Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Live TV coverage Saturday

"There has been a technological revolution since then - including multiple cameras and angles, not to mention ultra slow motion and so on "

all of which are controlled by the punter sat at home, not some producer sat in a studio far away from the ground

[quote user="London Canary"]If your behind the goal how the hell do you know what''s going on at the other end? you almost just see a half each from both teams, whereas I think if you watch a full game on the tv I would say your more aware of how someone has played. the camera is always focused on the ball isn''t it.[/quote]

I think you have just superbly demonstrated your knowledge and appreciation of the game.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="London Canary"]If your behind the goal how the hell do you know what''s going on at the other end? you almost just see a half each from both teams, whereas I think if you watch a full game on the tv I would say your more aware of how someone has played. the camera is always focused on the ball isn''t it.[/quote]

I think you have just superbly demonstrated your knowledge and appreciation of the game.

[/quote]

Maybe so, but let''s just hope that Hughton has managed to eliminate the ball-watching tendencies of our defence.................!

OTBC

[quote user="City1st"]

"There has been a technological revolution since then - including multiple cameras and angles, not to mention ultra slow motion and so on "

all of which are controlled by the punter sat at home, not some producer sat in a studio far away from the ground

[/quote]

And your point is.............?

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="London Canary"]If your behind the goal how the hell do you know what''s going on at the other end? you almost just see a half each from both teams, whereas I think if you watch a full game on the tv I would say your more aware of how someone has played. the camera is always focused on the ball isn''t it.[/quote]

The cameras never picked up Martin Peters runs from the halfway line when corner kicks were taken. They just picked him up when his head connected with the ball as it flew into the net.

As Cluck used to say.....bleedin'' London  know-it-alls.
[/quote]

That was near 40 years ago junior. There has been a technological revolution since then - including multiple cameras and angles, not to mention ultra slow motion and so on 

And are you quite sure that ''his head connected with the ball as it flew into the net''? [:^)][/quote]

Oh yeah, and you spent some time in London too........

[/quote]

Well, if we''re talking extremities, I''d rather be a know-it-all than an ignoramus! Wouldn''t you?

[:)]

OTBC

Without risking talking about the original topic of this thread....does anyone know where i can find out which European networks are showing the game, as I can get quite a few here in Ukraine, need to know which channel to convince my local sports bar to put on!!!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Well, if we''re talking extremities, I''d rather be a know-it-all than an ignoramus! Wouldn''t you?[/quote]You don''t have to know-it-all to recognise the ignorance of those who believe you can get the "matchday experience" by watching TV.  And it doesn''t say much for you if you have to rely on slow motion replays to understand what''s going on! However, for those of you who "support" more than one team, I suppose TV is a must. [:$]

Really, you people even want to bicker about who goes to games or not? I''m sure if it were possible every single one of us would go to every single game. I plan to watch the second half when I get home, because believe it or not I work for a living and one of the days I happen to work is a saturday. What does it matter where some fans watch it?

Even if their preference is not to go to games and watch it online/on tv/listen to it on the radio, whats it to everyone else?

"I''m a bigger fan than you! Blah blah blah" Grow the f*ck up!

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]Really, you people even want to bicker about who goes to games or not? I''m sure if it were possible every single one of us would go to every single game. I plan to watch the second half when I get home, because believe it or not I work for a living and one of the days I happen to work is a saturday. What does it matter where some fans watch it? Even if their preference is not to go to games and watch it online/on tv/listen to it on the radio, whats it to everyone else? "I''m a bigger fan than you! Blah blah blah" Grow the f*ck up![/quote]

Binner

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"] "I''m a bigger fan than you! Blah blah blah" Grow the f*ck up![/quote]

I don''t think that''s very fair. I''m sure Blah goes as often as he can!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="London Canary"]If your behind the goal how the hell do you know what''s going on at the other end? you almost just see a half each from both teams, whereas I think if you watch a full game on the tv I would say your more aware of how someone has played. the camera is always focused on the ball isn''t it.[/quote]

The cameras never picked up Martin Peters runs from the halfway line when corner kicks were taken. They just picked him up when his head connected with the ball as it flew into the net.

As Cluck used to say.....bleedin'' London  know-it-alls.
[/quote]

That was near 40 years ago junior. There has been a technological revolution since then - including multiple cameras and angles, not to mention ultra slow motion and so on 

And are you quite sure that ''his head connected with the ball as it flew into the net''? [:^)][/quote]

Oh yeah, and you spent some time in London too........

[/quote]

Well, if we''re talking extremities, I''d rather be a know-it-all than an ignoramus! Wouldn''t you?

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Is there a difference?

Just noticed.

Whilst we''re live on Fox on Saturday, they''re carrying the  Villa match 4.5 hours tape delayed!

Beware of what you wish for Lambo, old son.

[:P]

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Your time would be better spent learning to use the  ''quote'' function, I reckon.[/quote]Bly''s very next post......"http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=11&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=western+hemisphere&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=western+hem&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=389a728aef4d0601&biw=1073&bih=562"Hahahahahahah!! [:D][<:o)][/quote]

I reckon Bly is Stanley Unwin.

[/quote]Tilly, Stan is no longer with us so hasn''t said anything of interest for the last decade.I don''t see how BBB......oh,wait a minute [;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="London Canary"]If your behind the goal how the hell do you know what''s going on at the other end? you almost just see a half each from both teams, whereas I think if you watch a full game on the tv I would say your more aware of how someone has played. the camera is always focused on the ball isn''t it.[/quote]The cameras never picked up Martin Peters runs from the halfway line when corner kicks were taken. They just picked him up when his head connected with the ball as it flew into the net.As Cluck used to say.....bleedin'' London  know-it-alls. [/quote]

And are you quite sure that ''his head connected with the ball as it flew into the net''? [:^)]

[C]

OTBC

[/quote]Even though it''s probably a very hazy memory for you, BBB, you must admit nothing actually beats being there, does it ?

I know there''s a few of us who are in the states on here.

for those, such as my self, who are unlucky enough to have comcast, and therefore do no have FSC+, you can subscribe to FS2go online for a week free, and it shows all games that are on FSC, FSC+, and normally ESPN aswell

had it for the final game of last season, was going through my bank statement today, and guess who forgot to cancel it for the summer? - me! doh.

oh well, will be waking up nice and early saturday morning, plugging my laptop into the tele, and watching the boys work their socks off.