Come on! Cast yourselves back a couple of years ago.; West Brom got promoted and relgated in two years. They then got promoted again and went up with us and Palace last season. Then hovering pricuriously near the bottom of the table, and their manager, Gary megson got sacked. AFTER TWO RELEGATIONS!!!

And here''s you lot talking about sacking worthy after we haven''t even completed a full premiership season yet! He has done wonders for this club and you''re talking about sacking him!

God almighty!!

Hear, Hear.

I can''t believe what I am reading on the ''Worthy has blown it'' post! I''d much rather have a well-run and harmonious club that is working together rather than changing managers everytime it suits. Done that! What did that gain us - absolutely nothing. Worthington appears to be loyal, has the highest coaching qualifications available in Europe and seems to have a good relationship with the board. Give me that any day.

Having said I would still like them to stay up and will be rooting for NCFC until the bitter end - but if they go down, there shouldn''t be an exodus of players and the club and manager will have learnt and will hopefully progress.

Best of luck to the board, staff, players and supporters.

Both Curbishley and Allardyce were relegated at the 1st attempt- they both developed into superb managers- establishing clubs in the top flight with little cash is remarkable.

Had Bolton and Charlton shortsightedly sacked their men- I am sure they would presently be yo yoing between the divisions.

Give Worthy and the boys time and support...

in the 3.15 at Cheltenham?

Worthy is the right man for the club for the foreseeable future - we are behind  him and will be so during the next season  - who I will continue to highlight the weaknesses that are there.

OTBC  

Keep the man on board - he is the best for the job and too many people want instant success when deep down 99% of fans knew we would struggle this year anyway.  A good few years of building is necessary which cannot happen everytime we sack a manager just because something goes wrong.  I have great faith in that we will at least be in play offs next year if not automatic promotion so lets put the Worthy out to rest and concentrate on what we do best and that is supporting everyone connected with the club.

[quote]Come on! Cast yourselves back a couple of years ago.; West Brom got promoted and relgated in two years. They then got promoted again and went up with us and Palace last season. Then hovering pricuriou...[/quote]

If Worthy pulls this off ncfc, I will eat my brand new wand, and stuff my balls up where the sun don''t shine!.

And of course claim that I knew he would do it all the time!. 

That''s how sure I am that we won''t stay up.

I''m not saying that we will definitely stay up, I''m saying back the manager. We will go back up and we should back the manager to do that. Most of you lot are saying sack him and we haven''t even been relegated yet. We may yet stay up. That is all I am saying wizard!!

I don''t think there have been that many actual calls for him to go unless I''m mistaken. However there has been some genuine debate about whether he has made the right decisions, got the right players in and has the right tactical awareness etc. The vast majority back Worthy and he may well develop into a Curbishley, but we don''t seem to have adapted as well as we could (and perhaps should) have done. I don''t advocate any chaneg at all but I do encourage the debate (its part of why we love this game........)

[quote]I don''t think there have been that many actual calls for him to go unless I''m mistaken. However there has been some genuine debate about whether he has made the right decisions, got the right players ...[/quote]

Tumbleweed, I think you''ve hit the nail on the head. I don''t think too many of the Worthy detractors are saying that the club should sack him. However, I think he still has so much to prove in the eyes of many of the posters here, me included.

Yes, he got City back to the promised land.

Yes, it was his first season in the highest level league in this country.

But, and this is a HUGE but (for me anyway) he has not learned as quickly as he needs to to help the club survive in the Premiership. He appears to put personal feelings/friendships with players before player form, to the detriment of the team. Sure friendships with players and having players respect counts but when it comes down to it, the only thing that really matters as a manager are results.

From my perspective, he couldn''t honestly be able to stand up and say "I got the results I think we deserved" (maybe he can). He''s persisted with off-form players and poor tactics to the detriment of the team. Clearly he doesn''t see what many posters here do otherwise he would have changed things.

I hope for his sake and, more importantly, for the sake of the club that he does learn quicker and if (again big if) he does keep us here or bring us back he has learnt lessons that mean we will stay in the Premiership.