Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

"We have no targets" - Hughton

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_chris_hughton_s_message_to_the_detractors_1_1486454

“It is quite obvious that to say an improvement on our league position would be an outstanding achievement. We have made absolutely no targets here. The only requirements we have is that the players give all they can. That is what the football club saw from them last season.”

Unbelievable nonsense to not set targets.  I''ll tell you what the target is - it''s measured in share price and value to the majority shareholders who want their money back.  I have no problem with that, but I would respect them all the more if they came right out and said it.  Instead we get this smokescreen, this veneer, this pretence of competitiveness - on  a day when even Southampton will put their money where their Premier League mouths are.  Dear oh dear.  Time to wake up and see what''s really going on here, why Paul Lambert really left, and why we''ll be watching second division football next season. 

Feel free to drag this thread up when we stay up, but you won''t for one very good reason.  And I will be too busy choking on my own tears to say "I told you so!"

You really think Hughton and/or the board, or the players are going to publicly say what their targets are? If you do, then I''m afraid you know very little of football.

Of course the target is to do better. But they are realistic enough to know that going to be even harder than what we did last year, Why should Hughton publicly set himself and the club up for a fall?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You really think Hughton and/or the board, or the players are going to publicly say what their targets are? If you do, then I''m afraid you know very little of football. Of course the target is to do better. But they are realistic enough to know that going to be even harder than what we did last year, Why should Hughton publicly set himself and the club up for a fall?[/quote]

Don''t be so ridiculous.  Last season we said our target was survival.   This season, we can''t even say that.  It''s pathetic.  Still, enjoy watching our target free, ambition-free, fancy-free team.  Don''t forget to clap, whatever the outcome.

Y''know, the more you go on, the more I tend to think that you have problems with both Hughton and our owner that are in no way football related.

Your constant complaints and attacks go beyond football. It sounds personal.

I can''t help but feel that you might be something of a misogynistic and a racist. I''m sure you''ll vehemently deny it- your sort always do- but that''s just the impression you give me.

Wow, OP had a bad day?

CH is only saying (Without saying it).... It''s foolish to set a target, if CH says he wants 17th... then everyone be like we just finished 12th...

If he says, he wants 11th/12th and get 14th... fans like yourself will brand the season a failure.

obviously, just a political tactful response by CH, not to increase the pressure?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You really think Hughton and/or the board, or the players are going to publicly say what their targets are? If you do, then I''m afraid you know very little of football. Of course the target is to do better. But they are realistic enough to know that going to be even harder than what we did last year, Why should Hughton publicly set himself and the club up for a fall?[/quote]

Don''t be so ridiculous.  Last season we said our target was survival.   This season, we can''t even say that.  It''s pathetic.  Still, enjoy watching our target free, ambition-free, fancy-free team.  Don''t forget to clap, whatever the outcome.

[/quote]

Because that''s what EVERY promoted team says. For goodness sake. Go support another team, you clearly can''t enjoy supporting this one, what''s the point you miserable sod.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote] Because that''s what EVERY promoted team says. For goodness sake. Go support another team, you clearly can''t enjoy supporting this one, what''s the point you miserable sod.[/quote]

We''re not promoted, Junior.  We''re in our second season.  Run along and come back when you know our history (and the basic rules of punctuation).

"Many a Mickle Maxed a Muckle"

I think the late Gordon Jackson said it means "If you look after the pennies, the pounds will look after themselves" !

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote] Because that''s what EVERY promoted team says. For goodness sake. Go support another team, you clearly can''t enjoy supporting this one, what''s the point you miserable sod.[/quote]

We''re not promoted, Junior.  We''re in our second season.  Run along and come back when you know our history (and the basic rules of punctuation).

[/quote]

Well done you''ve noticed punctuation isn''t my strong point, would you like a medal? And I know we''re in our second season, I was referring to your comment about our target last season. Do you really think last season all La,beet wanted to do was avoid relegation? Ihe was saying that until it was mathematically certain, he never acknowledged our league position in terms of his ambition in public. It''s not what managers do. And I do know our history, and u like you I don''t feel tuned to moan about the club constantly. How on earth can you call your self a supporter? Your not supporting the club. Of course everything isn''t going to be perfect, but from what I''ve seen all your posts are moaning.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_chris_hughton_s_message_to_the_detractors_1_1486454

“It is quite obvious that to say an improvement on our league position would be an outstanding achievement. We have made absolutely no targets here. The only requirements we have is that the players give all they can. That is what the football club saw from them last season.”

Unbelievable nonsense to not set targets.  I''ll tell you what the target is - it''s measured in share price and value to the majority shareholders who want their money back.  I have no problem with that, but I would respect them all the more if they came right out and said it.  Instead we get this smokescreen, this veneer, this pretence of competitiveness - on  a day when even Southampton will put their money where their Premier League mouths are.  Dear oh dear.  Time to wake up and see what''s really going on here, why Paul Lambert really left, and why we''ll be watching second division football next season. 

Feel free to drag this thread up when we stay up, but you won''t for one very good reason.  And I will be too busy choking on my own tears to say "I told you so!"

[/quote]And well done for ignoring the article from yesterday that completly contradicts your previous thread in regards to "being lied to" in regards to transfer budget. You know, this thread;http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2773120/ShowPost.aspxContradicted by this article;http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_chris_hughton_signs_lazio_s_javier_garrido_but_still_isn_t_finished_1_1485454Instead, you''ve gone and start another negative rant about nothing but a little bit of manager "expectation management".Well done.

Have you any idea how wealthy Southampton''s backers are?

They''re not being bankrolled by Premier League income but by the assets of deceased former owner Liebherr whose legacy to the club was the sort of fortune that very few football clubs in the world could dream of, never mind Norfolk.

He bought them whilst they were in administration. Job lot probably. Just as we would probably be snapped up if the same happened to us. But it hasn''t. That could invite the opponents and detractors of the current ownership to condemn same for not permitting us to go into administration so we could end up with our own cuddly billionaire, however, we sorted the debt issue out instead, renegotiated with our lenders, included a commitment to repayment of all debts within two years of promotion to the Premier League and are now doing just that. Yes, its had an impact on outgoings as far as possible player aquisitions are concerned, but, had we got a further 5-6 big name, big money, big wages signings in this Summer, who would you have seen out in order to accompany them into the squad?

The end result is that, even  if we are relegated at the end of the season (and its very easy to tip us for relegation, especially if you want it to happen so you can prove a point of your own perception only) we won''t be on our financial uppers-unlike a lot of clubs who will be dreading the knock on the door at sometime after 5pm on the last day of the season if they go down. Look at West Ham-when they were last relegated, Sullivan and co said it would be doomsday for them, mass exodus, a fight for survival-yet they retained lots of their players, signed a few more, and now, this Summer, have been spending money they most certainly don''t have to call their own. When the bid for Carroll went in, Sullivan said they couldn''t afford it, it would cause problems and was way beyond them yet, "you have to try to do what the Manager wants". Are they the sort of owners you want here? No, no, no and just for good measure, another no. But I have no doubt Bor, you would.

Fair play to you though. You think the club made the wrong managerial appointment with regard to Hughton, you also question the current regime running the club and are also critical of the way the club manages its finances. I would suggest, with such strong feelings on the issue that you take a stand and try to garnish support for your claims and see if you can either get the club to implement policy more to your liking, else invest some of your time and money and try to get a seat on the board so you can influence and affect policy from within-I''m sure the opportunity is there for the right person and your convictions certainly suggest someone who would be able to improve on what we already have and steer the club to greater heights, on and off the field of play.

Also I remember that when Hughton was signed he stated the "obvious target will be avoiding relegation".

By the interview he gave there he just said what was needed to be said. Our team doesnt care if we are 17th or 6th as long as every guy on the field give their best.

And as league is unpredictable as it is outside of top 6 I could not ask anything more.

This is what sports truly is. Not a competition of who has most money to spend.