Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Your favourite City player of all time?

On a life long NCFC journey from Keelan, Paddon and Peters, via Eadie, Bellamy, Sutton and Roberts to Holt.

Destination?

Premier League!

There have been many but Ron Davies was my boyhood hero - also close are Bill Punton, Ron Ashman, Barry Butler, Duncan Forbes, and Kevin Keelan.

From more a more recent era, it would have to be Hucks, that goal against Birmingham was sheer class

Oh and Andy Hughes, he was a legend. Shame he didn''t start playing FB until his last few months, he wasn''t half bad there. Although i''m sure in Hucks'' book, he says Hughes was supposed to be an attacking midfielder?

Iwan Roberts, single handedly kept us in the championship between 1998 and 2001.

I shudder to think where the club would have ended up (and indeed could still have been) without his goals.... Went out a champion to a standing ovation too....

If you want to find a real saviour of the club during the dark days its iwan..... Many were better, but few have answered the call when needed the most by the club...in the 98 99 season we scored 46 goals... Iwan grabbed 21 of them.... Doesn''t take a genious...

As a kid Sylvester was the first player I always remember, then growing up it was Mark Barham and Martin Peters. Since then Hux and Holt.

Justin Fashanu for the goal against Liverpool in 1980. Shame how things turned out - if only he stayed here, but money talks as always. Duncan Forbes was a gent off the field and Keelan a loyal servant. Modern days no one can or ever will touch Hucks. Soft spot for Mark Robins treated like sh... it at the end!

My first City hero was Peter Mendham for his wholehearted approach and obvious love for the club. Since then Jon Newsome and Darren Huckerby.

Grant Holt.

And also Youssef Safri.  I used to have a chat with him before every game and he gave me his shirt at the end of his last season as well.  A proper gent.

Wow, just wow!!!

Less surprisingly probably is that only 1 person has gone with Ron Davies.  Most probably due to the age of the supporters on here.

More surprisingly probably is that nobody has gone with Mick Channon![:O]

So many...

From Keelan, Stringer, Forbes, Paddon, Peters, MacDougall, Boyer,Fashanu (Justin) Channon, Reeves, Deehan, Rosario (yes I know) Bowen, Spearing, Gunn, Culverhouse, Bruce, Watson, Crook,Woods, Fox, Gordon, Fleck, Robins, Roberts, Huckerby among so many and on to the current batch of heroes.

But for me no-one epitomised the never say die Norwich spirit more than Kevin Keelan.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]No love for Ekoku from the older fans?[/quote]

He had one of my favourite ever chants; ''Efan Ekoku-ku-ku....'' Really good striker for us was the Chief.

But of all the players I''ve seen play first hand it has to be Huckerby. My favourite player, and also the best player in my time as a supporter. Very nice bloke too and a true Norwich fan.

A close second would be Gunny, with Holt in the bronze medal position.