Sign in to follow this  
Essexiled Canary

Reasons why Harry Redknapp is the second best manager behind Worthy!!

Just thought i''d get the ball rolling with:

Turned a two bit football club with no prospects, who were the laughing stock of the south coast, into a club who can now claim that they are bigger than Brighton!!

What a wonderfully accurate post. I don''t think I could have put it better myself. Maybe our Pompey friend will need a little time line to understand.

Then - this is in the past
Laughing stock

Now - like today but better
Still a laughing stock after your performance, but in a slightly elivated position

Future - this is like tomorrow, but then it could be next week... depends on how God is feeling
Laughing stock falling from a great height into obscurity.

Understand?

You''ve only been in the Prem for a year or so, and yet you seem to have the opinion that you now have a devine right to be there. Bit like West Ham fans. No one has a right in football!

Check Book manager. Thats the first point, even though it may not be clear at the moment!

Secondly look at where he has been and seen how well he has done. Dont get me wrong I think he could be a good England manager but his record isnt exactly great.

Firstly although he doesnt rely on paying big money in a transfer fee he likes to use it to bait the players through wages. Thats how he got a team together at Portsmouth. When he left West Ham a close friend of mine suggested that the club wasnt that bothered because it was rumoured that he had been signing players on the cheap but giving the rediculous money incentives that the club had got fed up with forking out.

He hasnt ever really got a team higher than mid table Premiership, which may seem like a great thing to us at the moment but when you are able to sign premiership players like Stone, Berger etc its not great surprise.

Then there is the fact that when the going has got tough hes buggerd off! West Ham werent happy with his weeler-dealing and he could no longer do exactly as he whished, boom hes out the door. Same thing at Portsmouth when the Chairman wouldnt back his every move.

Redknap doesnt seem as committed as Worthington is in the way that he is capable of working with the club and for it. Worthington is clever in that he doesnt seem bothered with how much money he gets he will still try and do the best with it. Also if he has any problems they seem to be kept locked away from the media unlike Harry who seems to go bleeting when he has a problem.

Worthy is a far, far better manager than many people on here and in the media are willing to admit. Just look at the way he goes about his buisiness quietly without so much as a rumour even coming out acurately!

Chicken - thats a very accurate summary of ol'' ''arry boy. No loyalty except to his own bank balance.

Mandorich had enough of the silly money and didn''t see anything of broader developments such as a good acedemy infrastructure. Nope, - because you can''t buy that - it takes something more. Give me Worthy every time.

First things first, I''m a norwich fan, not a southampton fan. There is an argument that you should always stick up for your own. But there''s also an argument that you should call it like you find it. 

On this one I think you''re wrong. If Norwich had had Harry at the helm, or Mark Hughes or Ian Dowie or just about any other premier manager, I think we''d have fared a lot better this season.  They''ve proved what you can do, with a limited squad and limited funds. And you only have to look at what Harry has done with no money in the past. He''s got a proven track record. Okay, he''s a bit gobby and a bit of a wheeler dealer, but I tell you something, the reason he wheels and deals so well is because he''s one of the most well-connected, well-liked managers in football. Players want to come and play for him.  And when he does open his mouth, at least something original comes out of it, instead of the same tired old cliches.  The reason Worthington doesn''t do his business in public is because he''s got nothing worthwhile to say. I put up with the stuck record for a dozen or so games, but now when they do the after-match interviews on sky after the game, I go and hide in the kitchen out of embarrassment. One of these days he''s going to turn round and reveal a key in his back. 

Can you imagine Harry Redknapp still playing Fleming, after the shambolic display he''s put up all season? Can you imagine Harry buying ping-pong Svensson? Or headless chicken Jonson? Or boring as dishwater Brennan? Let alone playing them!