Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Let's all overreact!!!!

well didnt you just know it!! after a horrid result today we get the relegated already, sack Hughton etc calls and posts!! Jeez, its ONE game people!!! Remember what happened THREE seasons ago after we got humped on the first day!!! I know we changed the manager after that game but its not the right thing to do with hughton!! He will have learnt all about what a job he has today, more than in the friendlies!! If we are struggling after 8 games then we need to worry!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]well didnt you just know it!! after a horrid result today we get the relegated already, sack Hughton etc calls and posts!! Jeez, its ONE game people!!! Remember what happened THREE seasons ago after we got humped on the first day!!! I know we changed the manager after that game but its not the right thing to do with hughton!! He will have learnt all about what a job he has today, more than in the friendlies!! If we are struggling after 8 games then we need to worry!!!
[/quote]

After 8 games it''ll be already too late.

[quote user="baldyboy"]well didnt you just know it!! after a horrid result today we get the relegated already, sack Hughton etc calls and posts!! Jeez, its ONE game people!!! Remember what happened THREE seasons ago after we got humped on the first day!!! I know we changed the manager after that game but its not the right thing to do with hughton!! He will have learnt all about what a job he has today, more than in the friendlies!! If we are struggling after 8 games then we need to worry!!![/quote]

For me he has 6 games to show he has learnt from today''s appalling display. If performances don''t improve, and if we don''t get some decent results, I would not hesitate to sack him after game 6. All the omens did not look good going into this match. A woeful pre-season where scoring goals looked impossible. Cue game 1, a defensive line up and I thought I was back in 2004-05 with Worthington wondering if we''ll go the whole season without winning an away league game again. Because that''s what will happen if Hughton carries on lining the team up like he did today. Not impressed thus far. Not impressed at all.

I am frankly embarrassed to be associated with some posters on here.I cringe, knowing fans of other teams will be reading this forum and laughing their fucking heads off.

[quote user="morty"]I am frankly embarrassed to be associated with some posters on here.I cringe, knowing fans of other teams will be reading this forum and laughing their fucking heads off.

[/quote]They''ve probably got better things to do.  I have... I''ve got to check out the Liverpool boards.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="morty"]I am frankly embarrassed to be associated with some posters on here.I cringe, knowing fans of other teams will be reading this forum and laughing their fucking heads off.

[/quote]They''ve probably got better things to do.  I have... I''ve got to check out the Liverpool boards.[/quote][:)]The QPR result was a silver lining too[Y]

[quote user="morty"]I am frankly embarrassed to be associated with some posters on here.I cringe, knowing fans of other teams will be reading this forum and laughing their fucking heads off.

[/quote]

Spot on. Snap

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]well didnt you just know it!! after a horrid result today we get the relegated already, sack Hughton etc calls and posts!! Jeez, its ONE game people!!! Remember what happened THREE seasons ago after we got humped on the first day!!! I know we changed the manager after that game but its not the right thing to do with hughton!! He will have learnt all about what a job he has today, more than in the friendlies!! If we are struggling after 8 games then we need to worry!!![/quote]

After 8 games it''ll be already too late.

[/quote]We cannot afford to lose touch, so QPR now becomes massive. Some hard games early on in the season means we need to be close to a point a game after 8-10 games. The run in is better but the danger is losing confidence with a poor start.Hughton''s more orthodox (some say negative) approach was always a worry. Hopefully he can stabilise things but from what I''ve seen in pre season and today it''s painfully obvious he is a cautious manager. What I loved about PL was his lack of fear and willingness to change things quickly when his first plan didn''t work. When we went behind today I knew it was game over. I never got that impression with PL.

[/quote]

Sometimes I just have to shake my head at some posters. How long have you supported Norwich? Take that experience you''ve accumulated. Is this is not something to be worried about? Have we not seen something like this before? Think Worthington 2004-05. That ended very badly. Or are you someone who just instinctively likes to avoid the empirical evidence in front of them. A shocking pre-season. Yes, I was willing to forgive that, we''ve had shocking pre-seasons before and done very well. Do you remember 1988-89? I do - we finished 4th and an FA cup semi-final all after a terrible pre-season. However, the fact Hughton did nothing to rectify this shocking preseason with zero attacking threat and instead goes into the season defensively and we get annihalated  by one of the average Prem teams. None of this worries you? Seriously?

Today has to be a new record for me - the worst ever result by a new manager for Norwich in their first game surely? It''d be interesting to see the record books if this is the worst result ever by a new manager. That''d be telling. It probably isn''t. But it''s got to be up there.

I am not advocating an immediate sacking. All I''m saying is that, as a fan with 20 years experience of following Norwich, and having seen good teams and poor teams over that time, and good and poor managers, I can see when the alarm bell should be ringing.

This is a shocking start. Gunn went after such a start. The right decision. I wouldn''t advocate an immediate sacking. I was willing to give him 12 games until I heard his post match interview, which was very poor in my opinion. I sat through the same drivel with Worthington in 2004-05 and we went down. I see no different with Hughton. I''ll give him time to prove me wrong, and I hope you''re right and I''m wrong. But the omens do not look good.

[/quote]Don''t be embarrassed Morty, be worried. We looked miles behind a mid table team. We should not be getting 5-0 hidings at Fulham. 37 games to go but no doubt that we are off on the wrong foot.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

Sometimes I just have to shake my head at some posters. How long have you supported Norwich? Take that experience you''ve accumulated. Is this is not something to be worried about? Have we not seen something like this before? Think Worthington 2004-05. That ended very badly. Or are you someone who just instinctively likes to avoid the empirical evidence in front of them. A shocking pre-season. Yes, I was willing to forgive that, we''ve had shocking pre-seasons before and done very well. Do you remember 1988-89? I do - we finished 4th and an FA cup semi-final all after a terrible pre-season. However, the fact Hughton did nothing to rectify this shocking preseason with zero attacking threat and instead goes into the season defensively and we get annihalated  by one of the average Prem teams. None of this worries you? Seriously?

Today has to be a new record for me - the worst ever result by a new manager for Norwich in their first game surely? It''d be interesting to see the record books if this is the worst result ever by a new manager. That''d be telling. It probably isn''t. But it''s got to be up there.

I am not advocating an immediate sacking. All I''m saying is that, as a fan with 20 years experience of following Norwich, and having seen good teams and poor teams over that time, and good and poor managers, I can see when the alarm bell should be ringing.

This is a shocking start. Gunn went after such a start. The right decision. I wouldn''t advocate an immediate sacking. I was willing to give him 12 games until I heard his post match interview, which was very poor in my opinion. I sat through the same drivel with Worthington in 2004-05 and we went down. I see no different with Hughton. I''ll give him time to prove me wrong, and I hope you''re right and I''m wrong. But the omens do not look good.

[/quote]1 game.Seriously, have a word with yourself.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I am frankly embarrassed to be associated with some posters on here.I cringe, knowing fans of other teams will be reading this forum and laughing their fucking heads off.

[/quote]Don''t be embarrassed Morty, be worried. We looked miles behind a mid table team. We should not be getting 5-0 hidings at Fulham. 37 games to go but no doubt that we are off on the wrong foot.[/quote]I think people need to have a little perspective. Calling for sackings and comparing to Bryan Gunn''s tenure is frankly ridiculous.I''m not happy about it either, but running round like chicken licken proclaiming the sky is falling in, is laughable. And you may call them a mid table team, but they have a lot more proven quality than we have, I fully expected to lose today, I don''t know why losing has come as so much of a surprise to people. And you get the same points for losing by one or twenty goals.If we capitulate at home against QPR then I will, quite happily, make a move towards the panic button.But not after one game lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I am frankly embarrassed to be associated with some posters on here.I cringe, knowing fans of other teams will be reading this forum and laughing their fucking heads off.

[/quote]Don''t be embarrassed Morty, be worried. We looked miles behind a mid table team. We should not be getting 5-0 hidings at Fulham. 37 games to go but no doubt that we are off on the wrong foot.[/quote]I think people need to have a little perspective. Calling for sackings and comparing to Bryan Gunn''s tenure is frankly ridiculous.I''m not happy about it either, but running round like chicken licken proclaiming the sky is falling in, is laughable. And you may call them a mid table team, but they have a lot more proven quality than we have, I fully expected to lose today, I don''t know why losing has come as so much of a surprise to people. And you get the same points for losing by one or twenty goals.If we capitulate at home against QPR then I will, quite happily, make a move towards the panic button.But not after one game lol.

[/quote]You may get the same number of points Morty and we can all stomach a 1 or 2 goal defeat to a decent side. When it gets to 5, and it could have been more then its not good for the morale of the team or the supporters. What is important is the manner of the defeat, we looked clueless and the manager was unable to affect the course of the game. If they''d played for another 30 minutes it would have been 7 or 8. It''s no use disguising the fact that we will be propping up the league with many more dismal efforts like today.We all know that football fortunes go in cycles. I very much feel that today we have started to slide on the downside. I hope I''m wrong but it would be foolish not to admit that the signs are now flashing amber.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I am frankly embarrassed to be associated with some posters on here.I cringe, knowing fans of other teams will be reading this forum and laughing their fucking heads off.

[/quote]You may get the same number of points Morty and we can all stomach a 1 or 2 goal defeat to a decent side. When it gets to 5, and it could have been more then its not good for the morale of the team or the supporters. What is important is the manner of the defeat, we looked clueless and the manager was unable to affect the course of the game. If they''d played for another 30 minutes it would have been 7 or 8. It''s no use disguising the fact that we will be propping up the league with many more dismal efforts like today.We all know that football fortunes go in cycles. I very much feel that today we have started to slide on the downside. I hope I''m wrong but it would be foolish not to admit that the signs are now flashing amber.[/quote]I don''t disagree with much of that, but now naive and stupid do you think Hughton is? We''re not talking about a Gunn-esque idiot here, Hughton is a good manager with a good track record. And, like I said, if he can''t see what went wrong, and go some way to sorting it, then I will gladly join you by the panic button about 4:45 next Saturday.People are waving their arms about moaning about playing one striker, but its hardly out of the question, away from home, is it? Ideally I would have chosen Morro, but maybe he''s not fully fit, who knows? And we missed Fox and definitely Hoolahan. And going behind by a few goals when its 32 degrees plus, is never going to be easy frankly.I don''t think that McNally will let us slide, and I fully expect there will be a reinforcement arrive soon.

[quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]They weren''t chasing the game.Idiot.

[quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]
Them scoring first means they can afford to keep the ball, we have to chase the ball to have a chance of getting a point, even the fittest footballer can''t chase a game in the weather we were playing at for the length of time we did. 

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]
Them scoring first means they can afford to keep the ball, we have to chase the ball to have a chance of getting a point, even the fittest footballer can''t chase a game in the weather we were playing at for the length of time we did. 
[/quote]Scoring the first goal was of course down to the toss of a coin not the way we played?

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]
[/quote]Scoring the first goal was of course down to the toss of a coin not the way we played?[/quote]
It was down to Tierney not tracking Duff''s inside run from a diagonal ball, game was pretty even up until that point. As soon as Duff scored, we had to chase, and they exploited us fully.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]
[/quote]Scoring the first goal was of course down to the toss of a coin not the way we played?[/quote]
It was down to Tierney not tracking Duff''s inside run from a diagonal ball, game was pretty even up until that point. As soon as Duff scored, we had to chase, and they exploited us fully.
[/quote]Bloody Hughton should get another left back in pronto.Oh, wait....

With regards the weather... All of the teams in the prem who won today did without conceding, the other 3 pm game was 0 0. The heat played its part....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]
[/quote]Bloody Hughton should get another left back in pronto.Oh, wait....[/quote]
Not criticizing anything just saying the defence made a mistake (Tierney in particular) and as we chased the game Fulham exploited us fully. There last three goals were less to do with defensive mistakes and more to do with tired players not being able to perform as well as they had been.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]
[/quote]Bloody Hughton should get another left back in pronto.Oh, wait....[/quote]
Not criticizing anything just saying the defence made a mistake (Tierney in particular) and as we chased the game Fulham exploited us fully. There last three goals were less to do with defensive mistakes and more to do with tired players not being able to perform as well as they had been.
[/quote]Totally agree. And it was an example, on their part, of how to adapt your pace etc to exploit and finish a team off.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wiz"]It was 32 degrees plus for Fulham too.[/quote]
[/quote]Bloody Hughton should get another left back in pronto.Oh, wait....[/quote]That was obvious to everyone when it was realised that Naughton was not coming back. It should have been the priority but thankfully the penny finally dropped last week.

barclay seats 48/49: Ha Ha you are laughable !! I think you will find it was 32c for Fulham as well !!
It''s easier to play in hot weather when you have the ball, you are required to move less (or at least with less intensity) allowing players small periods of rest in order to recuperate, are players were chasing the game from the 25th minute onwards, they never got that period of rest. 

I said people would start with hughton out and boos if we lost 3 in a row. Jesus it''s already started after 1 defeat! With fans like ours we have no chance of staying up. Did Manchester utd sack fergie after his crap first season? Is Hughes for the chop or brendan Rodgers finished at Liverpool? We lost a game of football people. Give the guy a chance.

Calm down morons!!!  Fulham put 5 past Newcastle last season, they can do it to good sides at Craven Cottage.  Hughton''s the man, he fills me with lots of confidence.  We''ll finish top 10[:)][Y]