Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

11 Captains On The Pitch?

It''s seemed to me that Howson was to be the eventual natural successor to Holt with regards to the captaincy (in the world according to Paul Lambert).

I wasn''t expecting Hughton to change the captaincy / leave it hanging in the air until now, just a few hours before the first game.

Is he trying to keep Holt on his toes, a player who has been starting the seasons slowly and finishing strongly?

Is there a new captain due to be transferred into the club before the transfer window closes?

Can anyone tell me ''was gorn on?'' 

Possibly a tactical move? If we dont know, then Fulham don''t know, which makes it that little bit harder for them to figure out our lineup and tactics...

Maybe we won''t have one... world''s first democratic team... everyone gets to vote on every set pieceJust cos some watery tart lobs a sword at you

But yeah... it''s a little odd we don''t know... one assumes the players do

Holt is obviously a captain but Howson, Snoddy and Turner have all been captains too. I''m pretty sure Whittaker was a vice-captain at some point at the Teddys and Butterfield too at Barnsley. Looks like we have a strong team of characters!

Well I was more suggesting that the players probably know, but it''s not been made public yet as that would give away a little tactical info? For example, if CH were planning to start with Vaughan alone up front and Holt on the bench, then naming someone else as captain might tip Fulham off to that...

He said that he hasn''t discussed it yet, we will have to wait til Sat. He will have to discuss it with players and let them know first.