Sign in to follow this  
Chopper2007

CH Take note from Southampton's Performance

Anyone agree with me here!!!!! Just watched the Man City , Southampton game, good attacking football saints scored 2 good goals, and gave it a go, good team performance. Yesterday we looked clueless, looked like we couldn''t be bothered, and just no ideas, shakey in defence, created nothing. We take so many fans to these away games we spend good money, we out sing the home fans, us Norwich fans need something back in return.... come on CH sort it out and get our team playing entertaining football again and at least give it a go !!!!! Come on city !

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"] [Y]

I''d rather lose trying to win rather than lose trying not to lose....... [:S]
[/quote]

Somebody else posting similar sentiments to myself at last.

[quote user="Chopper2007"]Anyone agree with me here!!!!! Just watched the Man City , Southampton game, good attacking football saints scored 2 good goals, and gave it a go, good team performance. Yesterday we looked clueless, looked like we couldn''t be bothered, and just no ideas, shakey in defence, created nothing. We take so many fans to these away games we spend good money, we out sing the home fans, us Norwich fans need something back in return.... come on CH sort it out and get our team playing entertaining football again and at least give it a go !!!!! Come on city ![/quote]

They have a lot of basic failings, such as heading the ball back into their own penalty area LOL !!, defending too deeply, backing off, but I loved watching that game, and they could have sneaked a result. CH please note!!!

[quote user="Chopper2007"]exactly give it a go, £40 to watch that dire performance was unacceptable[/quote]

blimey, was that the standard price ?

[quote user="Chopper2007"]yep it was, lol and £4 for a manky pie in a bag, says it all really[/quote]

... and I watched it for free, thankfully, on the internet with a London Pride and Kettle Crisps by my side.   

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Chopper2007"]yep it was, lol and £4 for a manky pie in a bag, says it all really[/quote]

... and I watched it for free, thankfully, on the internet with a London Pride and Kettle Crisps by my side.   

[/quote]Ah, but it''s not the same as being there is it ? [:''(]

Feels good man, I was bricking it before the game, individually we weren''t even that good but Adkins tactics and the performance and as a team was quality. Should have the Ramirez and Phillips signings wrapped up 2mo, then just gotta buy a new defence and we''re good to go.

Perhaps todays performance by Southampton is because they haven''t got to the stage yet when the majority of their fans believe that anyone is better than the likes of Lambert, Lallana, Schneiderlin & Co who got them to this level?

I don''t understand how anyone can make any predictions about how we or southampton are going to do this season on the basis of one performance.

Before they scored, our lot did have a go at attacking them, but we were closed down by a Fulham team who finished strongly last season, and will likely be in the top 10 again this.

I think we''ll get some kind of idea of where we actually are after the QPR game. If there are still poor defensive decisions in a game where we should get to see more of the ball, if we''re still puffing and panting 60 minutes into the game, and leaving attacking players onside for through-balls, then the chances are there are some problems to address. But 3 points is all we''ve lost - we could be ahead of Swansea by September.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Twist it though...

Would you rather say up playing very defensive (boring to watch) or go down playing attacking football (exciting to watch)?

[/quote]

That''s a stupid question though, because very defensive football will not earn us enough points to stay up. That very defensive football yesterday was not very good at all IMO.

Think it''s worth reading Southampton''s managers post match interview, talking about how they intend to win everygame and will go out with that attitude every game, something which worked for us last season. Hopefully Hughton admits he got it wrong yesterday, in the game and with his post match comments. As others have said though, it''s one game and i rate the Fulham team, when they are good they are quality, if we don''t beat QPR though he really would have put the pressure on himself.

[quote user="ben86"]Feels good man, I was bricking it before the game, individually we weren''t even that good but Adkins tactics and the performance and as a team was quality. Should have the Ramirez and Phillips signings wrapped up 2mo, then just gotta buy a new defence and we''re good to go.[/quote]

With respect, entertaining match, but boy do you ever !