Sign in to follow this  
Delias Love Child

Tell me this?

I have been a Norwich fan for over 25 years. I now live in America but follow us most weeks through better TV coverage than I could get back home. Today has to be the worst performance I have seen in 5+ years (excluding Colchester at home). We were dire. No one in the team seemed to bother. After the first goal I worried that we would be losing by more than the 6 we lost there back in ''05. The arrival of Hughton was greeted like he was made for Norwich. And I have to ask why? He has never done anything as a Manager. He had a season at Birmingham and a season and a bit at Newcastle. Neither were bad, yet neither set the world on fire. Yes, he won the Championship with Newcastle (so did Warnock with QPR), but they had a very good squad that stayed together after relegation. But apart from that, he has done nothing of note.We did so well in getting up with a prosperous manager, why did we not aim better? Why did we settle for someone who has not really achieved much. (This is what Lambert was and he proved to be a forward thinking manager.) But we are in the Premier League and we should have aimed forward and upwards. I can''t see what Hughton has done that should have made us trust in him? A nice guy. but not what we need right now. A manager with more than 20 games Premier League Experience would have been a preferenceToday made me sick. No Discipline, No Passion, No Formation, No Chances and No Hope.........

Good first post which I am inclined to agree with, Hughton was a gamble imo and wouldn''t have been my first choice. I will give him time though...what choice do we have?

Sadly, we don''t have any choice but to stick with him. I pray that he proves each and every one of the us doubters wrong. I worry that if it all goes wrong we will be back where we were, pre Lambert. I hope we see some serious passion when we play QPR.......

Unfortunately I agree with a lot of what you have written . I was one who thought that CH may just be the man we needed , and that he had slipped under the radar of others ......not quite so sure ......and now I too am hoping that my present  feelings are ill founded .

BTW ...where in USA are you ?

At the time of the appointment i was keen on Hughton.A lot of people wanted Holloway but i allways saw him as a bit of an idiot.In hindsight Holloway would of been a far better appointment than Hughton.He is certianly no Lambert but he has the same philosophy, unlinke Hughton.

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]At the time of the appointment i was keen on Hughton.
A lot of people wanted Holloway but i allways saw him as a bit of an idiot.
In hindsight Holloway would of been a far better appointment than Hughton.
He is certianly no Lambert but he has the same philosophy, unlinke Hughton.

[/quote]

Who cares what a guy is like as long as he has the right philosophy, gets results and is not a criminal or wife-beater etc ?  At least Holloway has a great sense of humour.  Hughton has the wrong philosophy for us and sadly my views before his appointment may be in the course of being proven correct.

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]I live out in Charlotte in North Carolina
[/quote]

AHHH! So  a NASCAR fan now ?

I have spent a lot of time down in fort lauderdale , and previously in Dallas , I always think its strange to come in from the pool at 9 or 10 in the morning for kick off ! :)