Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Morro

Not happening. Reporting that Morro is to be sold, Vaughan to be loaned? Do they seriously think that we will just sell and leave Holt, Jacko & Martin to get on with it?

Cobblers!

[quote user="stoke canary"]QPR   MIDD/BORO and BRUM interested according to Sky[/quote]

You could at least spell his name right - it''s Morison, not "Morro"  -and MIDD/BORO are the same team.  I hope Houghton doesn''t read these boards, they''re an embarrassment.

[quote user="stoke canary"]QPR   MIDD/BORO and BRUM interested according to Sky[/quote]

You could at least spell his name right - it''s Morison, not "Morro"  -and MIDD/BORO are the same team.  I hope Houghton doesn''t read these boards, they''re an embarrassment.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]You could at least spell his name right - it''s Morison, not "Morro"....[/quote]You could at least spell his name right - it''s Hughton, not "Houghton"....[;)]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote]

are you joking or being serious?

[/quote]

Ok.....I rarely post and am ready and waiting for my resultant ban....

We all know that you are an ironic poster....a pastiche of previous trolls and posters.

But your poor spelling, generally laughable attempt at humour and feeble attempts to entertain lead me to one conclusion.....

You just have to be a sad, pathetic and very lonely CUNT...

BOR BOR BOR Does that describe you????????????Which 2 teams could MIDD/BORO be????????????? They were meant to be the same team.Do i need to post THIS Twice???????????????

I will put my head above the parapit. I completely disagree with Nexus (who is an excellent poster in my opinion). I think getting rid of Morison at this stage would be a disaster. You may not like him and I agree he underperformed in the second half of last season. However there are two concrete facts you cant get away from. Holt aside he was the only striker who threatened to get into double figures for league goals last season (9 in the Premier League). I honestly don''t believe that Jackson or Martin would get near that figure even if they played all season. Vaughan has the potential to get there but can he stay injury free for an entire season to do it? That is an entirely different question all together. If Holt were to get injured and Morison has been sold. I ask posters on here. Who can effectively step up and lead the line? Where are the goals coming from?

The second question issue I would put to both Nexus and any other Morison detractors concern our style of play. If we are to play 1 up front this season which seems likely then Morison I would argue is actually better suited to this task than Holt (as much I love Grant). He possesses greater mobility which is an absolute prerequisite for the role making him a better fit. This is actually something Holt himself has admitted in an interview last season. The evidence for this is the strong run we had around the autumn when Moro played up top by himself with Wes tucked in behind in him.  Holt was effective as a game changer from the bench such as against Liverpool at Anfield.

Just my opinion and I am putting the tin hat on. Feel free to shoot me down Nexus and others.  

nah you make a good point tbh Jacko. I would love to be on the Moro bandwagon but he just does not do it for me. His lack of commitment and teapot play at the tail end ( forgeting the superb goal vs the Arse ) of the season frustraited me no end. Moro''s first touch is undeniably poor. Is this the case or is it lack of concentration at key moments ? Either way, not good enough !Still Im not one who is gonna just say "I hate him hes crap" and then stick with it if he changes things around. Cast your mind back to when we were in the Championship I used to hate on Jackson and thought him lightweight, scared and not up to it. Then he started attacking defenders and lost his fear. Now Jacko is one of my top players and what I see as an impact / game changing sub if used correctly. So if Moro can change the attitude and play the way hes shown at times hes capable of then stick him in the starting XI.

Moro will score 12+ in the Prem this season, I hope it''s with us.

I''m still embarassed about the way he was treated by large sections of our support last season. It was utterly deplorable and I hope it hasn''t cost us Moro''s services.

ok , regardless of the marmite. Honest answer :Can people actually say that the tea potting and overt anoyance at team mates did him or his team mates any favours ?And his first touch. Anyone going to defend this ? Lets see some of the Chris Martin haters defend Moro''s first touch. (something Martin actually excels at )

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Moro will score 12+ in the Prem this season, I hope it''s with us.

I''m still embarassed about the way he was treated by large sections of our support last season. It was utterly deplorable and I hope it hasn''t cost us Moro''s services.[/quote]

Could not agree more. Morison scored 6 goals in 8 games and was being booed. Based on that most peoples heads would drop. If we are playing 1 upfront most games and that 1 is Holt ( I am not saying he is not our best striker in a different system ) we will probably be relegated.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

ok , regardless of the marmite.

Honest answer :
Can people actually say that the tea potting and overt anoyance at team mates did him or his team mates any favours ?

And his first touch. Anyone going to defend this ? Lets see some of the Chris Martin haters defend Moro''s first touch. (something Martin actually excels at )

[/quote]

What didn''t help him was him not being Grant Holt, and the susbsequent abuse he received when he had a drop in form when he had his injury. This knocked his confidence and clearly led to him becoming frustrated and upset.

His first touch isn''t his greatest asset, neither is his passing, but for £2.5m he was never going to be the complete footballer and in my opinion represents good value for money. How much did Rodriguez just cost Southampton? I''ll have a fiver with you that Moro scores more than him this season.

I agree with you Nexus. I am not holding him up to the complete striker. I think technically he isn''t particularly blessed. There have been a number of times where his control has just let him down at the vital moment. Stamford Bridge I remember when his hesitation allowed Terry to recover and make a tackle. Again at Eastlands where he inexplicably shifted the ball to his weaker left foot when clean through allowing Hart to smother the ball. But then again he can score goals out of absolutely nothing. Remember that absolute worldie he got against Blackburn? To be fair to the lad I would be frustrated with situations I was put in like Liverpool at home where none of my teammates are in the same postcode as me and I am getting long hopeful balls hoofed up to me with Carragher, Agger and Skrtl climbing all over me. He had no chance. But like you say the player we saw hunting defenders down and catching them in possession like he did with Mertesacker is a real asset and one I dont think we can afford to lose.

All depends on how much they are offering. If we can make a nice profit on him then fine it might be a good move to sell, but if is for around what we paid we''d be better of keeping him.

Maybe swap him for Emnes + a million? He''s scored 9 in the Premiership with very few starts so while many fan''s might not like him, he is a valuable asset.

Maybe your right Brownstone, he is not Grant Holt which might be 90% of the issue. *shrugs*So long as we stay up I dont care if Owen Ghoul is our top goal scorer tbh.

[quote user="UkraineCanary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote] Ok.....I rarely post and am ready and waiting for my resultant ban.... We all know that you are an ironic poster....a pastiche of previous trolls and posters. But your poor spelling, generally laughable attempt at humour and feeble attempts to entertain lead me to one conclusion..... You just have to be a sad, pathetic and very lonely CUNT...[/quote]

You know nothing and your language is disgraceful.  I''ve seen your sort come and go before and there''s nothing you can throw at me that others haven''t already thrown - it''s water off a duck''s back as far as I''m concerned so bring it on, Comrade.

3 clubs are suddenly reported to be interested in him, so I think this news was leaked to try to start a biding war. I wouldn''t be surprised if NC were looking to cash in on the strikers (other than Holt) to use the money towards better ones.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

3 clubs are suddenly reported to be interested in him, so I think this news was leaked to try to start a biding war. I wouldn''t be surprised if NC were looking to cash in on the strikers (other than Holt) to use the money towards better ones.

[/quote]

Such as?

[/quote]

His names Hughton. Not Houghton. Bit embarrassing s cummer.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Such as?

[/quote]It does make you wonder, doesn''t it? Our structure, wage ceiling etc. - the only replacement for Morison would be a Championship striker unproven at Premiership level, i.e. probably no better than Morison, or someone a little bit past it and looking for one last payday before dropping down the leagues.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Such as?

[/quote]

It does make you wonder, doesn''t it? Our structure, wage ceiling etc. - the only replacement for Morison would be a Championship striker unproven at Premiership level, i.e. probably no better than Morison, or someone a little bit past it and looking for one last payday before dropping down the leagues.

[/quote]

I''m expecting him to name a certain ex binner who isn''t even proven at Championship level....

Morison scores many match winning goals

Morison get''s hated on

Morison decides to play with an injury

Morison get''s hated

Morison scores that goal against Arsenal

Morison gets hated.

Where''s the logic? Morison had an excellent season and should be given some praise for once. And what is all this bollocks about him being Carlos Tevez and pissing off the whole team? Bollocks, all of it.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I''ll pay the taxi fare ![/quote]

It''s idiotic co menus like that what makes players want to leave.

I think Morison has looked very sharp in pre season espechially at p''boro.

We should all get behind Morison as if Vaughan goes he is our best forward.

Makes sense.. get rid of Moro and give his place to Martin, the best finisher at City (according to PL who must have been right) and of course a much better attitude and work-rate.  CH, you''re going to be a God at City.

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Morison scores many match winning goals Morison get''s hated on Morison decides to play with an injury Morison get''s hated Morison scores that goal against Arsenal Morison gets hated. Where''s the logic? Morison had an excellent season and should be given some praise for once. And what is all this bollocks about him being Carlos Tevez and pissing off the whole team? Bollocks, all of it.[/quote]

As someone wisely posted,it''s because he wasn''t Holt.[:|]