Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Player of the Season

Of course it is still early yet.  With nine games to go somebody could turn into an absolute hero but is it just me or are there not too many candidates this season?  Realistically I think only Leon for all his effort (shame about the lack of goals), Simon Charlton for his displays before getting injured and Hucks are in the running with Darren, despite some criticising him, well ahead on points.  Perhaps the fans (No 13) should get it!!

It''s gotta be Damien Francis for me (I''m surprised he didn''t even make it onto your list).

To be top scorer for any team from midfield is quite an achievement and without his goals we''d definitely have been down weeks ago.

No way Leon should be anywhere near this.  He has put effort in but has looked out of his depth.  As someone said on this board once: 110% effort, 20% effect.

What about Francis!?  Granted, he does tend to slip into complacency at times, but he has been a class apart.  Without him, our season would be a joke.

francis has been the star of the season so far and aren''t we forgetting up until a few weeks ago the role green played, he would certainly be up there.  But truth be known very few have really shined have they.

Has to be damo for me. Guy is a legend:

1. Damo

2. Hucks

3. McKenzie

[quote]Henderson,if only for the hours of fun he''s given certain posters on here[/quote]

Good call, Nolegs!!!Damo for me, followed by Hucks then Eddie.

Damos goals have been important but so have his sudden, and more worryingly too frequent, spells of going AWOL and to me that prevents him from getting the POTS award.

Leon, like holt and eddy has worked fantastically hard this season but at the end of the day it is a football team and not a workathon; deliver some quality with the ball and yes they would be contenders, without it they dont even make the top five.  

For consistency I would have Charlie and Greeno in theframe with the latters lack of confidence hampering his chances.  Bentley was showing us what he can do and has been missed far more than we give credit for, is it a coincidence that our best spell came as we found out the best formation for him before the midfield injury crisis came, and that our worst when he has been injured?  

However on what I have seen so far there is only 1 clear winner - Hux, who has threatened our opponents game in game out, playing uncomplainingly and with as much effort and committment as the aforementioned Holt and Leons of this world.  If only he could finish he could have been the prem player of the year...

OTBC

For me its.. got to be 1. hucks 2. damo 3. ashton... done more than most since he has been here

"norfolk through & through one of the remaining few"

Huckerby for me. Francis is too unpredictable. People keep going on about how he''s been excellent for us all season when realistically he''s only really had 2 or 3 blinders and the rest of the season he''s been hit and miss

Of course you are right, Damien should have been mentioned as a contender since his goals from midfield have been vital.  He sometimes seems the complete player but so often drifts out of games and that makes it frustrating.  Now if Damien had Leon''s never say die attitude then we would have a really great player. I understand how many would say that Leon shouldn''t be in the top three but often he has had to play an unsupported role up front or come off the bench. Now that he has Ashton there with him he looks like he can score again.  Too much effort, not enough skill maybe but I love his attitude. So I go for

1. Hux

2. Charlie

3. Leon

I''m on a roll - three posts in one day!  Anyway, POTS for me has to be Hucks because, if you analyse most of our goals then he is involved in some way shape or form, and he is often the direct provider.  Ok, he hasn''t set the league alight with too many strikes of his own, but without his assists we would have been down long ago.  Also he has usually shown the effort levels and commitment we have become used to him showing but which it would have been easy for him to allow to drop if his desire for the team to do well had lessened.  (Ask yourself how many lazy prima donnas there are at other Prem teams and you''ll see what I mean).

Out on a limb here I guess, but I don''t give a monkeys.

1) Edworthy

2) Huckerby (do not see the Hux thing, too much like fries, what is wrong with chips!!)

3) Ashton

Super Shaun Carey carefully puts flame suit on, protective gloves on, mask down, prepares for replies!

[quote]Out on a limb here I guess, but I don''t give a monkeys. 1) Edworthy 2) Huckerby (do not see the Hux thing, too much like fries, what is wrong with chips!!) 3) Ashton Super Shaun Carey carefully p...[/quote]

Edworthy!?

A joke i assume?

1. Huckerby

2. Francis

3. Leon - for effort

If Francis didnt disappear so often and got stuck in more he would have won but as it is Hucks had had more positive influence on games than anyone else in the squad.

I think if Bentley had stayed fit he would have been in there too!

[quote]Anyone who hasn''t been slagged to death on this forum....Ah!we have a problem.....[/quote]

Can''t we break with tradition and give it to Delia?. After all she entertained the whole bloody nation for weeks!.

If she wins, don''t let her drink champagne!, I couldn''t face that all again.

1- Francis

2- Huckerby

3- Green

Nuff said...

I really hope Francis doesn''t win it. No offence to him, he''s a star and he has been one of the most influencial City players this season - but for me he hasn''t done enough on a consistant level.

You never know though - 9 games to go he could score 2 a game, then I''d be eating Crow

[quote]Anyone who hasn''t been slagged to death on this forum....Ah!we have a problem.....[/quote]

Simon Charlton??

With 9 games still to go it is still up for grabs from any of the players as there has not been any really consistent shining stars - Francis is closest at the moment - but like the league - its going down to wire this year.

[quote]just isn''t good enough. Drop him Worthy - give Briggs a shot![/quote]

Doh. Now you''ve done it!

Right, I suggest Chris Martin. Apparently he''s had an awesome season in the academy.

And he''s the lead singer of Coldplay, who apparently have a new album on the way.... Okay, perhaps we should wait for the release before we sing too many of his praises. The third album always tends to be the one that really makes or breaks a band when it comes to the big-time.

Until he got his facial injury, Damo was running away with it. However, since he''s come back, he doesn''t look the same player. We''ve had nobody that has stood out above the rest. However, I think it''s a fight between Hucks (for creating many of our goals and scaring the hell out of even top defenders) or Leon, purely for 110 sweat and determination every single game. At least he''s given everything for us, which is more than you can say for a lot of the others.