Sign in to follow this  
ca

Scrimmage & ncfc games commentary team

Said in the EEN last night that Radio Norfolk have scrapped the Scrimmage on Thursday nights and thats being replaced by an hour long McVeigh & Butler show which is moved from their Friday slot.

Also Paul McVeigh will be the permanent commentator with Chris Goreham at all Norwich games home and away and canary call will then be hosted by McVeigh & Butler after the game.

I''m not a listener of the Scrimmage or the McVeigh & Butler show as dont have the radio on at teatimes  but I''m a bit surprised that Paul McVeigh has got the perm job with Chris Goreham ,  as nice as he is, I do find his accent very difficult to understand and would have thought there would have been better options.

Whats your opinion ?

Although Mcveigh wouldn''t have been my first choice, he did actually make a reasonable job of it last season.

That tw@t Butler on the other hand.. can we make a petition to get rid?

Just one question, does radio Norfolk still have the games on live on matchday or do I have to subscribe to the Norwich city  site ?

[quote user="bloodwagon"]Just one question, does radio Norfolk still have the games on live on matchday or do I have to subscribe to the Norwich city  site ?
[/quote]

Yes they have the games on live on matchdays.

Great choice for me, he''s got a great knowledge of the game and is articulate and insightful. Not being able to understand his accent is just a nonsense, he''s Irish, not Klingon...

[quote user="PaulLambertsSon"] That tw@t Butler on the other hand.. can we make a petition to get rid?[/quote]

A tad harsh if i may say as i used to enjoy his Friday joke thread...........Oh you mean THAT Butler,sorry i was confused. [;)][*-)][8-)]

Great decision. The Scrimmage was awful at times and repeatedly cringeworthy.In McVeigh and Butler Radio Norfolk finally have a slightly biased outlook on Norwich City, poking fun at other teams and with a belief we will win every game we will play. A positivity which is sadly lacking amongst most of our supporters. Butler is a breath of fresh air and glad he seems to be rattling so many canary cages with his opinions.As for match day commentary, that''s fine by me. Goreham makes the show and McVeigh is a more than worthy sidekick.