Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

enjoyed this season?

All this talk from Worthy about enjoying the season makes me wonder whether anyone really has. I haven''t.

At the start when we seemed to be playing quite well but not getting results, there seemed grounds for optimism. These days, it''s mostly embarassing and getting tonked week in week out is dull.

As someone who only really gets to away games, last season was a lot more fun. More games and a chance of winning, and as for the glorious wonder of seeing the world''s top players, well, seeing them stick a few past us doesn''t make the ridiculous ticket prices any less annoying.

I think we''ll go down without a shadow of doubt and I''m looking forward to another promotion run next season and coming back up with some slightly greater chance of staying up.

So, has anyone else in truth really enjoyed this season?

cue flame.......! 

No, can''t say I have really.  We were season ticket holders last year as well.  There is no worse feeling than walking away from the ground when you have lost

For me the season has been a bit of a anti climax ! Yes we have struggled most seasons in the top League,fighting off relegation in the old 1st division every season, a couple of good seasons in the Prem then crash bang wallop RELEGATION! Then after 9 long years of waiting we are finally back but only to be worse than the team that got us relegated in the begining all those years ago. I really dont belive there has been enough fight from the team in matches,not only is it gut wrenching, its bloody embaressing! However i do feel Delia & co have done a good job with the finances & am really looking forward to next seasons promotion push. Yes we will probably lose a couple of decent players,but know one is ireplacable.Hucks will be everyones favourite again as he easily skips past some 36 yr old defender without fallling over,Ashton will bang em in like theres no tomorow & our defence,whoever they may be would think they are on the school playing field after this season.

But anyway........ this season has been a major anti climax for me.

I agree with what was said earlier. At the start of the season it was ok cos were were playing well so we thought we could turn it around, but now its becoming a bit of a joke. I still think we have a miniscule chance of survival, i will not be defeated until its mathematically impossible for us to stay up. I must admit though that i have enjoyed travelling to grounds like old trafford, anfield and stamford bridge.( before the backlash begins i also went to wba and birmingham so i dont just go to the ''big'' grounds) Sometimes i have been in awe of such class players at the fortress and away from home, lampard at the bridge being one example, i had just wished that it wasnt against my team though.

If we lose on saturday, bring on a trip to elland road next year!

Keep the Faith, OTBC

I remember coming away from White Hart Lane earlier this season with the same buzz I felt after coming away from Turf Moor, the Madejski, Highfield Rd etc last season. At the beginning of the season we showed so much promise, but we''ve just got worse and worse - it''s like the players have gotten tired of having to fight so damned hard to get anything out of a game.

Now when you''re travelling to away matches you know it''s going to be a long ride back. The prices of the tickets make that worse and frankly, I just want this season to be over!

Have I enjoyed this season?  Yes, but not as much as I thought I would if I''m absolutely honest.  Coming home from Old Trafford and White Hart Lane at the beginning of the season, I was absolutely loving it.  But as Beds has said we haven''t looked as good since then.  Obviously injuries have played a massive part of that.

I think I''ll take this year as a learning curve.  I know it''s a cliche, but i will.  If we stay up or if we go down, we will be much better prepared for the next time we are in the Premiership (next season hopefully!)  Worthy will be more astute tactically and will know how important concentration and extra fitness levels are at in this league.  The players will also know what it is like.  Most importantly you and me, the fans, will know what to expect.  We will know how hard it is to mix it with the big boys in the 21st Century in English football.  That is probably the most important part of what this season has been about

The main problem I have with being in the Premiership is the stop-start nature of the season. At least in the Championship there''s always another game only a matter of days away following a defeat or another team to hammer if the team are buzzing and full of confidence.

The weeks off at a time due to situations which don''t involve Norwich (i.e. the Champions League and by-and-large both the FA and Coca Cola Cup too...)

That for me has been the biggest disappointment of the Premiership. In a perverse way I''m looking forward to the hustle and bustle of the fixture calender next year with games on top of one another and the chance to immerse completely myself in football from August 2005 to May 2006.

Quality-wise, I''ve enjoyed the Premiership and despite becoming the whipping boys of the Prem but I think that was to be expecting to some degree, perhaps not as we have seen in evidence though...

Yes, I have enjoyed it.  It has been difficult but we have played some good football and with a bit of luck we could be in a much healthier position.  I just wish we weren''t so naive sometimes in games where we should have held on to leads or held out for a draw, thats where it gets embarrasing, having to watch us throw it away. 

We can still do it you know, I realise it is a tall order but football''s a funny old game!!

At the start I was really enjoying it, I''ll never forget the feeling of euphoria as we came back to get a draw at St James Park, the cliffhangers at White Hart Lane, the moment when Bentley struck one against the bar at Old Trafford. But those days are long gone. As a previous poster said, I''ve been to most of the games this season and seen us get progressivly worse. So much so that this Saturday I really can''t warrant scraping together the £50-60 to go to Bolton as I can''t face another crushing disappointment.

At least now I can watch it on Sky and quickly quell the pain with a stiff drink if it all goes pete tong

I also enjoyed the early part of the season but as has been said we have got progressively worse as time has gone by and it has become embarrassing at times. The most annoying thing for me is that we have an attack well capable of causing many teams problems but we don''t have anyone except hucks that are capable of providing the service to the strikers.

The less said about our defence the better as far as I''m concerned. The premier league is all about money nowadays and any team getting promoted will struggle unless they have at least 20 million to spend. With 3 or 4 good additions we should have a very good chance of coming back next year and even without allowing for any fees from outgoing players I would expect Worthy to have at least 3 or 4 million to spend which is a heck of a lot of money at that level.

Some interesting thoughts here.

I have not enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. I have enjoyed being able to watch us on Match of the Day every week and the news coverage has obviously been much better. Being in the Premiership has put us on the map.

The thing which has probably annoyed me the most is that we shouldn''t be going down. The 1st 10 to 15 games of the season we were at our best and there were 7 or 8 games we really should have won. I also remember watching games we lost and thinking we should have got a least a point but we didn''t because we can''t score.

Nigel Worthington really hit it on the head for me about 2/3 of the way through the season when he said other teams need 1 or 2 chances to score, we seem to need 5 or 6 chances just to get one goal. That has changed a bit with the purchase of Ashton and also Mckenzie''s upturn.

The defense is certainly to blame for our poor second part of the season. I know Darren Huckerby has come out and said it''s the team''s fault, but I think the midfield and the attack, certainly in the second part of the season, has been quite good. But Edworthy and Fleming have been awful of late and Green has been avarage...certainly not England class.

Things look good for next year though but only if we can hold onto our players.

I have enjoyed the media coverage and ability to see publicity on the city but some of the performances have been disappointing.

Overall I have enjoyed watching some very talented footballers fracing carrow road but myoverall impression is that the level of difference between the prem and champ is exaggerated - but for a couple of defenders who can defend and manager who picks his best team rather than his favoured 11 men we COULD have been mid table.  

Of course its tough in a relegation threatened season - but its a damn sight better than the vast majority of football watched over the last 10 seasons - give me a relegation prem season over mid table championship any time.

OTBC

I, like most posters enjoyed the early start to the season when we weren''t getting the rub of the green, but playing some good stuff. Since our luck has marginally improved, our performances have been poor. Beatings at Villa, Charlton and Blackburn were very low points

I''m with you Zipper, as tough as it is to see the team losing too often, providing they give there all I still find a loss "acceptable" at this stage.

Interestingly, I was listening to Talksport yesterday breakfast and the pundits remarked that for them this years relegation struggle is more exciting than the top positions. Well, what about that, we''re entertaining the nation.

Have I enjoyed being walloped most weeks? No

Have I enjoyed the experience of being back in the Prem? Absolutely yes.

My main emotion is of frustration. It has come out of not seeing us learn as well as the other promoted teams, of not seeing that our defence has been suspect all season and not reinforcing it, of not having any evidence that they work on the basics back in training, of sloppy stupid mistakes and a rigorous adherence to fixed tactics and favourite players, of buying quality and not getting the most out of it.

We will be relegated, of that I am sure, but we shouldn''t be. This year the points total to survive will likely be the LOWEST EVER. Yet despite that we will go down. We romped to the Championship title last year, we started playing well this season, we do now have some genuinely gifted players.

My frustration is of having thrown away our Premiership place carelessly and sloppily when it should have been the easiest one to have survived ever.

I have really enjoyed this season. Fair enough, sometimes its been very difficult and frustrating but, most of the time it''s been good. My favourite moment from the season has to be McKenzies goal against Chelsea the other week. It was brilliant how the atmosphere just shot through the roof. Everyone was singing, terrific stuff. We maybe playing lesser opposition next season (not saying it''ll be a walk in the park though) but when we get a good run of results going, it''ll be brilliant as we''ve been starved of that this year. Can''t wait!!!