Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

For crying out loud... some of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves

So I get home from Fulham, and the overreaction on here is absolutely mindblowingly staggering. I cannot believe some of what I am reading. Did any of you fickle people go to the game?Yes, it was a TERRIBLE performance. One of the worst I can remember in recent times. Yes, Hughton got his tactics wrong with the negativity in the first half. Yes, it''s a heartbreaking start to the season.But, people want him sacked?? Calling him ''clueless?'' Show a little respect people, it''s ONE game. If it is the same after ten games I would understand some venting, but my word give me a break. Hughton clearly felt he hadn''t set out our stalls right as he bought on a second striker at half time. People saying our players didn''t even try? What a load of rubbish. The reality is in the EXTREMELY hot conditions Fulham outplayed us. I bet you it doesn''t happen again next Saturday.I''m proud of the large majority of our fans who sang the team on till the very end, you know who you are if you did, true fans. Just remember where we were three years ago, take a breath, and look forward to next Saturday, because we will be out to prove a point. And for crying out loud, get behind the team.City till I die.

Oh FFS another "remember where we came from". How long can we use that before it gets boring? Oh hold on, it already f*****g has!!!!

We were crap today. Natural for us to be concerned because players never dared play that way under Lambert, but dared to in the first game under Hughton. He learned nothing from formation work in pre-season.

The lack of goals we are scoring doesn''t seem to be registering at all. I''m worried and i think if we make no further signings, we will be in trouble, so yes I remember full well where we came from and I can see all too quickly where we are heading if our players don''t play for Hughton.

Firstly, respect to all the supporters who went to watch the game. Like I''ve previously said before, I can understand people''s reactions, I still feel pretty annoyed and embarrassed about it. But it is only the first game of the season, I''m still hopeful in our next game we will improve. We still have players to return as well. 

We still have players to return - yes. However, none of those players to return are strikers. We haven''t scored in our last four, taking pre-season into account.

Surely it would be worth paying for a decent striker to come in, someone who could play alongside Holt. I can''t see why Hughton seems so relaxed about not bringing someone in. The hints are there, he''s just not taking them.

The OP is not saying he (she?) was happy with the performance, they''re just saying they are shocked at the level of reaction to one game when Hughton and the players are still trying to find their feet.

I completely agree

Couldn''t agree more - we need a quick, quality striker to play alongside Holt. Let''s hope the rumours around Vaughan''s departure means a new signing is in the offing .

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

The OP is not saying he (she?) was happy with the performance, they''re just saying they are shocked at the level of reaction to one game when Hughton and the players are still trying to find their feet.

I completely agree

[/quote]He :PExactly. I was apalled by the performance. But manager and players will learn quickly, the last thing we need are fickle fans getting on their backs after one game!

Forgot about Sunderland but that was as much about the players not playing for Lambert as Lambert bottling it too. Both to blame that night.

[quote user="Canary Chris"]So I get home from Fulham, and the overreaction on here is absolutely mindblowingly staggering. I cannot believe some of what I am reading. Did any of you fickle people go to the game?

Yes, it was a TERRIBLE performance. One of the worst I can remember in recent times. Yes, Hughton got his tactics wrong with the negativity in the first half. Yes, it''s a heartbreaking start to the season.

But, people want him sacked?? Calling him ''clueless?'' Show a little respect people, it''s ONE game. If it is the same after ten games I would understand some venting, but my word give me a break. Hughton clearly felt he hadn''t set out our stalls right as he bought on a second striker at half time. People saying our players didn''t even try? What a load of rubbish. The reality is in the EXTREMELY hot conditions Fulham outplayed us. I bet you it doesn''t happen again next Saturday.

I''m proud of the large majority of our fans who sang the team on till the very end, you know who you are if you did, true fans.

Just remember where we were three years ago, take a breath, and look forward to next Saturday, because we will be out to prove a point. And for crying out loud, get behind the team.

City till I die.
[/quote]

You are TOTALLY right.

Performance was poor, I don''t think anyone''s trying to say it was a good or even average performance. What I am shocked about is that some people have already suggested Hughton being dismissed (and not in a satirical way). I actually find that quite scary.

[quote user="Canary Chris"]So I get home from Fulham, and the overreaction on here is absolutely mindblowingly staggering. I cannot believe some of what I am reading. Did any of you fickle people go to the game?Yes, it was a TERRIBLE performance. One of the worst I can remember in recent times. Yes, Hughton got his tactics wrong with the negativity in the first half. Yes, it''s a heartbreaking start to the season.But, people want him sacked?? Calling him ''clueless?'' Show a little respect people, it''s ONE game. If it is the same after ten games I would understand some venting, but my word give me a break. Hughton clearly felt he hadn''t set out our stalls right as he bought on a second striker at half time. People saying our players didn''t even try? What a load of rubbish. The reality is in the EXTREMELY hot conditions Fulham outplayed us. I bet you it doesn''t happen again next Saturday.I''m proud of the large majority of our fans who sang the team on till the very end, you know who you are if you did, true fans. Just remember where we were three years ago, take a breath, and look forward to next Saturday, because we will be out to prove a point. And for crying out loud, get behind the team.City till I die.[/quote]

Crap. Right now we put every ounce of pressure on the team, the manager, everyfuckingone associated with this club, to get up and in to this season.

Nobody should be making excuses. To criticise the team when we under perform is not a barometer on loyalty. We didn''t perform today, we didn''t turn up. Get a fucking grip quickly and get in the game. Or why bother?

Simple as that.

[quote user="Gareth"]Performance was poor, I don''t think anyone''s trying to say it was a good or even average performance. What I am shocked about is that some people have already suggested Hughton being dismissed (and not in a satirical way). I actually find that quite scary.[/quote]

Tragically it''s a sign of the times ... no patience, no perspective and no dignity.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[quote user="Gareth"]Performance was poor, I don''t think anyone''s trying to say it was a good or even average performance. What I am shocked about is that some people have already suggested Hughton being dismissed (and not in a satirical way). I actually find that quite scary.[/quote]

Tragically it''s a sign of the times ... no patience, no perspective and no dignity.

[/quote]

We haven''t got time for dignity, and patience is a luxury, what''s your view on situation day1?

Sign of the times? What''s that? Anything you don''t approve of TODAY?

Man up, let''s hear it.

?

[quote user="lalala"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote] We haven''t got time for dignity, and patience is a luxury, what''s your view on situation day1? Sign of the times? What''s that? Anything you don''t approve of TODAY? Man up, let''s hear it. ?[/quote]

My view on ''situation day1'' is that it is day1.

The performance was poor today and wouldn''t have happened under Lambert but I can''t see the point in suggesting that Hughton is sacked (which is what I was agreeing with lalala about.

Do you think that Hughton should be sacked after today?

If you haven''t got ''time for dignity'' then you truly have my pity.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="lalala"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote] We haven''t got time for dignity, and patience is a luxury, what''s your view on situation day1? Sign of the times? What''s that? Anything you don''t approve of TODAY? Man up, let''s hear it. ?[/quote]

The performance was poor today and wouldn''t have happened under Lambert but I can''t see the point in suggesting that Hughton is sacked (which is what I was agreeing with lalala about.

[/quote]

Tragically no space for dignity in the premiership, we need to get it right from day 1, however ugly that may be.

Today we didn''t. Hughton Esq. Set out his stall for the patiently waiting Norwich public, and lets face it, it was a fucking shambles (UN-DISPUTED).

What would I do? Hang on, and hope that I''ve appointed the right man. There is precisely no other option[exactly]....

[quote user="lalala"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="lalala"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote] Tragically no space for dignity in the premiership, we need to get it right from day 1, however ugly that may be. Today we didn''t. Hughton Esq. Set out his stall for the patiently waiting Norwich public, and lets face it, it was a fucking shambles (UN-DISPUTED). What would I do? Hang on, and hope that I''ve appointed the right man. There is precisely no other option[exactly]....[/quote]

When I use the term dignity I don''t mean that we should pay too much respect to our opponents.

I mean that fans suggesting that Hughton should be fired have no dignity.

Bad tactics, strange team selection, lacklustre and spiritless performance, no overall pattern, questions about fitness, a clumsy debut by the manager''s new central defender crowning an overall dreadful performance at the back, Snodgrass looking lost. Should I go on? I can. It was awful and I can think of no positives whatsoever. Not one. 

I''m not ashamed of myself for questioning the ability of a highly paid individual, who arrived with acclaim, when he failed to get one single thing right in his debut game for NCFC.

Defeat? OK. Performance? Dire.

There would not be one Fulham supporter on the terraces today who would not now tip us as certs for relegation. They have been accustomed to Premiership teams there for a few seasons now and Hughton''s heroes must surely have been the worst that they have seen.

Get your thinking together Mr. Hughton, or piss off.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="lalala"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="lalala"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote] Tragically no space for dignity in the premiership, we need to get it right from day 1, however ugly that may be. Today we didn''t. Hughton Esq. Set out his stall for the patiently waiting Norwich public, and lets face it, it was a fucking shambles (UN-DISPUTED). What would I do? Hang on, and hope that I''ve appointed the right man. There is precisely no other option[exactly]....[/quote]

When I use the term dignity I don''t mean that we should pay too much respect to our opponents.

I mean that fans suggesting that Hughton should be fired have no dignity.

[/quote]

They''re reacting as a direct result of the utter shambles that was trotted out in yellow and green today, because they love their club, if that means calling for a the head of sobeit.

Gladly dignity does not factor in those circumstances, whilst I may not be a willing contributor, I am happy to see the pressure placed at the very door of Mr Hughton.

Its fine to be disappointed and indeed atad angry but there is too much over reaction on the basis of one game. Hughton would do well though to reflect and it is to be hoped therre is a reaction next week. Trouble is QPR will also expect a reaction whoever loses that one will have terrible pressure on them look for a 0 - 0

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Bad tactics, strange team selection, lacklustre and spiritless performance, no overall pattern, questions about fitness, a clumsy debut by the manager''s new central defender crowning an overall dreadful performance at the back, Snodgrass looking lost. Should I go on? I can. It was awful and I can think of no positives whatsoever. Not one. 

I''m not ashamed of myself for questioning the ability of a highly paid individual, who arrived with acclaim, when he failed to get one single thing right in his debut game for NCFC.

Defeat? OK. Performance? Dire.

There would not be one Fulham supporter on the terraces today who would not now tip us as certs for relegation. They have been accustomed to Premiership teams there for a few seasons now and Hughton''s heroes must surely have been the worst that they have seen.

Get your thinking together Mr. Hughton, or piss off.

[/quote]

Well said, sir, well said.  The gulf between expectation and reality yesterday was not measured in inches or feet - it was measured in miles, and ultimately we looked leagues short of where Bor expected us to be from all the praise and reassurance issued by McNally and the mouthpieces.

That was the worst performance since Colchester, I''ve only seen a handful of people saying he should be sacked now, which is knee jerk. What I have seen is people saying the tactics and team selection was clueless, That the new signings had shocking games and the players looked unprepared for the game. The comparisons with the Colchester game were clear to see and if he doesn''t get right on top of this and sort it out he won''t be in the job for long. I don''t see anything to be ashamed of there, it''s just fact.

I agree with you Chris, there does seem to be a massive over reaction to this one off freak result. I think we should judge the situation after ten games, not one.

But saying that, the result and performance was unacceptable. The players, manager and coaches need to sort it out, and quickly.

I''m not sure what targets we would expect after 10 games to make a judgement - we have some tricky matches that we wouldn''t necessarily expect to win.  I''m not sure I had Fulham down as an away win anyway before the match given our record - a draw would have been a good result.

It was the manner of the defeat that is the problem - I can''t think of a single positive, except perhaps that a reality check came early and the transfer window isn''t already shut!!!

[quote user="Canary Chris"]So I get home from Fulham, and the overreaction on here is absolutely mindblowingly staggering. I cannot believe some of what I am reading. Did any of you fickle people go to the game?Yes, it was a TERRIBLE performance. One of the worst I can remember in recent times. Yes, Hughton got his tactics wrong with the negativity in the first half. Yes, it''s a heartbreaking start to the season.But, people want him sacked?? Calling him ''clueless?'' Show a little respect people, it''s ONE game. If it is the same after ten games I would understand some venting, but my word give me a break. Hughton clearly felt he hadn''t set out our stalls right as he bought on a second striker at half time. People saying our players didn''t even try? What a load of rubbish. The reality is in the EXTREMELY hot conditions Fulham outplayed us. I bet you it doesn''t happen again next Saturday.I''m proud of the large majority of our fans who sang the team on till the very end, you know who you are if you did, true fans. Just remember where we were three years ago, take a breath, and look forward to next Saturday, because we will be out to prove a point. And for crying out loud, get behind the team.City till I die.[/quote]

"Well, he tried to change it at half time..."

Half time was too late. We needed to change it after the first or second goal.

At my youth team we''re taught that when it''s a hot day, pass the ball. Let the ball do the work. Therefore you save energy and the opposition tire themselves out by chasing the ball around. Fulham were able to do that, and we weren''t. Why?

Oh well, 37 games to go, plenty of time for it to turn around.

OTBC

[quote user="Canary Chris"]So I get home from Fulham, and the overreaction on here is absolutely mindblowingly staggering. I cannot believe some of what I am reading. Did any of you fickle people go to the game?Yes, it was a TERRIBLE performance. One of the worst I can remember in recent times. Yes, Hughton got his tactics wrong with the negativity in the first half. Yes, it''s a heartbreaking start to the season.But, people want him sacked?? Calling him ''clueless?'' Show a little respect people, it''s ONE game. If it is the same after ten games I would understand some venting, but my word give me a break. Hughton clearly felt he hadn''t set out our stalls right as he bought on a second striker at half time. People saying our players didn''t even try? What a load of rubbish. The reality is in the EXTREMELY hot conditions Fulham outplayed us. I bet you it doesn''t happen again next Saturday.I''m proud of the large majority of our fans who sang the team on till the very end, you know who you are if you did, true fans. Just remember where we were three years ago, take a breath, and look forward to next Saturday, because we will be out to prove a point. And for crying out loud, get behind the team.City till I die.[/quote]Completely agree with Chris. I was pissed off yesterday too , but you can''t ask for the manager''s head after 1 game can you? The most important is that the players felt the kick up their backsides and give their all the next game, to set this straight.

I dont think there has been an overreaction to the game itself, the biggest reaction came after the shocking interview hughton gave!!!

If he really believes all he said , we are in trouble

From my point of view it''s Hughton''s post match coments that are equally, no, more so worrying, than the complete and utter diabolical shambles on show at Fulham.  That''s why I am so concerned.[:(]