Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Fleming's rallying cry yet again

Craig Fleming makes yet another rallying cry on todays Pink Un.

To be honest I am getting a little peeved at our captain expressing himself regarding what we ought to be doing on such a regular basis, Craig should take a look at himself ask himself what could he be doing better and take some action, Worhty apparently is not inclined to take positive action in Flem''s case.

Flem can talk the talk but walking thats another matter. 

Calamity Craig Fluster Phlegm strikes again; I remember a couple of seasons ago when Phlegm was injured and it was Malkay, Kenton and Drury; clean sheets; good link with midfield/forwards. Then back comes Phlegm....

This season Phlegm''s shortcomings have been cruely exposed, no leadership, organisation; and I believe has taken to Astronomy since he does so much looking up at the sky!

I also notice that the Club/Team Captains roles and responsibilities are based on blaming others when all else fails!

Roberts was a good servant, Malkay was a good servant; both were allowed to leave without kicking a ball in anger in the Premiership; Phlegm gets a two year extension.......

Whatever happens, I think Phlegm must be shown the door at the end of this season; bring in Bromby and young Cave-Brown!

[quote]Calamity Craig Fluster Phlegm strikes again; I remember a couple of seasons ago when Phlegm was injured and it was Malkay, Kenton and Drury; clean sheets; good link with midfield/forwards. Then back c...[/quote]

This season''s form aside, Fleming has probably been our most consistent player over the last five or so seasons, and he was about the only player who brought any solidity whatsoever to the defence in the days of Jackson, Marshall et al. And to claim Malky and Iwan were better servants? Fleming was at City long before either of them, and while Iwan showed consistency, Malky was all over the place til Worthy arrived.

Yes, Flem hasn''t been up to the task since the first few games of this season, but let''s not re-write history shall we?

Without wishing to re-write history; Malky bought organisation and leadership and was largely instrumental in NCFC reaching the play-offs in deed his form leading up to these, including GOALS provided the platform for potential success.

In the last season''s Championship Run it was Malky and GOALS to the fore yet again; Phlegm was on a decline prior to the start of this season and his early season form was a good indicator for the STRUGGLE ahead; Phlegm has definitely been played on PAST FORM.

I would like to see either Helveg/Charlton/Doherty given a run; can''t do any worse than -2 GOALS per game can we?

I never remember goalscoring being the most important attribute to look for in a defender, and besides from what I remember Flem also scored a few in City''s playoff season. As for rewriting history, it''s been a long while since Flem spend any significant time on the sidelines - maybe you could remind me when Malky, Kenton + Drury made such a formidable team?Having watched a fair few games in Division 1, I always felt that Malky would be off the pace now and then and tended to lean on Fleming''s solid performances at the back. And, it seems, Worthy agreed with this synopsis when he decided to let Mackay go at the start of this season - being the less likely of the two to be able to cope with the pace of the Premiership.As for Helveg, Charlton + Doc. I''m sure Helveg and Charlton will be straight back in the mix when they return from injury, whilst Doc was given an extended run in the team and proved to be slow, clumsy, poor at marking and weak on the ball. One for the future? I''m not even sure about that!

I think the general concern of the original poster was that Flem keeps giving his battle cry, but that he seems possibly the most-out-of-depth player in the team. He needs to get harder, and stick tighter to his men. He seems in awe of of opposition players

There''s only one F in flemming. OK the defence has not been brilliant this season but that is the responsibility of the whole team. Perhaps I have a very poor memory but how many of the goals that we have conceded have been directly as a result of mistakes of the flem? That aside nobody can fault the pure blood and guts enthusiasm of our captain. Overall I am glad that the whingers are getting their say and perhaps next season they will get their wish i.e. us swapping places with the s*** and they swap their newly acquired season tickets for ones down the road!! What did people expect this season ? other than a struggle? Now is the time to get behind the team (ala delia) and try and enjoy the rest of the season. We never know were not down yet

OTBC

No offence like, but what exactly do you think the captain of the Canaries should be saying to the public - "We are so out of our depth" or "I am having a truly awful season!" or "I don´t really give a monkeys ´cos i´m on super dosh" - please, he´s the captain, it´s his job to be positive!

[quote]There''s only one F in flemming. OK the defence has not been brilliant this season but that is the responsibility of the whole team. Perhaps I have a very poor memory but how many of the goals that we ...[/quote]

Far too many have been directly attributable to our darling captain is the answer you are looking for John.

Flem was the better option to acclimatise this season and had no problem with Worthys decision on that.  What I continue to fail tounderstand is why an underperforming player has not been dropped when other options, who have performed infinitely better over the last 10 games are told they are dropped or are too inflexible (Charlie and Doc).  Charlie not playing on sat in place of flem is unfathomable to me.

OTBC

Well Worthington has been saying all season we will play football come what may , Charlton a few weeks ago said publicly we needed to win ugly and has not played a match since. Maybe another case of Worthys my way or the highway policy , as Charlton was clearly one of our better defenders earlier in the season.

there seems to be some sort of urban myth regarding Mackay. Since being sold to West ''am hes been reinvented as a latterday Franz Beckenbauer. As if all the problems in defence, and there are many, would be solved by one swing of Mackays mighty boot. Watch the hammers this season, in a poor league. That will give you some idea of where Mackay is at. Struggling against Stoke and Crewe and co. isnt the same as struggling against Man city and arsenal... dont pretend it is.