Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

Give Hughton time.

Although we got beat very easily today it is still early doors for Hughton and i believe we be ok.

Yes i know everyone will be worried by that performance but i would rather have that on the first day of season than the business end of the season. All teams have at least one tonking in a season.

Yes we were shite but you have to give credit to Fulham, i thought they were excellent. Hughton hasnt been here long and it will take time for the players to get use to his style of football.

The issue i see here is that under lambert we were very attacking and certain players enjoyed the freedom of getting forward. Then all of a sudden he left and a new manager has come in and is a lot more negative in his style of play. Im sure certain players arent responding the way they should but thats tough shite, we have a new manager now and they need to adapt very quickly to his style.

Hughton lost one game at home in 2 seasons ( Unbeaten with Newcastle in Chumpionship and 1 game with Birmingham ).

I know the manager gets the flack when things go wrong but its the players who go out there and do their job. I believe in Hughton but it takes time. Things will come good but nowadays managers dont get enough time to establish themselves within the club to do what they want to achieve.

All this negativity from us fans will only make things worse at the start of the season. The QPR match we really need to get behind the boys and manager and sing our hearts out.

We arent little ole Norwich anymore. Norfolk people are fighters and never give in or roll over in sticky situations.

KICK OFF, THROW IT IN, HAVE A LITTLE SCRIMMAGE............................

We always have a go at other supporters when they boo or protest against their manager, but we have only given our manager 1 game before we started with this negative crap. Says a lot about some of us. No one is denying today was a bad day, it was a god awful performance and bad tactics, but I firmly believe CH will learn from todays game and turn it around.

NCFC is NOT a club in need of turning around.Why do you want to give someone time to change a team that is on a 3 year success streak?If we were in trouble and had had to sack the last manager then time to change things would be appropriate, but why do we need to give someone who has been in the job more than two months more time to realize that HE needs to change and hope that he can?

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Although we got beat very easily today it is still early doors for Hughton and i believe we be ok.

Yes i know everyone will be worried by that performance but i would rather have that on the first day of season than the business end of the season. All teams have at least one tonking in a season.

Yes we were shite but you have to give credit to Fulham, i thought they were excellent. Hughton hasnt been here long and it will take time for the players to get use to his style of football.

The issue i see here is that under lambert we were very attacking and certain players enjoyed the freedom of getting forward. Then all of a sudden he left and a new manager has come in and is a lot more negative in his style of play. Im sure certain players arent responding the way they should but thats tough shite, we have a new manager now and they need to adapt very quickly to his style.

Hughton lost one game at home in 2 seasons ( Unbeaten with Newcastle in Chumpionship and 1 game with Birmingham ).

I know the manager gets the flack when things go wrong but its the players who go out there and do their job. I believe in Hughton but it takes time. Things will come good but nowadays managers dont get enough time to establish themselves within the club to do what they want to achieve.

All this negativity from us fans will only make things worse at the start of the season. The QPR match we really need to get behind the boys and manager and sing our hearts out.

We arent little ole Norwich anymore. Norfolk people are fighters and never give in or roll over in sticky situations.

KICK OFF, THROW IT IN, HAVE A LITTLE SCRIMMAGE............................[/quote]

Come on, buck up, get yourself together.

Yes bad performances DO NEED every bit of criticism. Don''t pacify, push on, urge, fight for what we want. Hughton needs to be wide eyed tonight, scared shitless that this here task is a big one. A very big one and here right now.

"Aww bless him day one lets give him a go" - never going to work. Face up to it, he takes the tithe he needs to deliver. Now.

I will always give the manager a chance to turn things around as he will need time. The problem is nowadays everyone wants instant success that aint going to happen. Hughton is a highly rated manager and im confident he will do well for us.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]I will always give the manager a chance to turn things around as he will need time. The problem is nowadays everyone wants instant success that aint going to happen. Hughton is a highly rated manager and im confident he will do well for us.[/quote]

Good for you, we need people like you.

Keep paying.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]I will always give the manager a chance to turn things around as he will need time. The problem is nowadays everyone wants instant success that aint going to happen. Hughton is a highly rated manager and im confident he will do well for us.[/quote]Rubbish.Things don''t need turning around! Why would you want to turn things around after the last three years???Hughton is a highly rated manager- but I don''t know why... 5 points in 10 games as Newcastle caretaker in the Prem. As a permanent manager he has only two and a bit seasons experience, two seasons of which were in the championship with premier league squads!

I have given him time. Ninety minutes of sheer awfulness to be precise. I am very unhappy as a result.

That was so dreadful in every single respect that I feel we have a total dud on our hands. If somebody can come up with a single positive, please enlighten me.

Pray to Jesus that I am wrong and he turns out to be the second Messiah that we were led to believe he would be.

I will keep paying and watching my footy team i support irrespective of who is in charge and what league we are in. Im Norwich born and bred and been watching Norwich for 30 years .Obviously you are a part time/glory hunter fan emerged from the woodwork when we got in the Premiership. Correct lalala?

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]I will keep paying and watching my footy team i support irrespective of who is in charge and what league we are in. Im Norwich born and bred and been watching Norwich for 30 years .Obviously you are a part time/glory hunter fan emerged from the woodwork when we got in the Premiership. Correct lalala?[/quote]

Seriously, welling up here, I want to cuddle you.

Do you have one significant ounce of fight in you?

Show it.

OK let''s play. At what point is a manager paid enough to become immune to pressure? Is a day1 clause built in?

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]I will keep paying and watching my footy team i support irrespective of who is in charge and what league we are in. Im Norwich born and bred and been watching Norwich for 30 years .Obviously you are a part time/glory hunter fan emerged from the woodwork when we got in the Premiership. Correct lalala?[/quote]

That is, of course, quite crass. Naturally a successful football team attracts more supporters and they are not from the woodwork, I assure you. People, mostly, have other things to do in their lives as well and when their enthusiasm for football is stunted by poor performances and bad management, and all that goes with this package, then they chose to attend to those other interests. We are all big boys and girls after all.

Most football supporters make decisions about the fayre on show, they do not follow a team like sheep. They have more up top than to behave like that. Blind faith is not an attribute I intend to adhere to. Rubbish is rubbish, whether it wears a blue top or a yellow top.

By the way, I have supported the team for 40+ years, but admit to lapses in enthusiasm when crap is served up and it becomes a dispiriting experience. Negativity is to be avoided. There has to be more to our one life than courting that.

Sermon over. I never wear this "true supporter" nonsense with ease. We are all true supporters, but some prefer to be more selective than others.

Yes that is a fair reflection. The point im getting across is that its easy to like a team when they are doing well ( You cant jump on the gravy train and support a team when they are doing well ) as im sure the word support means (To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping) doesnt that apply to every single Norwich fan if we were on the slide? No didnt think so, as soon we have 1 bad result the like fans jump ship and whinge to hell. Dont get me wrong it was bad today but some (so called) fans are throwing the toys out of the pram against the window too much?

OTBC NMTD

Some people seem to think that being a fan/supporter only involves smiling and cheering no matter what happens!I am a Norwich fan no matter who is in charge and what league we are in. I am also p*ssed off with what is going on right now and want to see it changed.It seems some people think we should all be the supporter version of Andy Hughes.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Yes that is a fair reflection. The point im getting across is that its easy to like a team when they are doing well ( You cant jump on the gravy train and support a team when they are doing well ) as im sure the word support means (To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping) doesnt that apply to every single Norwich fan if we were on the slide? No didnt think so, as soon we have 1 bad result the like fans jump ship and whinge to hell. Dont get me wrong it was bad today but some (so called) fans are throwing the toys out of the pram against the window too much?

OTBC NMTD[/quote]

Day 1 results. Is it that hard? Those (oh my, "so called" should we do that? That''s controversial), fans, are upset, they have every right to be. Show some passion, excite me.

Please.

For the record, Hughton can have as long as he likes, as long as he delivers. When would I like him to deliver?

Day1 please. Fairly sure we don''t pay him from week 10.

If he doesn''t deliver, I reserve the right to moan like a girl constantly until he does. That does not make me an EX-FAN.

There is no point in "giving time" because there isn''t any time. Brian Gunn was not given any time. WE hired a "winner" and we should have kept him no matter what the cost. One of the main problems was that in loosing PL we also lost his assistants and that seems to have been forgotten. Hughton has not won a Premier League game for a very long time, if ever, and there is no reason to believe he will win one this coming Saturday. Norwich City Board in recent years have a poor record in their choice of Managers and they have got it wrong again. Get shut of Hughton and his side kicks and ask Harry to take the club to the next stage please. If Harry will not come borrow the cardboard advertising dummy of him from the entrance to Dunstan Hall Golf Club. The dummy will do less damage than the three that must have spent millions £ already to effect nothing better than a 5 - 0 drubbing.

To OP, yes Fulham looked excellent, they looked like a team confident in the way they were playing, the formation, the tactics and the lineup.

We did not, and I thought that was what pre-season was for. In this league we do not have the luxury of ten games for the players to get used to new ideas....

That was as bad as colchester for me. We were clueless. i left after 65 mins couldnt watch anymore. there was not one postive thing yesterday. he wont last five games if that continues. pathetic

I will keep paying and watching my footy team i support irrespective of who is in charge and what league we are in. Im Norwich born and bred and been watching Norwich for 30 years .Obviously you are a part time/glory hunter fan emerged from the woodwork when we got in the Premiership. Correct lalala?

Norfolk born, Norfolk bred, thick in the arms, thick in the head.

So MM, we''re YOU at Fulham then - because if you were there is no way in this world that YOU or anyone could defend the totally inept and tactically devoid performance that was an NCFC team sent out by Hughton. FFS in Calderwood we are SUPPOSED to have a top class defensive coach - looks like the only coaching he should be doing is driving the bloody bus home - I have never ever seen such a shambles - and the summary of the match from Capital radio sport was that NCFC were the worst team seen at the Cottage for many years, particularly their defence, and Tierney in particular! How right they were, and yes I was there. There is a distinct lack of quality in the city side, and it shows dreadfully, and unless this is addressed quickly, we will be watching championship football next season without doubt. This was a defeat on the same scale as Colchester only 3 seasons ago, and we all know how it went from there and why. Y

[quote user="Bobert"]There is no point in "giving time" because there isn''t any time. Brian Gunn was not given any time. WE hired a "winner" and we should have kept him no matter what the cost. One of the main problems was that in loosing PL we also lost his assistants and that seems to have been forgotten. Hughton has not won a Premier League game for a very long time, if ever, and there is no reason to believe he will win one this coming Saturday. Norwich City Board in recent years have a poor record in their choice of Managers and they have got it wrong again. Get shut of Hughton and his side kicks and ask Harry to take the club to the next stage please. If Harry will not come borrow the cardboard advertising dummy of him from the entrance to Dunstan Hall Golf Club. The dummy will do less damage than the three that must have spent millions £ already to effect nothing better than a 5 - 0 drubbing.[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]