see how both clubs have came on over the last few years. Be interesting to hear how you lot think you''re gonna get on this year and how you think we might get on, think you''ve strengthened enough to avoid trouble again?

Avoid trouble AGAIN?

We didn''t have any trouble last season!

Personally I think saints, wigan and west ham will go down.

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Avoid trouble AGAIN?

We didn''t have any trouble last season!

Personally I think saints, wigan and west ham will go down.[/quote]

Well this is pleasant :-) I think you''ll find that''s exactly what he means :-)

I think it will be between us, you and Westham for 18th place. Wigan and west brom to go down. I am a little bit suprised you haven''t strengthend but I think Jay Rod is a quality signing, would of loved him here. Im sure if we kept Lambert we would have been safe easily again this season

Yeah I had Wigan, West Brom and yourselves tbh, but I''ve barely seen a game since we''ve been out of the prem so no idea really! We''ll go down for certain with our current squad but we''ll be bringing it at least another 3 more players, I wouldn''t be suprised to see us spend another 15+mill, we just take ages with transfers. I''m not hugely into Jay tbh, I wanted Rhodes or Hooper personally and he''s keeping Sharp out the team who I think is a better player, can see Sharp being our top scorer if he gets enough game time.

I think it will be a real dogfight between as many as 8 clubs this season to avoid the drop. all 3 promoted sides survived last seasonthe first time in ages./ Statistically the chances of all 3 promoted clubs staying up is slight but which one or 2 may go down is hard to say. Norwich have a stronger squad than we started last season with but there is still a lot of nervousness around. Houghton is a quality manager but we are still getting to terms with Lamberts exit. I think Swanseas could have a problem this season with an untried manager and the loss of allen and sigurdsonn from last season. I think saints willscore plenty and and may mirror us from last season 6th highest scorers but 3rd worse defence. Of the 3 promoted clubs i think Saints are probably the best placed to stay up and there has been some great games between the two clubs over the years good luck but hopefully not at our expense

Yeah was gonna say the same, I think there''s a good 8 or so that could be involved. I think West Ham will stay up because of Allardyce''s effective hoof ball, Reading I''m unsure on, and we''re a bit of an unknown quantity still. Yeah Lambert leaving was my main reason for thinking you''d struggle this year, as long as Holt reproduces last seasons form you should be fine though I think. Saints'' main issue is still our centre backs, both of them need replacing urgently, the rest of the team is pretty much fine, but our centre backs are pretty dire, Clyne is by far our best signing.