Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

The silence is deafening

Im not going to harp on more about the result yesterday - it speaks for its self. But after such a humiliating first day, it''s very apparent that something''s needs to be said or done. The club have said nothing. I''m seeing most other clubs linked with more and more players, and some are real quality. There seems to be nothing at all coming from our club. Some news regarding a player might help people forget about the absolute hiding we got yesterday. Or a statement to reassure fans that we are ok, and heading where we want to head. That sort of thing. Maybe some people higher up are realising that this is not the case. As long as the silence goes on, fans will make up their own minds.

What do you want them to say?Do you need an actual board member to come round your house and cuddle you?

What?

What clubs have said anything today? Hughton did his post match interview, thats what happens after a game.

And no one releases news about players they are chasing, the only transfer talk you see is mostly guesswork. Very little has any truth in it.

Have QPR released a list of transfer targets? Or the owners released a statement of intent?

Not quite sure what your expecting here...

[quote user="Wiz"]Win or lose, Lambert always faced the Cananary Player camera after a game, the coward is in hiding.[/quote]Wiz ol'' mate. You know I''ve always backed your right of opinion. However calling Hoots that after one game even though it was arguably the worst in about 3 years.  Is a little OTT.

Yeah, i''d love a cuddle. Jesus! The club have said over the years that "we all need to pull the same way". Fans have already started asking for Hughton to be sacked. After a single game!! Fans are divided already. It will take something pretty good next week to undo people''s opinions on the club/manager etc. from what I saw in pre season and yesterday, there is no sign of anything getting any better. It''s not one result, it''s an entire pre season that has led to this. Some statement from the club to reassure the fans, or even let them know that they''re as unhappy about it as we are, might help keep many more fans on side.

Re other clubs signing players, Swansea, everton, Sunderland all signed or signing players, this morning alone! Not huge clubs that we should be competing with, in league position as well as transfer targets. It would be nice to hear that we are at least trying to sign a certain caliber of player. Would certainly make me feel better.

After one game CH credibility has already gone. His tactics are rubbish. His post match interview was rubbish. There is now way back for him now even after I game. I sat there yesterday humiliated even my fulham mates after the game couldn''t take the P as they realised the game I up!

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Yeah, i''d love a cuddle. Jesus! The club have said over the years that "we all need to pull the same way". Fans have already started asking for Hughton to be sacked. After a single game!! Fans are divided already. It will take something pretty good next week to undo people''s opinions on the club/manager etc. from what I saw in pre season and yesterday, there is no sign of anything getting any better. It''s not one result, it''s an entire pre season that has led to this. Some statement from the club to reassure the fans, or even let them know that they''re as unhappy about it as we are, might help keep many more fans on side.

Re other clubs signing players, Swansea, everton, Sunderland all signed or signing players, this morning alone! Not huge clubs that we should be competing with, in league position as well as transfer targets. It would be nice to hear that we are at least trying to sign a certain caliber of player. Would certainly make me feel better.[/quote]But isn''t it obvious that they will be as unhappy as us? Or are you assuming that the whole team are relaxing on loungers, having their feet massaged, not caring a jot?I have said it before, and I will say it again, anyone who thinks a manager should be sacked after one COMPETITIVE game is an idiot.And re the pre season, had we won yesterday then folks would be carping on about how pre season means nothing.Fickle and pathetic.

[quote user="morty"]What do you want them to say?

Do you need an actual board member to come round your house and cuddle you?
[/quote]

To be honest with you, I think that would be a helpful move and perhaps Archant could work with the club to make things seem better this week by having a series of photo opportunities. 

David McNally cutting a piece of cake for an old lady at a hospice

Delia Smith launching a series of  "I can stand the heat" apron designs with John Ruddy modelling the matching oven gloves,

Michael Foulger giving chickens a last minute reprieve in front of some cheering lefties

Alan Bowkett volunteering in a Samaritans call centre

Bor would be a happy old Bor alright.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[quote user="morty"]What do you want them to say?Do you need an actual board member to come round your house and cuddle you?[/quote]

To be honest with you, I think that would be a helpful move and perhaps Archant could work with the club to make things seem better this week by having a series of photo opportunities. 

Delia Smith launching a series of  "I can stand the heat" apron designs with John Ruddy modelling the matching oven gloves,

Michael Foulger giving chickens a last minute reprieve in front of some cheering lefties

[/quote]Your plan had me, apart from the McNally part, I really don''t think he''s a cuddly kind of guy.The rest sounds good though[Y]

He did face the camera right after the game and was on MOTD. They played badly and adopted the wrong strategy towards the game in my opinion. The right thing to do is to get their heads down, take it on the chin and work hard to put it right next week. The way to achieve that is to go back to basics and work on the things that we have done right in the last 3 years. What else are they meant to do. Whipping them though the streets of Norwich or putting them in the stocks as an act of pennance is hardly going to improve things. If you want us to start panic buying on the back of this I wouldnt suggest that is wise. Arsenal did that by buying Mertesacker, Santos and Arteta after the 8-2 defeat. That was £24 million laid out and in my opinion only Arteta has really come off for them.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[quote user="morty"]What do you want them to say?Do you need an actual board member to come round your house and cuddle you?[/quote]

[/quote]MWJ doing a photo shoot for Jenny Craig would do it for me.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Buzz Killington"]Yeah, i''d love a cuddle. Jesus! The club have said over the years that "we all need to pull the same way". Fans have already started asking for Hughton to be sacked. After a single game!! Fans are divided already. It will take something pretty good next week to undo people''s opinions on the club/manager etc. from what I saw in pre season and yesterday, there is no sign of anything getting any better. It''s not one result, it''s an entire pre season that has led to this. Some statement from the club to reassure the fans, or even let them know that they''re as unhappy about it as we are, might help keep many more fans on side.

Re other clubs signing players, Swansea, everton, Sunderland all signed or signing players, this morning alone! Not huge clubs that we should be competing with, in league position as well as transfer targets. It would be nice to hear that we are at least trying to sign a certain caliber of player. Would certainly make me feel better.[/quote]But isn''t it obvious that they will be as unhappy as us? Or are you assuming that the whole team are relaxing on loungers, having their feet massaged, not caring a jot?I have said it before, and I will say it again, anyone who thinks a manager should be sacked after one COMPETITIVE game is an idiot.And re the pre season, had we won yesterday then folks would be carping on about how pre season means nothing.Fickle and pathetic.

[/quote]

I don''t believe I mentioned the players at all. Neither did I say that the manager should be sacked. I said that some fans already want him out. I think you''re reading what you want to read there. all I''m saying is that after such a non performance it would be good to hear something from the club, or some sort f good news to placate the crazies.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Im not going to harp on more about the result yesterday - it speaks for its self. But after such a humiliating first day, it''s very apparent that something''s needs to be said or done. The club have said nothing. I''m seeing most other clubs linked with more and more players, and some are real quality. There seems to be nothing at all coming from our club. Some news regarding a player might help people forget about the absolute hiding we got yesterday. Or a statement to reassure fans that we are ok, and heading where we want to head. That sort of thing. Maybe some people higher up are realising that this is not the case. As long as the silence goes on, fans will make up their own minds.[/quote]

I totally agree with you BK .... and the response that you are getting to your original post here from the likes of Gp and Morty are starting to get a little monotonous .... like they are the only people who can see a bigger picture and that we are all idiots for feeling that something has gone badly wrong over the summer ,,, and that some drastic action needs to take place on ALL fronts ... another post is questioning our purchases this summer ...and some releases ...... and some possible targets as suspect to say the least .... bring in players that are no better than we had ...sending out players that could do a job ....and targeting players when we have adequate cover in a respective position,,, I am shitting myself that Hughton is not the right man for us .....................AND I  WAS ONE WHO WAS TRULY PLEASED  when his appointment was anounced , so unlike Wiz , it is not an ongoing but  building feeling that we have got the wrong man .