Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

"Biggest transfer budget," my back passage!

I think it''s about we root out these closet binners.

Everybody, get your stakes and sprayers full of Holt''s sweat after the derby games. We got some binners to slay.

A few errors in your piece BBB this now makes sense.

We''ve been lied to and deceived once again, isn''t it clear to see? As Richard Thompson - one of my heroes - once sang, "There''s no gold at the end of the rainbow - there''s nothing to hope for any more". Despite what Evans and Clegg might have us believe, there is nary a pot to p*ss in when it comes to competing at the highest level. If they are to be believed, our "biggest ever budget" should see us competing for the likes of quality players like Stephen Warnock, Alan Hutton, Matt Jarvis, Nicklas Bendtner, all players who would walk straight into our first team, and yet we find ourselves pinning our hopes on some has been crocked Bullard in midfield- we saw where loans got us with Keane - and the possibility we might sign Curtis Davies who has had more clubs than Sevvy Ballesteros and goes down more than Jordan.

Meanwhile we release our number 1 goalkeeping choice so he can sit on the bench while some pipsqueak half his age gets to flap at crosses and fall over.

That''s the lot of a Ipswich Town fan - taken for granted, manipulated, spun, twisted, deceived and lied to.

Shame on the club, shame on the board and shame on Jewell for taking it up the back passage and accepting this is the world we are now living in. No wonder Robson left this shambles of a club. A curse on them all, I say.

Well, as with all things it will be time that makes fools of some and sages of others, but I would advise you that on the day Manchester United are signing Robin Van Persie and with two days until the start of the new season, certain areas of our squad look rather threadbare and I have every right to be concerned about this - and to state my concerns on a discussion forum such as this.  It would seem many of you only want to hear good news stories, which may prove rather more difficult to provide as this season gets underway and we see these squad issues manifest themselves in our league table position.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and to lesser extents:

Tottenham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton.

Those are the higher echelons of the premier league. The dream. Everton are the purest form of a team that can break through, they are us but with the money. They are what we might someday become.

West Brom, Aston Villa, Reading, Southhampton, Swansea, QPR, Norwich, Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham and Wigan.

There we are, mingling in with the clubs that don''t have as much money. This is the bane of "The Best footballing league in the world!" The distance between top and bottom may as well be two different worlds. This league requires billions of £''s to dominate, and millions of £''s to sustain.

Now you see, the people who herald a coming storm for Norwich are people who think that we can just mosey on up the league table. We can''t, it is impossible. We can play with all the spirit wrangled from Zeus'' beard but at the end of the day, we just can''t afford to win those games.

Sure, last season we came incredibly close to beating the likes of Manchester United and we thrashed Newcastle, and we drew to Liverpool, and Everton.... we beat tottenham.... we drew 0-0 with Chelsea.... we drew with Arsenal.... Wait... hang on.... OMG! LOLROXXORZ!

We can do it, we''ve proven we can grab vital points. Why on earth shouldn''t we be able to do it again? We don''t HAVE to spend millions of pounds on massive names. We bring in hidden talents and they flourish. I would feel more comfortable with big name signings. We''d probably kick all kinds of arse if we splashed on a Pappiss Cisse, or got in an RVP. But god damn, look at our squad. Anyone like that would destroy the foundations of this club and we''d crash and burn.

Our transfer market is quiet and excluded, we can''t bring in willy nilly. And no racism intended, but foreign names like Garrido scare me... they just don''t seem to fit the bill.

In summary, I think we will do alright so long as we keep the same belief and strength and those last minute gut punches that Lambert taught us. Hughton can only strengthen us, he will teach the squad new things and the squad will show him what they''ve learnt. We''ve much to look forward to.

tl;dr

Yeah, woo! Go Norwich!!!!

Simple question in reference to your thread title, are you employed in a position at the club, where you would have access to financial information?

Just because we have the biggest transfer budget we''ve ever had, doesn''t mean we have to spend it. Why can''t you just look at what happened last season and see we don''t need to buy a whole host of new players. The only position that really needs adding too is LB. And then a striker if Morison isn''t going to hit form again.

You have just showed the world what a complete pillock you are.  Can''t be bothered countering your ignorant rant further.[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

We''ve been lied to and deceived once again, isn''t it clear to see?  As Richard Thompson - one of my heroes - once sang, "There''s no gold at the end of the rainbow - there''s nothing to hope for any more".  Despite what Bowkett and McNally might have us believe, there is nary a pot to p*ss in when it comes to competing at the highest level.  If they are to be believed, our "biggest ever budget" should see us competing for the likes of quality players like Stephen Warnock, Alan Hutton, Matt Jarvis, Nicklas Bendtner, all players who would walk straight into our first team, and yet we find ourselves pinning our hopes on some Spanish left back "on loan" - we saw where loans got us with Roeder - and the possibility we might sign Curtis Davies who has had more clubs than Sevvy Ballesteros and goes down more than Jordan.

Meanwhile we release our number 1 goalkeeping choice so he can sit on the bench while some pipsqueak half his age gets to flap at crosses and fall over. 

That''s the lot of a Norwich City fan - taken for granted, manipulated, spun, twisted, deceived and lied to.

Shame on the club, shame on the board and shame on Houghton for taking it up the back passage and accepting this is the world we are now living in.  No wonder Lambert left this shambles of a club.  A curse on them all, I say.

[/quote]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

Just because we have the biggest transfer budget we''ve ever had, doesn''t mean we have to spend it. Why can''t you just look at what happened last season and see we don''t need to buy a whole host of new players. The only position that really needs adding too is LB. And then a striker if Morison isn''t going to hit form again.[/quote]

But in the Premier League you have to run very hard to stay in the same place, GP. Which means improving the squad to try to stay in mid-table. Since last summer we have brought in two central defenders (Ryan Bennett and Turner) to improve the defence. Three midfielders (Howson, Snodgrass and Butterfield) to improve that area. And no-one up front. Vaughan is only like having a new player if he stays fit and turns out to be a player of mid-table PL quality. Neither of which is remotely certain.

The funniest part is when people can''t see that this is obviously tongue in cheek, and proceed to get their knickers all twisty.

[quote user="morty"]The funniest part is when people can''t see that this is obviously tongue in cheek, and proceed to get their knickers all twisty.[/quote]

[Y]

I get that the OP is on a wind up but many are not.   I repeat what I''ve said elsewhere:

So, after months of people ranting about how we need another left back, we sign another left back.

Only, it''s not the correct left back and it''s not a good enough left back.

Saying that I despair does not come close. There is a hardcore minority who will criticise whatever happens. I suspect I am not the only one to have had enough and say, "Just leave it and let this team have a chance". Enough is enough. Free speech and all that is fine but if you just want to be negative about City and knock the club at every oportunity then please go and do it on WACCOE or TWTD because actually; that''s where you belong.

Update: I am pleased to see Garrido is joining us to solve the problem position of left back. From memory he also has a decent free kick and cross as part of his skills, and these will prove useful if we can get into the opposition half.

[quote user="kellybrook"]You have just showed the world what a complete pillock you are.  Can''t be bothered countering your ignorant rant further.

[/quote]

Abuse and insults are the preserve of those who lack the intellectual capacity to discuss and debate reasonably, and if you think Bor Bor Bor cares about the opinion of some spotty teenage non-entity such as yourself then you''ve another think coming, sunshine.  Your sort have been trying to drive me off this forum for years but I will not be silenced, I will out-last you, and they''ll still be listening to me long after you''ve returned to your mother''s bed.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Abuse and insults are the preserve of those who lack the intellectual capacity.....if you think Bor Bor Bor cares about the opinion of some spotty teenage non-entity.....long after you''ve returned to your mother''s bed.....[/quote]Love it Bor! [:D]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="kellybrook"]You have just showed the world what a complete pillock you are.  Can''t be bothered countering your ignorant rant further.

[/quote]

Abuse and insults are the preserve of those who lack the intellectual capacity to discuss and debate reasonably, and if you think Bor Bor Bor cares about the opinion of some spotty teenage non-entity such as yourself then you''ve another think coming, sunshine.  Your sort have been trying to drive me off this forum for years but I will not be silenced, I will out-last you, and they''ll still be listening to me long after you''ve returned to your mother''s bed.

[/quote]

Cluck?

Is that you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Your sort have been trying to drive me off this forum for years but I will not be silenced....[/quote]Cluck? Is that you?[/quote]I had the same feeling nutty, the quote above does have a familiar ring to it! [:)]

Looks like Cluck has been taking lessons in multiple identities from Smudger.Maybe we should get Peter The Deleter to start a banned poster sub forum.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Abuse and insults are the preserve of those who lack the intellectual capacity to discuss and debate reasonably, and if you think Bor Bor Bor cares about the opinion of some spotty teenage non-entity such as yourself then you''ve another think coming, sunshine.  Your sort have been trying to drive me off this forum for years but I will not be silenced, I will out-last you, and they''ll still be listening to me long after you''ve returned to your mother''s bed.[/quote]

Text book Cluck if ever i read it. [:D]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]O ye of little faith we have signed more players than Villa  with still more to come lets have some positive thoughts !!![/quote]

Good point & one for our "friend" Mike to note! We are of course also starting with a better squad as apart from Bent then have a collection of has beens and untried youngsters! Only plus point for them is Lambert''s wonderful ability to make a silk purse from a sow''s ear.....